Komodo Motors - Roviro

If you go to the LUA file and put all the “ECS_xxx” bits in quotes that’ll fix it. Goes for all pink bodies.

1 Like

that is, if i can find the automation folder again on this new pc…

how do you made the 360 GIFs?

here. i made a tutorial on it.

dude those tyres lol I take it this body will become a favourite

####a new addition to the phyton lineup. introducing the sedan based on the same platform.

##Phyton Glandict

the new top of the line of the phyton lineup.
a whole new higher class interior, a new and improved engine.

powered by the newly designed improvement, with the biggest engine capacity and the only variant with a turbo in the engine lineup (excluding the KSR modified Fighter trim)

##Phyton Hova

the sedan equivalent of the Classia

powered by a new trim, with the same capacity, different bore and stroke but more power

2017 Phyton.zip (213.0 KB)

##LEAGLO

A performance oriented practical sedan on a budget

Powered by the newly developed engine
###AG - 24DMP

the story of the ill-fated and the to be forgotten leaglo*

######*a bit of irl history is mixed in

released in 1994, this was supposed to be a competitor to the mitsubishi galant. but the product pricing was awkward and out of place. it’s meant to be a lower priced competitor than the galant. but because of the explosion of sporty and high performance car of the era, dealers were putting up markups quite a bit higher than we anticipated. although at the start it did sell, and the reviews were quite good. but then there’s the pricing. it wasn’t low enough, the lower trim galant were cheaper even though they were inferior, and they still used carbs, but it was still selling thanks to the higher trimmed sibling having much more prestige. those who have a bit more money just went for the galant-VR4. it’s all around superior to the leaglo. has AWD, 6 speed manual, or the highly advanced 4 speed INVECS automatic that was really good for the time.

the VR4 is also lighter while having almost 30kgs less weight then the leaglo, even with the AWD system’s added weight. their 2L twin turbo makes nearly 40hp more than the AG engine, and are even capable of an extra 50hp with some light tuning, which, because of the amount they sell, was really easy, since part was plenty everywhere.

and in 1994, indonesia’s economy was really bubbling, unstable, and are on the verge of popping, national loans were everest high, the currency is way overvalued, this made people a bit more aware of their spending habits. all of this came down to a relatively weak sales after the early surge of buyer.

1997 came. the asian economic bubble popped. that year, we have a national deficit of more than the income of 1990 to 1996 combined. june 1997 USD$1 is Rp 2.450. the number is round because of government policies that makes it so on purpose in order to ‘stabilize’ the national economy. january 1998, USD$1 is Rp13.513. yes, it happened, an almost 700% inflation in about 7 months. although it went back to Rp 8.000 a dollar, it stayed there and we never recovered fully from it, until the 2008 crisis came and hit us again.

in 1997, we barely sold 200 leaglos, and then in 1998 we, as a company literally stopped operating for 4.5 months. why?
this is why

*this is our parliament building. and 90% of all those people are college students. it is still standing and being used today.

because of the economic collapse, people blamed 2 party. people of chinese ethicity.
the other party was our dictator president, which by law, was supposed to only be allowed to be president for 10 years, yet, he’s been the president for 32 years on 1998, alongside with most of our political members.

that wasn’t a war, that wasn’t a rebellion, that was just pure outrage of the people, represented mostly by college students. it’s was a riot of similiar of a military coup de etat. on the last pic you can see it’s literally the mass vs the police, and usually with militaric force backing up the police force.

thousands of people died within just a week. some shot by the military, some beaten up by the police to death, some fainted in the middle of the riots, fell, and stomped to death, and the people that are ethnically chinese, were raped, beaten, their houses burned.

it didn’t stopped there. our country, in the most literal way, grinds to a halt. economic stopped, trains stopped, nobody came out of their houses, streets were empty, most buildings that survived were forced to closed because they were threatened that their property would be burned if they didn’t. thousands of shops, banks, market places, and other economic building were either smashed to bits, razed, pillaged, or all 3 of it. and even more were forced out of jobs, and those forced out of jobs, end up pillaging even more stuff. we ourselves were forced to close down one of our factories, increasing the price of our future cars because we now have to deal with more complex and expensive logistical solutions.

a few days after the riots subsided, our president announced that he backed down from his position and were replaced by the vice president. he was brilliant, he fixed and supported the country back up real fast, but he also backed out after just a year. saying this political stuff wasn’t his cake.

so, 1994-1996, failed to compete with the galant
1997 economic bubble popped leading to crisis
1998 riots that forced our activity to grind to a halt.

and in the end of 1998, in the short 4 years, the leaglo is retired in parts of the efforts of repairing the damage the riots in indonesia did to our business, since back then, indonesia was one of our biggest market.

please post something if you came here and didn’t expect to see shit this deep :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I remember hearing of those riots and that period of instability. A friend of my brother’s covered it as part of a high school assignment on “current international affairs”. I found it memorable because said friend also managed to use The Internet (then a not universally used thing in Australia) to find frank and graphic evidence of the riots and plastered his assignment with them. It literally made the teacher puke. I can only imagine what it was really like for those actually there.

Also somewhat memorable because it seems the Chinese get a bit of a raw deal as far as most of South East Asia is concerned.

Deep shit.

You can still see some of the effects of the riots now.

Many buildings are left unrepaired, broken glass, charred walls. Housing complexes walled up unnecessary access points, homeowners stick glass shards on top of their fences, and unfortunately, high racial tensions.

Also the fact that the Rp. jumped from IIRC about 4,000 per USD to 16,000 overnight didn’t help.

The untenable financial situation at the time forced me and my family to settle in Brisbane, Queensland for the next four years, and my resulting familiarity with that country’s motoring culture during that time may explain why I considered starting a thread about my Australian car brand, Albury Motors. Unfortunately, a recent visit to London (the British capital) forced me to delay these plans in favor of a thread about my British marque, Harris Cars Ltd.

umm… how’s your story relate to my post again?

and where’s the said thread?

3 Likes

That thread is in the pipeline - but I first made a thread about the engines used by Albury throughout its history. More significantly, if the Leaglo had existed in real life, my family would not have been able to afford it due to the financial crisis.

oh… that’s a roundabout way of saying your point. okay then

1 Like

##KASTRO

after the downfall of leaglo in south east asia, the nearly 4 months of stopped sales, the 2 years of crisis, we need something, quick, cheap, and affordable.

and looking at the market the last few years, although it is very hard to decipher because the chaos of a decade that is the 90’s in Indonesia. there is a still small but constant growth of demand for cars that carries more people, have big cargo space, is spacious, but at a low budget. and that is the market we are aiming for. yes it’s safer to just make a budget sedan that sells really well, since it’s still the biggest market. but we’re aiming for the long run, and we’re also looking to building back our reputation, and so this risky and thorny path is the one we choose.

this is not a car to be remembered. this is a car to be sold, used, abused, and forgotten. but it is also a car that would prop Komodo back up to nearly it’s former glory. yes this is a ‘pump and dump’ car. we pump it out from the factory, and few years later, people dump it because they have something better.

##BE Series

as of the release of Kastro, there is 2 variants powering the vehicle.
it is a re-engineered HB series engine from 1986. it shares the same basic principle, but is now modernized. it features VVT, and Multi-Port Fuel Injection system, instead of the old carb/single point FI options. it also now a squared engine design instead of the oversquared HB.

###18SMP

###22SMP

##Alphierre

the base trim of the kastro lineup. but even on the base model, it has these features as standard:

• Endurance Life Tires
  • 5+2 Seats, with foldable 3rd row seats.
  • Power Steering
  • Slipless Brake System
  • Advanced-Life Security(ALS) Gen.2
  • AM/FM Radio+ Cassette Player Combo
  • Halogen fog lamps

##Buchierre

all off what’s offered on the Alphierre +:

• Active Stability Control
  • Synthetic Leather Upholstery
  • CD Player instead of Cassette player

##Tophre

of course, how could we miss that sedan market, it is still a popular market overall. since it’s more expensive anyway, we decided to make it better in every way

and the features are:
oh who am i kidding, if you’re considering to buy a premium car, you’re more than likely are pretty loaded, which means you’re pretty busy. so do you really want to read cheesy car ad brochure?
we have better ways for you to know what’s on it, and what’s in it. just give your nearest dealer a call, and we’ll set an appointment for a test drive so you can experience it yourself

Kastro - 2000.zip (117.7 KB)

5 Likes

That is one of the most promising entry-level family cars I have ever seen from you (mostly due to its fuel economy) - or any manufacturer, for that matter.

Nice, but a bit gas guzzling. Maybe another gearing could help?

because it’s an auto. and i wouldn’t say 15km/l gas guzzling? that’s about 35 US MPG?

except maybe the Topher. yes, that is somewhat on purpose, the AFR is a bit richer, for more power but not sacrificing drivability.

Ah, my bad, I didn’t notice the unit, I thought it was not km/l, but l/100km :slight_smile: That way it’s not a guzzler at all.

#####*MASSIVE reveal ahead

now where do i start. i guess, let’s start with more boring but neccesary ones, and build up from there

#LOWLIS