Maine Motors Co - The car you deserve (UE4 Thread)

mainemotorsnewlogo

Story of the company.

Racing pedigree and notable race drivers.

Car models.

Notable race cars.

7 Likes

'70 Imperator 440 GT.

9 Likes

400 hp is a BIG number - I think it would have outgunned pretty much everything bar a couple of VERY limited production freak models…

Also, I really like the grille design :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that is a proper muscle car - big, grunty and imposing. I must admit that the whole lineup should look even better in UE4 - and on the evidence I’ve seen so far, it certainly does!

Maine Motors Guayota GT 415 '70

5 Likes

Maine Motors Scorcher 2.0 GT '07

8 Likes

This is gold, right there :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve played NFS ProStreet like for 5 times, now 6th, and I’ve never noticed the Scorcher in-game…
:thinking:

But yeah, you’ve gone nuts with this idea. :laughing:

Quite a nice car inside and out. Even though ProStreet is one of my least favorite NFS titles, it’s nice to see someone showing it some love!

Pre-Order DLC for the PS2 version

I guess the lack of side mirrors reduces drag :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OAM and Maine Motors might be working on something together…stay tuned!

5 Likes

Maine Motors Convict Liberator 380 '76.

9 Likes

Seriously, that is one beaut ute… How would it have fared in the Australian market, if it had been sold there? It would have given the Holden HX and Ford XC utes a run for their money at least!

THAT attention to detail, is marvelous. NICE

An important announcement concerning Maine Motors.

It’s been 9 months without activity here. I did try to revive this company at some points, or get to work on it with the latest updates and I thought I had to the motivation to do so since I am about to, so to say, “finish” Caliban (meaning I’m a post away from a period of no new cars since as a low volume company with three cars, facelifting and redesigning is not a common thing). But every time I tried to get to it, I simply remade the Starbanner v8 for the 19821928912th time and cluttered my ingame engine repertoire even more.

I simply realized this is not what I want Maine Motors, or rather my American company, to be. I discovered that when I posted my first assorted car a few days ago, the Rivera Mondello. A single car in which I have invested more effort and minutes of design than any of the Maine cars you can see posted here, and also the car that began this dylemma of mine now.

What is going to happen to Maine Motors? The post will just sit here, so I can go back and see where I come from. Rivera will receive a post in some time, whenever I have everything ready (since I want to do something I’ve not done yet, fleshing out a lore instead of making it on the go) and good to go.

So thank you to everyone who enjoyed the few cars I posted here, this post won’t be updated further. No posts will be deleted, so you can enjoy some of my older designs, even if I personally don’t find them good for me anymore, and you’re free to mention Maine Motors as a lore element or competitor. Just imagine a stereotypical American company when it comes to lore I have not fleshed out here.

10 Likes