Micro machine challenge! The Results Are In!

True, tuning is the real pain here.
I think a have a bit bigger rims than you and mybe wider front tyre. As far as I remember, mid1.10 was my time. I could get better with shorter ratio but since I did not know what will count I made a compromise. Also it was my first RR suspension tune and after some time cutting 0.0X seconds I simply called it.
I could get 1 extra HP (still one shirt I see) but curve was better that way and yield better times with gearing I had. As far as aero goes, I do believe I reduced rear lift a bit but more than that hurt my time.

Your rims are probably quite a bit larger than mine. They look like 15". Mineā€™s 12". Youā€™d be quite right to think using profiles of 55 and above for front wheels is crazy talk, but apparently the weight I saved made up for it. Also with such a light front end, I suspect I donā€™t have to worry about sidewall shearing nearly as much.

With the saved weight and slightly improved contact patch due to more give in the tyre, I even shaved 0.1s off the 0-100 time :laughing:

well downforce actually helped me here. and a clue, both of my cam profile are only a couple points apart.

im getting 250hp @ 9700 and i canā€™t tweak anymore. and i canā€™t seem to find where to lose another 20kg compared to stropā€™s

now on the Rear/Mid engine config. i always end up in a dillemma. bigger front tires or less oversteer. sure i could alleviate some oversteer with camber, but it only goes so far, and beyond that makes more sense to make the tires thinner.

btw, the year is 2016 right?

15 yeahā€¦I tried bigger but my logic was against smallerā€¦

This is the question. Iā€™ve found that eliminating all oversteer is not wise as youā€™ll end up on bicycle tyres and it hurts your braking and turn in. Based on my questionably realistic experience with old Porsches in simulators, if you lift off or brake, the rear end goes all kinds of squirrelly anyway.

The best balance Iā€™ve found somewhere around (but not on) the mark where estimated drivability is maximised, which involves a ton of terminal oversteer. This is one situation where clever suspension tuning really pays dividends, I slashed over a second off my Airfield time with that.

yep. i can see that. just i dunno what im doing with the suspension setup. itā€™s my achilles heel

Because of the ultra fast pivoting, if set up correctly, RR cars in automation are capable of insane levels of cornering. Which makes them very handy on technical tracks. I can come pretty close to breaking the real world record on the Pikes Peak track (which may or may not need recalibration, since I wrote it ages ago) with one.

I shall remember this hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well brc made me believe that terminal oversteer is death so I tuned mine to avoid itā€¦ still Iā€™ve got quite some rubber in the front.

Terminal oversteer in FR and MR generally means reduced cornering and drivability. However in FF and RR it may very well not beā€¦

i do NOT get how strop could get less that 1:09. i pulled all the stops and trick and iā€™m still a bit short of that.
even with 2.7s 0-60 and 1.5g cornering.

hahahaaha those prices got me :smiley:

@Vos_Nox thanks for taking your time, it was fun and educational. Do you maybe have times from all tracks saved so we can see them?

congrats to everyone!

Wow! I didnā€™t totally suck, despite not knowing how to tune VVL and carrying extra weight around. Sure, I didnā€™t win anything, but I wasnā€™t last. Thatā€™s an improvement in my book!

@AirJordan
Your times are as follows:
ATT - 1:57.69
TGTT - 1:10.6
DR - 3:32.25

1 Like

Well, that went about as expected actually. In terms of AirJordan coming second and Dziuras coming third. I hoped that the AWD config would make waves but the weight penalty at these outputs is just too high and the car ended up really slow, so no surprises.

A date with Randy huh? Iā€™d trade that for a date with the livestock at the farm :wink: Whaddyasay?

wait what?
but thereā€™s no deadline O_O
i thought it would still go for at least another week.
edit: so i just found the deadline is halfway down the thread, so i think i skipped thatā€¦
and technically, itā€™s may 7th right now which is may 6th on the western world, which is what im used to since most players are not from the east

sooooo i just wasted my time then. soocksā€¦

so, i, uh, goddamit, argh, whatā€™s the word, ah, feckit, i donā€™t know the words for what im feeling right now.

i know i wouldā€™ve made the top 3 now.

yeah Vos forgot to update the OP with the deadline. Itā€™s nested away halfway down the thread.

NOOOOOO nothing is faster than a kiwi lol

hahahaha up the Aussies ya bludger :stuck_out_tongue:

ftfy :sunglasses:

1 Like