Most Italian Make

Who, in your opinion, embodies Italy the most? Please back up and defend your claims.

Summary

Please

8 Likes

Unironically this along with scooters and the Fiat 500

2 Likes

11 Likes

SX679

1 Like

SY355

3 Likes

Good ideas, but bad executed

8 Likes

An interesting Topic for a first post you chose there. The first question I have to ask is what actually is Italy? I think there is a massive distinction between what our predominately non-italian automation community thinks is italian (aka stereotypes) and the actual italy beyond the memes.

In automotive terms, Italy is home to some of the greatest automotive minds to ever live, contributing countless things we moderners take for granted in a car, most of which we don’t even know. Italian cars get an especially large amount of shit for a number of failures that weren’t even out of the ordinary on a global stage. A Volkswagen isn’t better protected against rust than your average Fiat. A Nissan can be just as unreliable as a Lancia. People only ever remember the exceptions, for better or worse. The vast majority simply got lost in a giant sea of unremarkable cars. They pretty much got shafted by global sales patterns, leaving Italian cars for those that deliberately seek them out.

Italy also has more meme appeal than any other country. It is fun to make fun of italy.

5 Likes

This went deep very fast.

1 Like

Just tryin’ to stay away from memes.

2 Likes

a noble effort, but most likely a futile one.

3 Likes

I daily drive a 45 year old lancia. So far it did not let me down a single time while every other car I´ve owned over the last years did on a regular basis. No bad words about from me.
Every country (when it comes to cars) has its stereotypes. I think the brits have a similar stereotype to the italians. Like they build beautiful cars, good for the eye but never actually work.

2 Likes

Monica Bellucci and Tarantella! :):heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::joy::joy:

DGvestelanazionaledicalcio

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like