Most Needed Body Types Survey

What is that last one? Very nice, looks like something from a small company based on a fiat 850 or something

Its actgually a very not well known Soviet sports car, ZAZ sport 900. its kinda like the Melkus rs 1000 from what i understand.

saposed to be like the “Soviet porche” its got a damn cool looking body

2 Likes

Now im no russian, but their seems to be alot of really neat soviet chassis that would really work in automation in my opinion.

6 Likes

Bring back the Cadillac XTS body!!!

2 Likes

It was the first time I knew it existed. Although I can already give his verdict: too small interior. According to Soviet ideology, it was necessary to produce narrow, inconvenient, uncomfortable and weak cars, so as not to corrupt the citizen of the USSR. Although all the possibilities to create cool cars were there.

My father had a ZAZ 968M, which was still that kind of aggregate… Before each trip it was necessary to have it inspect and repair. ZAZ cars were among the most unreliable in the USSR. The reason for that was rough assembly and extremely low service life of the parts.
It was painted yellow to have a pleasant association with a sports car, and at least it pleased its owner…

In fact, it was scarier to drive over 90 km/h. And at 120, when another car towed us it felt like we were going to crash, from the extremely low weight of 750kg and the ultra narrow 155mm tires.
Driving it at such speeds is like catching the road in the beam, especially with the side wind.

Edit:
And as for the Sport 900, I haven’t laughed so mockingly in a long time.
I just don’t know what’s in it ‘Sport’. It was scary as a tank, they should have given it the name ‘Supercar’!

Engine l4 27 hp OHV.
Weight 700 kg.
Max Speed - 120 kmph.
The wheels are some kind of bagels.
Oh, it’s a good thing I didn’t live in that strange time.
The motor was from whatever motorcycle, and if it was accelerate to 100, it must have been in 100 seconds.
The appearance - I don’t even want to look at it.

In comparison with it, the new ZAZ 968M was much better.

4 Likes

I’m really desiring the body of a Bugatti EB112.
It’s something I’d like to have for a dream luxury build in Automation. The car was introduced in the 90s and I believe only 3 are in existence today. All three differ somewhat as they were all preproduction protoypes.

6 Likes

I feel like this body would a bit too specific to make anything other than a bugatti sedan, but if you had a 90s blob sedan like a mk3 Ford Taurus that could be morphed into something like that it would nice.Auto Auction Ended on VIN: 1FALP53S3VA195828 1997 FORD TAURUS LX in NY -  Long Island1997 Ford Taurus in Casa Grande, AZ - 1FALP52U1VA219255

6 Likes

Thanks, never heard of it before. now I want the ZAZ and the FSO Syrena Sport you posted. Russian car design was actually pretty good in places

3 Likes

ultra narrow 155mm tires

155mm tires was a pretty common sight on many cars in europe during the time the ZAZ was a thing though, so I wouldn’t go calling them “ultra narrow”.

2 Likes

I had a car with 155mm tyres until about 9 months ago, and my current one only has 165. Pretty much got a GT86… i10 is close right?

2 Likes

Well, ZAZ 968M ‘Zapor’ozhets’, produced in Zaporozhye in Ukraine in the period from '79 to '94, was supplied in two variants - one with 145, and the other with 155. We had the more safer variant. I consider this configuration as a purely city one: it would be bad on a highway, and moreover on a track.
High centre of mass, wrong weight distribution, low weight, narrow wheels - it’s all contributed to weak shifting and other insecurities. The rear-engine layout and lack of crumple zones, despite the abundance of steel, made it quite vulnerable what was touched a passive safety. Otherwise it was a good car, but every 175 km something was broken and had be to repaire. Most often, the engine. But in its defense, it models was always extremely cheap, which the tuned-in Ukrainians decided to do, as there were very few personal vehicles in the USSR. I was used to it, and I even felt sorry for when it went to scrap metal, although there was a chance to sell 968M to some guy, for mocking and chip tuning.

As for Lexus LS and GT86, there is no point in comparing with it, because the difference in values here is just heaven and earth. The first has 205 width and the second has 235 - and it is quite a golden mean for most bodies.

I I
I I
I I
V V

?

OT:

Pretty please?

4 Likes

I gotcha covered :sunglasses: (Sure it’s not 100% dead on Rocky, but is Kei sized and close enough)

4 Likes

2001-2010 Chrysler PT would be interesting choice because of it’s forms, i think.
As well as 2005-2011 Chevrolet HHR:

1 Like
1 Like

Unfortunatley, not for 4.27

1 Like

Yeah many cars got that weird look i love so much, kinda the same reason people like AMC i think.

1 Like