MUSCLE CAR CHALLENGE (CLOSED for Judgment)

So I recently learned how to make a car faster than 300 mph, and I feel like its time to raise a challenge. Who can build a better Muscle Car.

What this competition will look for
Biggest Engine*
Most Power (in BHP)
Most Torque*
Fastest Top Speed (in MPH)
Fastest Track Time (airfeild)*
Highest Sportiness*
Easiest to Drive*
Highest Comfort*
Widest Wheels*
Highest Weight (in LBs)
Fastest Acceleration (quarter mile)
Better Aesthetics (public vote* and judge)
Better Price

Results will be posted on a Separate Thread!

Rules:
-RWD and Front engine ONLY
-No Race tech (racing cam profile is allowed and racing suspension setup is also allowed)
-1963 to 1972 (and only technology from that time period, and no racing tech and they only had push rods, no other valves or cam systems)
-Must look like an old muscle car.
-NO FUEL INJECTION
-No Unleaded Fuel (what muscle cars used Unleaded fuel at this time?)
-NO TURBOS (no muscle car from this era had a turbo Forced Induction System, it was either Super Charged or Naturally Aspirated)
-If asked, you must provide proof that the car follows the rules on a specific area (ex: Fuel System, Intake, Exhaust -pipe, Chassis (no space frame or aluminum or fiber glass for panels or chassis, only the steels are allowed)).
-Engines must have at least the required cooling.
-Muscle cars were made with commonly found parts that could be tuned to have more power and still be mass produced.

2 Likes

Oh, and No Aero Cars (ex: Dodge Charger Daytona)

Any limitation on budget or engineering time or Tech sliders? Coz I foresee a lot of +15 slider abuse with these rules!

And when you say no Aero cars, do you mean no wings, lips or undertray?

Also why not actually specify the material rules instead of bundling them into this weird aside at the bottom? Call it the chassis and material rules.

Also yes it must look like a muscle car but I can still easily make it rear engined which will make for spectacular improvement in drag times. Does layout and drivetrain matter?

1 Like

Quality is absolutely fine. Car shouldn’t cost more than 40K, but I’ll be easy and say nothing over 50K. Engineering time is not limited (unless it won’t be out by the end of 1972, or to start it before 1963 so that it is in that year range, but this is strictly sandbox. So who’s gonna care when you can’t really tell without complicating it?) Oh, and good eye, Front Engine cars only, and rear wheel drive only (no FWD, AWD, 4X4, and (i saw this and thought it was a glitch, but if it’s any different from AWD (I say no)) 4WD.
No Aero Cars (no one cared about aerodynamics then except Ford and Chrystler and NASCAR, and the Dodge Daytonas and the Ford Torinos/Mercury Cyclones ended up being banned anyway). You can have wings and lips, but nothing to ruin the generic box shape shared by all muscle cars at this time (wings can’t be 2 ft tall and noses).

Oh, and the rules are in one place cause it saves time. I don’t want to look at 2 places at once to read the rules.

I’m going to go work on my car.

How is this relevant to the performance build?

3 Likes

It is relevant to muscle car. Muscle cars are Heavy (like 2500 lbs or more). And Don’t say Mustang, that is NOT a muscle car.

So, the manufacturers made them heavy on purpose because it benefited the car… somehow.

2 Likes

2500 lbs is heavy? For a city car, maybe… Or in the period that you specified, for a compact.

1969 Dodge Charger RT Hemi 426. It weighed 1.75 tons, and it was THE Fastest American Muscle car that wasn’t an aerocar.

They were built tough, like how American Muscle Cars should be built.

Because it had a big fucking engine.

Heavy never equals good.

The main reason why muscle cars were so big is that they were often built using a chassis based on the various sedans made by the manufacturers, which, back then, were pretty much all barges.

2 Likes

I did a bit of a research, right now and…
Why do you always make challenges that demand we make our cars worse than we can without a real purpose to it?

2 Likes

Hmm, because it had huge POWER for its time? with less weight it would be even faster. And do you realise that in Automation there is no way to build a car “tough” by increasing its weight? (apart from choosing steel, obviously)

1 Like

4 Likes

Heavy was just about the only tough then. There was no carbon fiber or graphine, or even cheep enough titanium or aluminum at the time. Steel is HEAVY!!!

Really. This is a muscle car challenge. Are you saying you can make a muscle car within these parameters way better than anyone else? Are you challenging me? I just finished my car, ready to present at the thread for results. I just need to see your car!

what? what’s the point of this?

I said I have a car ready. Anyone want to challenge me?

I’m building something. You caught me in a bit of a good mood while I’m in the mood to play with pushrods and carburettors.