MUSCLE CAR CHALLENGE (CLOSED for Judgment)

Yeah, I’m way under 40k right now. Any specific markup?

the rule is 50K, but since you mentioned it, my car is about 42K.

And which leaded fuel, Regular or Super? I’m comfortable using either, got an engine plan for either of 'em.

any, just can’t be unleaded.

Car’s been completed and sent. Lot of fun designing for this.

I will tell him what the thread must look like when he’s done with the video(s).

Um nope your very wrong ever heard of a ford 427ci SOHC!?

Chevy Corvair, Oldsmobile Jetfire…

So no Shelby cobra’s (alloy) or Chevy Corvettes (fibreglass) ?

An American muscle car? what about Australian or European? More info please

5 Likes

I also echo this. Besides with a price limit, fitting a aluminum or fiberglass body is more expensive anyway, so it should balance out if the rules are done nicely.

Just recently found out about the Ford. Covair’s 180 BHP and the Jetfire Turbo’s 215 BHP do not do justice for the Muscle Car (Mustangs weren’t muscle cars till the 1980’s, when we had to redefine muscle car as a small, green car that looked sporty, or they had to be a Shelby), The Cobra and Corvette are race cars and aren’t nearly as tough as a Dodge Charger or a Chevy Chevelle. And were doing American Muscle Cars, I didn’t know Muscle Cars were made in other countries (or were classified as muscle cars).

you don’t history very well, do you?

And how do you qualify “tough”?[quote=“CNCharger, post:49, topic:18898”]
I didn’t know Muscle Cars were made in other countries (or were classified as muscle cars)
[/quote]
You like your little world in a box, don’t you?

3 Likes

What the Fuck are you smoking…

Bullshit the Corvette was a mass produced sports car and the Cobra was a low volume produced street legal car

Thats your opinion…Its wrong but, Ford Falcon GT ho, Ford Falcon Cobra, Holden Torana, Jensen Interceptor, Plymouth Road Runner, Chevy yenko Nova etc etc etc… Do your research before sprouting information which is completely bogus

Think Very hard… I know that’s a challenge but you know that wonderful thing called google or Wikipedia could have saved you alot of embarrassment.

4 Likes

Mustangs aren’t muscle cars. One would rip the road if it had a 426 hemi. Some are really light, but still don’t have the engine power of a muscle car and can only go up to 120 mph. The Corvette had a fiberglass body, which would b strong enough for it, but can’t stand in a crash. I should of said atleast I didn’t know that muscle cars built by companies not in the USA were classified as Muscle Cars. According to wiki, muscle car is an American term. The Cobra has a steel frame, but its not an American muscle car cause its derived from a British car made by AC. Today, a modern base model Charger can beat a modern Mustang GT350.

Dodge Charger R/T 426 V-8 Hemi TorqueFlite, model year 1970, version for North America U.S. (up to September)
2-door coupe body type
RWD (rear-wheel drive), automatic 3-speed gearbox
petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 6974 cm3 / 425.6 cui, advertised power: 317 kW / 425 hp / 431 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 664 Nm / 490 lb-ft
characteristic dimensions: outside length: 5296 mm / 208.5 in, wheelbase: 2972 mm / 117 in
reference weights: base curb weight: 1710 kg / 3770 lbs
how fast is this car ? top speed: 228 km/h (142 mph) (theoretical);
accelerations: 0- 60 mph 5.4 s; 0- 100 km/h 6.5 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 14.2 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 24.9 l/100km / 11.3 mpg (imp.) / 9.4 mpg (U.S.) / 4 km/l 

Ford Mustang Boss 429, model year 1970, version for North America U.S. (up to September)
2-door coupe body type
RWD (rear-wheel drive), manual 4-speed gearbox
petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 7033 cm3 / 429.2 cui, advertised power: 279.5 kW / 375 hp / 380 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 664 Nm / 490 lb-ft
characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4760 mm / 187.4 in, wheelbase: 2743 mm / 108 in
reference weights: estimated curb weight: 1615 kg / 3560 lbs
how fast is this car ? top speed: 177 km/h (110 mph) (theoretical);
accelerations: 0- 60 mph 5.3 s; 0- 100 km/h 5.6 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 14 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 23.7 l/100km / 11.9 mpg (imp.) / 9.9 mpg (U.S.) / 4.2 km/l 

Ford Mustang Mach I 351 4V V-8 4-speed close-ratio, model year 1970, version for North America U.S. (up to September)
2-door coupe body type
RWD (rear-wheel drive), manual 4-speed gearbox
petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 5766 cm3 / 351.9 cui, advertised power: 223.5 kW / 300 hp / 304 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 515 Nm / 380 lb-ft
characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4760 mm / 187.4 in, wheelbase: 2743 mm / 108 in
reference weights: base curb weight: 1477 kg / 3256 lbs
how fast is this car ? top speed: 212 km/h (132 mph) (theoretical);
accelerations: 0- 60 mph 6.6 s; 0- 100 km/h 7 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 15.1 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 19.3 l/100km / 14.6 mpg (imp.) / 12.2 mpg (U.S.) / 5.2 km/l
2 Likes

Just please don’t turn my threads into warzones people. I don’t like arguing, and I get argumentative if my threads are being ruined like this cause someone doesn’t like what I said.

Speed range

(max speed on gears,

top gear value theor.):

(km/h / mph)

I:
91 / 57
II:
125 / 78
III:
164 / 102
IV:
212 / 132

On a 1968 390 equipped Mustang with the 4 speed manual.
The gearing is the limiting factor.

Ever heard of the 428 Cobra Jet Mustang? Its a muscle car, and it not a shelby mustang

And this:

Next person to turn my threads into warzones gets put on the ignore list if there is one.
##REALLY? COOL!

Edit: If you would loosen up a bit and try not to “prove everyone is wrong because I am totally right” Then we could have meaning full discussion instead of arguments. I myself have been proven wrong, and I took each time as a learning experience. I suggest you do the same.

5 Likes

there is not one, but it would be nice writing what I want and not having to hear the backlash (picture someone in a car listening to itunes with earplugs while someone outside the car is yelling there head off). And the Cobra Jet is a muscle car, and I didn’t know, but it sure qualifies. The 120 thing was an exagerration. And its not that Im trying to prove everyone wrong, Its the Backlash that starts it. I just really ticked and its 11pm where I live. GOOD NIGHT!!!

Ok, well, there’s an easy solution here when you get up:

• Either broaden the rules to allow for the definitions of all known muscle cars
  • Or declare that the rules are intended to reflect a narrow segment of American, all-steel, naturally aspirated muscle cars.

Either is okay, as long as you’re not digging yourself into a hole by arguing with muscle car enthusiasts about what is or isn’t a muscle car by using an overly narrow definition. Flexibility solves many problems! (And solving problems prevents many a butthurt)

3 Likes

Look, you might be young and innocent or have ADHD but let us tell you a few things. This is the internet. Literally the one thing the internet does well is facts. So saying such a thing like “the mustang isn’t a muscle car”…bad idea. You might think it’s your opinion but it’s a fact that it has been engineered to cater to the muscle car market and no one else. This point has been brought up. There are a lot of seriously knowledgeable people on this forum and if you make controversial statements and don’t back them up, prepare for a debate. And don’t just chicken out because you don’t like arguments, you brought it on yourself.

Just… let him search and bring valid proves on his claims.
Ignore otherwise.

Lives better :wink:

3 Likes

But people being wrong on the internet! Like social justice warriors! And Republicans!

#duckforcover :laughing:

3 Likes