New Age Cab Challenge

Submissions are now open

Sorry for the late open didn't realize how late I slept in.
3 Likes
the minimum MPG rating has been changed to 30 mpg due to difficulties on bigger bodies
4 Likes

I had the perfect car just for this…

Breckenridge Citizen Taxicab

Lore

When the city council of New York announced the search for a new yellow taxi to serve the streets of New York, the Breckenridge Motor Company immediately jumped at the opportunity. The Colorado based company was already working on a cab variant of the current Citizen, their large sedan that is doing really well in fleet sales. With the Citizen already serving the Police in some cities, expanding the line-up with a yellow cab was a no-brainer, and the CEO raised this project to the highest priority.

Some changes needed to be made, however. The Police Interceptor spec of the car had a powerful turbo V6, and had a relatively firm ride and bare interior to remain suitable for the police, but quite uncomfortable, and uneconomical for a yellow cab in traffic.

Chief Engineer, Rebecca Peters, personally gathered a team from the BMC Fleet department to work on the car, and set out the requirements for the yellow cab variant. It had to be comfortable, it had to be reliable, economical, and it had to be easy and cheap to maintain. The existing Breckenridge parts bin should be able to sufficiently cover the changes with minimal development

They began by axing the 3.5l Turbo V6, instead opting for the recently developed 2 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder EnduraBoost II A1 engine. The engine was mild in comparison to the interceptor’s V6, producing just about 155bhp when compared to the 380bhp of the v6, but, the engine was light, quiet, and most importantly, sips very, very little fuel, easily exceeding the 30MPG rating required by the council. Rebecca and the team agreed that this engine was the right choice, as NYC traffic negated the need for a lot of power, and that the car would still be fully capable in less dense traffic. A 6 speed automatic found its way in too.

The suspension components were revised too, for a much smoother, softer ride. The interior saw some improvements over the police variant. More comfortable seats, even for the driver, and more entertainment features too, like high quality speakers for great audio.

Development finished in just a few months, and there were a handful of them ready to be presented to the City Council for consideration…

6 Likes

I’m a bit confused on one aspect, are DCTs allowed or not? The OP said “although DCT transmissions are not allowed”, so I wasn’t sure if the “not” was a typo.

Oh my, so sorry, it was a typo. Thank you for pointing it out!

2 Likes

2018 Mara Kavaler Droshky Spetsialny

Your efficient solution for reliable passenger rides

We proudly present our Kavaler 2018 taxi special edition for your consideration. Generous passenger and boot space, high reliability, and low purchasing, service and fuel costs will allow you to run an effective and efficient taxi service.

The Kavaler in service waiting for passengers in front of the Lenagrad train station.

With the all-new Efektyv 2.0 I4 engine, this version of the 3rd generation Kavaler sedan even meets the standards of your initial brief of 40mpg, and thus will contribute to your sustainability efforts as well. It runs on Regular fuel, so it saves cost as well as the environment.

The driver can enjoy the comforts of an advanced automatic gearbox and, new for the 2018 version, electronic stability control. Based on our 50-year experience of supplying taxi fleets in our home country, the interior is engineered with rugged passenger seating that is durable as well as quick and easy to clean. The traditional front engine RWD layout will contribute to equal tyre wear at the front and rear and thus reduce the need to swap tyres around.

In early 2019, we were awarded a five-year contract for the Lenagrad taxi fleet (see picture above), so we invite you to contact their council about their experiences with the Kavaler in service.

We are looking forward to entering negotiations with you!

2 Likes

Could you send me the workshop link? I don’t know where to find them.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1896274038&searchtext=

Community Rims Pack 3

yellow
JVC manta
a higher end taxi for nyc

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 DAYS LEFT TO SEND IN ENTRIES

ALSO A REMINDER TO SOME WHO SEND IN AN AD BUT NOT THE FILE YOU MUST SEND THE FILE VIA PM ON THE FORUMS

taxicar

Oh look, it has a stock variant too.

6 Likes

Is that a Toyota C-HR?

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Washington W6L 25T Taxi

The last American-branded, American-made full size sedan, with great taxi potential due to its roomy backseat and large cargo area, as well as an ecological 2.5 liter turbo 4 cylinder engine (though higher trims can be had with a turbo 6 cylinder).

10 Likes

The Lombaxo Meerkat
A taxi cab designed for the streets of any city. With its best in class cargo space it is sure to be able to fit any amount of luggage and its plug in hybrid capabilities make it quite friendly to the environment. It’s V6 engine drives the front wheels while a 230kw electric motor drives the rear wheels allowing the car to have better fuel efficiency by being able to get moving without the engine. Already quite popular as a taxi in Chicago. Also available as a sedan.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Which rear suspension’s good for an traditional FWD sedan/MPV with awd option.

I’d say double wishbone or semi-trailing arm for such cases. Mutlilink is kinda too expensive for this.

The all-new 2020 Hakumai Furcio SE Businessman.
You’re made sure to get places, safely and reliably. This vehicle holds 7 people very comfortably and it’s not as loud as the competition. Cheaper than the competition, and more importantly it has a very fuel efficent 1.6L Turbocharged engine. It’s very fast in-case of those sticky situations. It comes with a very fancy 8-Speed automatic and very cheap steel wheels. If they break, they’re cheap to replace. We’ve added these wheels to harken back to the old Taxis.

It also has very modern styling. It’s pretty much enough to get you and those passengers out of that phone and admire the NYC roads and scenery. Customers have also bought the regular version.

(SE Businessman shown)

SE Professional.

SE Professional (Regular model too)

5 Likes