New mod from the Steam Workshop just will not work

For a few days now, I have been having a serious issue with a new mod that absolutely will not work with my copy of Automation, TheCarLover’s new '60s muscle car: Thecarlover’s mods - New police light fixtures!

I have tried multiple times to re-download the model, re-installed Automation at least twice, tried to modify permissions for the Steam folder(which may have been what gave me some weird LUA errors yesterday) and even re-installed Steam in a brand new directory(which was a huge pain in the butt, btw). And nothing I have ever tried has worked; in fact, I’ve checked the area where all installed mods go(as well as the Workshop folder, etc.), and the mod simply doesn’t show up anywhere, as if I had never downloaded at all-despite Steam itself saying I downloaded 1.2 MB worth of data.

Based on prior correspondence, it would appear that TheCarLover believes that the mod itself is fine, and perhaps it is, but if it’s not the mod itself, then what it is? Could Steam have an issue with it’s online database, perhaps?

Whatever the case, I’m finding myself running out of places to turn, and I hope somebody can help me find out what’s going on, because I’m just thoroughly baffled.

I’m no pro, but, try building with that body in 2020, no filters… just to be certain it’s not there

1 Like

I just tried that; sorry to say it didn’t work at all.

Honestly, it’s almost as if I had never gotten the mod in the first place; my latest attempt to download the mod was at 11:57 pm my time(U.S. Central), and yet, nothing in my GameData folder is any newer than 11:20 pm, when I re-installed Steam on my computer.

At this point, I am beginning to wonder if the mod may need to be re-uploaded: guess it’s time to go back to that thread again.

I think you may be the only person having issues with this mod. It’s fine in my, and many others, games.

I doubt it’s a mod issue. I know some people had some issues with the Fiesta Body + Taillights, and that was unique to them.

A work around could just be to use the Standalone files.

Just before I roll my eyes so hard I might hurt myself, DO EXACTLY as I’m going to tell you, in this order:

1.- Delete content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automation\GameData (all except Camso folder)
2.- Delete content in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Automation\Workshop (if any)
3.- Make sure you’re suscribed to the mod in question
4.- In steam, verify integrity of game files
5.- wait
6.- Re-check you’re suscribed to the mod. In any case, unsuscribe and suscribe again to the mod for good mesure.
7.- Launch the game
8.- ???
9.- PROFIT

EDIT: In case that doesn’t work, well, congratulations, your game is special!
What I would do next is, kindly and politely pm thecarlover and ask if he can share the file of the mod to install it manually.

On second thought, it you read my initial response, please disregard that: I just realized that I’d tried to install the standalone in the wrong place after all; this time, having found the correct directory, it worked perfectly. Thank you! :sunglasses:

1 Like

i tried your method and it workd

1 Like