New panel materials

That is not the type of partial plastic we were going for though; what you point out is pretty much standard for “steel cars” anyway and assumed to be what the current version of the game has already.

Oh right, does that mean the game changes the weight of vehicles by era to account for the different bumper/clip materials from steel bumpers to alloy ones and then polymer/plastic or is that more of an inherent part of the body itself?

I remember it being present in earlier Kee release builds. It was removed in an update, though.

As far as I remember, the fourth-gen F-bodies (Camaro/Firebird) had most of their body panels made from polymer plastics - so the option might be worth reintroducing in my opinion.

1 Like

Correct, weight progresses throughout the years and things all get heavier on average despite plastic. :stuck_out_tongue: It is not body dependent.

In game we will have SMC, which is the limited production version of the no mass production fiberglass. So there is a “plastic” in the game, the stuff the corvettes are made of. How that works with the UI exactly is still to be worked out though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe have the CRS option replaced by partial carbon ~2015, because I don’t see any stainless steel cars rolling around as of late.

Also Automation 2 ideas: choose the material of each individual panel just for bonus unnecessary complexity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

boom.

wut, putting panel material there makes no sense whatsoever.

EDIT: oh

just a joke about how i have 8 items in my safety tab lol

You get more weight from the interior and insulation than the body.