North American International Auto Show 2018

Holts 700GTR

Visit Holts Motor Company For Stats and Specs

6 Likes

2018 Petoskey Stag Big Chief

It is clear that the Stag is not the only pickup truck to appear in the show. However, the Big Chief makes a return as the ultimate in towing capability.

Powered by a now direct injection 595 cubic inch V10, the Stag Big Chief retains it’s ability to haul that enormous camper or boat. Mated to the engine is a six-speed Allison transmission not only delivering solid torque, but holding up strong no matter what you’re pulling.

Everyone remembers the publicity stunt in the 90’s when a Stag Big Chief ripped a telephone pole out of the ground. Our recent endeavor was to haul down a hundred year old redwood tree.

Unfortunately that was met with controversy, but proved an effective demonstration of the Stag’s towing power. Come on down and test drive a Big Chief today.

Estimated MSRP: $41,000.00

Petoskey: Simple Budget, Exquisite Taste.

5 Likes

Baltazar Automóveis at NAIAS 2018

Baltazar is proud to bring a new model to the Quark range.

2019 Quark GT

After the sucessful introduction of the 2018 Quark, Baltazar is proud to present the faster, sportier GT trim level.
The chassis and powertrain have been extensively revised, with 14 mm lower ride height, stiffer springs, dampers and anti-roll bars. The tyres are Michelin Sport Cups, which along with the new 18" wheels, help the car feel more precise and agile. The GT is the only Quark model that comes equipped with a a 4-cylinder engine, here a 200 hp 1.7 litre turbocharged unit.

All models come with a mechanical limited slip differential and buyers can choose between a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed DCT.

First deliveries will take place in March in Europe and April in the USA, with other markets following afterwards.

Prices start at $19,880 for the manual, with the DCT transmission costing $1,110 extra.

14 Likes

For the first time, Zenshi will make the Nimessa Touring wagon available to the US2019MY Market!

Like the sedan, the Nimessa Touring will have a 175 HP 2.0L Naturally Aspirated I4, with a planned 250 HP 2.0L Turbocharged I4. Unlike the sedan, however, the Touring will have the option to have an all-wheel drive system, known as SM-AWS.

And on the other side of the Nimessa family…

The Nimessa Newman R returns for the US2019 model year, but now comes in two flavours: Type-S, and Type-M.

The Type-S is the main Newman R like before, but the new Type-M gives the Nimessa Newman R a more “premiumized” look with a rear lip spoiler and deep-black coated wheels. The seats are given the leather treatment and are powered from the front row, with a memory feature for the driver’s side. Collision avoidance sensors come standard as well.

For this year, a new colour has been added to the list: Meteor Steel Pearl, which is available in both versions. Exterior-wise, the ground effects have been slightly reworked to improve airflow a slight bit, and vortex generators are now mounted on the roof. The most significant difference between the 2018 Newman R and the 2019 version is the brakes: The carbon ceramic brakes are now an option as part of the “Track Package Plus.” Instead, vented disc brakes take their place, resulting in less maintenance costs.

Many qualities and items regarding the Newman R have been adjusted to ensure for a satisfying drive and impression.

Expect the Nimessa Touring mid-February, and the upcoming Newman R twins to hit the showroom floors mid 2018.

9 Likes

Olympus Motor Group Omega Platform: Olympus Sagittarius/Orion Cerberus

I was thinking more like a cross between a Lexus LFA and Mercedes S55-AMG, with a little dodge Viper mixed in, but anyway… besides, I thought we were just doing teasers until the actual show started.

Sagittarus combines power with class; featuring a 5.0 liter, naturally aspirated V-10, and 7 speed double clutch transmission. 675 horses propel this luxuriously appointed chassis from 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. The interior features the most advanced infotainment and latest in custom controls.

Retailing from $75,000, the Sagittarius will feature an all electric model by 2020.

Cerberus on the other hand, cares not for class, but instead for raw power. Built lighter than its upmarket cousin, Cerberus features carbon fiber body panels and wheels. A turbo charged version of the 5.0 liter V-10, pushing 950 horses,paired with a more aggressively geared version of the 7 speed transmission, rocket this car to 60 mph in just 3 seconds (a whole second faster), and a top speed of 255 mph. Starting at only $30,000, there is no limit to the customization. An electric model is planned, but no date has been determined.

1 Like

Zasteros Finheit 2018

Yes, you have noticed that there some MINOR changes to the car (rims & headlights arrangement) but the small changes have added to a more beautiful car.

The Zasteros Finheit, already shown in production form, will be on sale in Late Februrary 2018 in a 3,000 car production Run.

It is a Grand Tourer with performance and luxury up to boot

Perfomance

The perfomance is given by 5.1L "TT10.52" Twin-Turbo V10 Direct Injected that gives out 600 hp @ 6900 RPM and 800 Nm @ 3600 RPM, redlining at 8000 RPM.

With the TT10.52 Engine on a Aluminium Chassis, Carbon Fibre Body will compensate for the heaviness of the equipments on the car and giving a fuel mileage of 42.2 MPG (UK)

Luxury

Now, this is where the fun begins! Getting inside, You will find yourself with a lot of gizmos to play with, mainly attracting to the “InfoTouch” System in the center. It is 2+2 Layout, so you can bring alot some friends of yours to join the tour around the world.

The car is moved 6 - Speed Sequential using Paddle Shifters in the Steering. Hydraulic Steering , TC + ABS , Airbags,Blind Spot Detection,Rear View Camera, and All the standard Safety Systems are standard in the Finheit.

Zasteros Finheit MY2018

First Production Day : Late Febuary 2018

Price: $42000

3 Likes

ACA Chevalier 2

For 50 years, the Chevalier has been one of the most iconic muscle cars ever to be produced. From the original 1968 Chevalier featuring in the action movie “The Vice” to the fearsome IMSA GTO 1996 Chevalier with its large 10L V10 engine, the Chevalier has made a name for itself as the “Original American Muscle”

So to celebrate its 50th birthday, our ACA racing division, Oval American Motorsports, decided to make a custom tune of out new Chevalier 2.

This custom OAM Tuned Chevalier 2 retains the same V10 as the standard Chevalier 2. However, the supercharger fitted to the standard model has been replaced with twin turbo chargers, allowing the 10L V10 to produce a whopping 1000hp. All this power of course is sent through a 7 speed DCT and an electronically controlled limited slip differential straight to the rear wheels.

Inside, all the unnecessary equipment has been removed or replaced. So no heated seats, and the standard infotainment has been replaced with a more basic version. The seats have also been replaced with Recaro bucket seats.

Only a limited number of these custom OAM tuned Chevaliers will be produced and will be sold for $84,800 in the US only.

13 Likes

It looks too outdated

It seems that a lot of companies are going hypercar crazy at the moment, what with all those turbo-nutter front-engined monsters being shown recently. In particular, I would like to see the OAM Chevalier 2 go wheel-to-wheel with the Fleming Brooklands on road and track. Both of them are so unhinged that only a fool would even consider driving them without adequate training!

The sport department of Deverre come back this year with the popular Fusion GTS (Grand Tourisme Sport), for the 1st time in the model history in North America.
The US version will have a sedan version only, Hatchback for Japan and both for Europe.

Intended for a public in search of thrills cheap, who wants a daily usable car, the Fusion GTS does not do more than 5.11 sec to go from 0 to 62mph, with a Vmax of 175 mph.

If the rear spoiler is too much for you, it’s not for the 363 hp and 372 Nm in the front wheels of this High speed car for dad in a hurry.
And all of this for 1.474 KG

Equiped with a 6 speeds manual Gearbox, you can shift gears until 8600 RPM, and enjoy the great sound of this sport car made with our 61 years of experience in motorsport and rally.

So, do not miss its release during the year 2018 !

7 Likes

Press Days - Part 2

It’s the last of the press days at Detroit, and the final day before the public get to wander around the halls and see what’s been revealed. In the mean time, there’s been some more announcements…

The new Bonham Fleming got its debut, and was followed up with a special version of the car. It’s been given the Brooklands treatment, courtesy of two wopping great turbos that manage to throw out 907 hp from its V12 engine, with a redline at 9000rpm. That’s darn impressive, and one can’t help but imagine what a sonorous noise it must make. And with a 0-60 time of 2.5 seconds, it’s also mighty quick. Two big thumbs up from S.A.C. for sure.

The new look RCM Prairie really is a looker. The facelift has done it well for sure, and its handsome new front end certainly gives the Adirondack some competition. More specs coming soon apparently, not that that matters, as I’ll still have no idea about how to judge a truck anyway.

Hot damn Holts, where the hell did this come from?. The 700GTR is striking, that’s for sure, and wonderfully aggresive. It’s turbocharged 3.5l V10 harks back to the engines of the late Group C era, while the styling is pure bedroom wall poster excellence. Who cares if its a nightmare to drive, this thing can happily get by on looks alone as far as I’m concerned.

Petoskey’s new Stag joins the brewing truck competition at NAIAS 2018. It can’t match the RCM, Monolith or Shromet for looks however, but the addition of direct injection on its infamous V10 engine is a nicve touch. You can believe them when they say it’ll deliver “solid torque”. Shame it doesn’t feel quite as 2018 as the others.

Baltazar gave us the new, sporty Quark GT. It’s more aggresive than some of its sporty supermini rivals, and with 200 hp to boot, it should be nippy too. Options include a DCT, which will certainly be useful for bragging about this car with your mates.

Zenshi introduced some more trims to the now very extensive Nimessa line, including a handsome Touring model which will be available with AWD. Significant updates have also been made to the Newman R, with the 2019 model splitting into two trims - the more traditional Type S and the more comfortable Type M - and a load of changes being made underneath, including removing the carbon ceramic brakes and making them options. We can expect (possibly) a test drive later on in the year.

Olympus fully unveiled the Sagittairous and Orion Ceberus performance cars, with details suggesting that the Sagittarius is a more rounded package - luxury options are mentioned - powered by a 5.0l V10 that produces a very satisfying 675 hp. I’m still not convinced by the looks at all, and it certainly doesn’t look luxurious from the outside even if it is gold. The Cerberus is apparently a 255 mph car that costs just $30k. How that’s a possible, I do not know, and considering it only has a big rear wing to keep you stable at that speed, it seems to be not so much a car that can do 255 but rather the only car you’ll ever do 255 mph before you crash in horrific fireball.

Zasteros fully released the Finheit GT Coupe, and at just $42k, it seems Zenshi have some competition on the affordability front against their GT. 600hp turbo chartged V10, 2+2 layout and lots of luxury features certainly make this seem like your standard GT coupe, though why they’re not charging more for it is unusual. Sales begin in Springtime, and I’d certainly be interested in driving it.

Celebrating 50 years of the Chevalier, OAM have given us a wonderful birthday present. A 1000 hp, weight-reduced, aero-packed specially tuned version, developed by the company’s ACA racing division. Strangely enough, it’s not that much more aggressive styling wise that the standard car. No words on whether not it’ll be able to go around a corner, but it’s American anyway. I wouldn’t expect it to do anything of the sort.

Deverre closed the show by introducing the new Fusion GTS to the US. Following the usual trend of ‘blue = performance’, the aggressive looking sports hatch is competitive against the current crop of hot hatches, even if the looks are quite divisive. I’m not decided on it, though they have lent me one to drive, a review of which will be coming soon.

In the mean time, I’ve been for a test drive in the new look Montes Urban…

Review: 2018 Montes Urban 2.0 Luxury 170

“One car to rule them all. No, seriously, this is the only car you’re allowed to have, and it has to have everything”

That does it for my coverage of Detroit 2018. We’ll have to wait until voting to see who wins the battle of the trucks and the battle of the GTs, which for me were the real competitions going on at the show. In the meantime, I’m off to find a bar…
- Gavin Anderson

OOC: @Awildgermanappears My bad, I just inferred it from the original advert. I thought it implied that you wouldn’t be introducing it and then you did, hence what I wrote. My apologies.

12 Likes

NOPE! Nope, nope, nope!

I feel like I actually have to stand in defense of Automationverse premium brands - as, AFAIK, Montes is meant to be one of them, IMO it should not be compared to likes of Baltazar, Adenine or Maesima as a direct competition, but rather Bonham, Pearlite (I’m not sure if it still can be considered existing) and Sachiuri - even with compact models. In the end IRL Merc A-class, BMW 1 and Audi A3 are usually considered a slightly different group than Golf, Auris and Civic. US Audi A3 sedan starts at 31 950 $, S3 is 43 650 $ and RS3 is 54 900 $ - and I think that MRP’s performance might actually be closer to the latter. So no, forget about it as a family hatchback, especially forget it being the first car for a family. Remember that it is a premium compact hatch. Therefore I don’t see anything really wrong with it’s price and level of equipment.

And a little note about the Berlose, as it was mentioned - if it costs about that, then it seems it is just a sleek and elegant, yet not very premium big sedan. US Toyota Avalon starts at 33 500 $, and would you consider that premium?

2 Likes

@szafirowy01 Fair, that’s my mistake for seeing Montes in the wrong way. And, with regards to the Berlose, that’s based on UK pricing too which isn’t comparable to US pricing. In that regard then, I took the wrong perspective with the review.

My point about 98 Ron fuel still stands though.

3 Likes

It does, as many others - I don’t mean to defend this exact car :wink:

2 Likes

Anyways…

Thank you for participating in the 2018 North American International Auto Show. We hope to see you at the next event.

Please do not unveil any more cars after this point. You may offer opinions and otherwise.

12 Likes

Hey, thanks for ruling my car that is cheaper, (theoretically) more fuel efficient, and faster (in top speed) than the Fleming Brooklands as “uninteresting” because Japan makes so many cars comparable to the SI-7. As if Europe doesn’t make enough sports cars. Also, the Zenshi GT.
Couldn’t you have just wrote “oh, the SI-7 is like a Zenshi GT but overpriced and too fast?”
I completely agree with the bloated comment, though.

I may just be shitting on a perfectly good review, so I’m sorry if I am. Otherwise I doubt I’ll ever contribute to any more car shows. Even if I did, I don’t have enough cool Photoshops to win the polls anyway.

Look here man I don’t think the people winning polls do it with the intent to win polls. That is not a recipe for success, rather a discouraging and harmful attitude - actually I know these people after talking to them individually and can say they do it for the fun and enjoyment, they are passionate about making and designing. They just wanna make something cool and show others what they had fun making. They do it for the heck of it. Making something under some self-imposed pressure to win is guaranteed to not take you anywhere.

This is just the reality of reviews, they are not like Wikipedia articles making objective, unbiased top-trumps comparisons between cars. Pick up any magazine in the last ten, hell, even twenty years and you’ll be hard pressed to find one that doesn’t swoon about the Golf, especially the GTi. Do you find that reviewers give smaller companies a harder time because bigger marques are better established? Well congratulations that’s exactly what they do, that’s all of history. Few people even to this day give credit to the Koreans like Kia or Hyundai who make cars that quantitatively match what the Germans make, it’s just the mentality that they’re the inferior underdogs that need to prove themselves which make them be so… forgotten. And in consequence these companies may have started off making properly crap cars but over time viewed the bias as a challenge and improved their stuff, now making some of the best looking, best handling, sporty, practical, and clever cars. Who woulda thunk it.

Anyway point is, there’s no need to get heated. Do they say your car is worse? Well fuck them, they’re wrong and you should show them that they are and remake it and remake it better than everything else. Whining about it won’t fix anything, it’s just dumping salt in the forums. No one likes or needs that. People do like it when you try to put in effort to improve. No one, not me, not Leo, not Zenshi started off making amazing cars from day 1 and even now not every car made is perfect. There’s no need to get all neurotic about it. Just keep at it.

11 Likes

Hey no reason to quit on the game because of this. Only person you’re hurting doing that is yourself and I saw more progress then most people get to on that game so keep it up.

5 Likes

It’s one review, you don’t know how many times I’ve been shit on :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Deus doesn’t mean harm with his review. First it’s just one opinion. Second being uninterested in a car doesn’t mean it’s bad. For example, I could care less about trucks but not all trucks are bad.

If you do leave too can I least get game updates somewhere else?

Seriously, just admit you overreacted, apologise for making a scene and keep on contributing to the forum… Going off in a huff makes you look silly and time heals all wounds.

I made a bell-end of myself a couple of times when I first joined the forum but I settled down, settled in and I try to contribute when and wherever I can.

Just keep trying to improve and you’ll be the better for it, give up and you’ll only confirm to everyone else their negative opinion of you! :exploding_head:

Just always remember this one simple truth:

Buy better, buy Bogliq!!! :crazy_face:

7 Likes