Not getting updates + Script errors when loading the game launcher [Solved]

Hi, everytime I try to load the game via the Automation game launcher, I get 3 script errors (see screenshot below) .
Also, I am stuck on I think the version after the “(B171101 -04 -06 -07) Favorites, Fixtures, Improvements” update (7/11/17) of the UE4 Beta and I’m unable to get or play the new updates. The script errors appear to have coincided with the halt of updates, and they display everytime I try to navigate to the ‘product update’ tab (as well as others) in steam in the launcher. I was wondering if anyone was experiencing similar problems and if so, knew how to fix them and get the latest updates? I am on windows 10 running the latest version of Dx.

!

Second error

The script errors are errors of the webpage that is displayed on the launcher and they have no effect on the game :slight_smile:

What I would do, is I’ll go to where the game is installed (go to steam, right click on automation, properties, local files and then browse to local files, by default is C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common) and delete the whole automation folder. Then, back to steam, under local files again, choose verify content (or something like that) and It’ll force automation to re-download everything, basically re-installing it (without losing your cars or content). The subscribe again for the open beta, and voila it should be fix. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, although it turns out at some point I was opted out of the open beta for some reason (probably a glitch) and when I opted back in the updates started to download. But thanks anyway your advice prompted me to look under properties where I saw the ‘betas’ tab. :slight_smile:

4 Likes