Now I can't do anything!

I’ve been working with Automation since nearly the beginning. Today, I started the program and have lost all of my sandbox cars that I just finished yesterday. Over 15 car model years. Anywho, I see that I no longer have the option to be on the beta ring. When I try to create a new model in the sandbox, I only have the option year 2016, and no models show.

Please help and thanks!

Monarch

That’d be because the game had a massive update today, which has been foreshadowed in a number of places (though I just noticed, there hasn’t been a news post on this forum since last year…)

Note that if you have a lot of mods from the previous version, somewhere along the line something is likely to become corrupt (my install has also just died). This normally requires simply finding the non-working mods and deactivating those (there’s a list in another thread in this channel). However to be safe I’m just going to clean install the lot because as someone who’s been playing this for five years there’ve been at least four file-breaking updates and I’ve gotten quite used to building all my models from scratch lol

edit: this will likely be more useful to those of you who don’t like flushing everything

2 Likes

Thanks friend. I’ll try again. Cheers!

I just tried that out with an old database from 2017 and it did exactly what you said it would, but as soon as you exit sandbox and reenter it, all cars appeared and the game behaved normally from there. It has to do with the conversion of the database and it needs two starts of the sandbox to be ready to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much. All is well, again!

I tried exiting out and re-entering, but alas I am still having the same issue. I have not been able to play since over a year ago. I have tried reinstalling everything, deleting appdata local, reinstalling directx and visual c++, deleting my save files, what was said in the corrupted file post above. I’m stuck!

As stated above, I enter sandbox and am stuck in 2016 with no options to select and type of body, they do not show up at all.

We’ll need your game log to look into what’s going on there. Just post it here (as a file) if you can! Usually it is the savefiles causing this, it has nothing to do with drivers or DX, as you’re already in game and it runs.

1 Like

So, I cannot actually find my game log. There is no automation folder within any of my drives in documents.

I was reading from older support threads that you can change your save file location from the launcher, but that does not seem to be an option anymore.

The only other problem is I recently had to remove a hard drive that had the save files to the game. That drive is not available anymore. Maybe it has something to do with that?

To anybody having this issue: Move the location of documents back to its default! In my case I had to move documents back from E:/Documents to C:/Users/NAME/Documents!

Sorry for the trouble!

Ahh, glad you figured that out :slight_smile: I’ll keep it in mind if someone encounters a similar issue.
Cheers!