[OBSOLETE] old Hypera thread - two cars and some shitposting :P

so uhh, just found this, you do tuning, if i understand, right?

That’s what you get for chosing a tiny engine. I run 0.7 bar :smiley:

I’m really not a fan of maxing turbos. The lag severely outweighs any potential power and/or torque increase. 0.7bar is basically the butter-zone for any turbo builds I make for fun.

Yeah, and at that boost even the biggest engines still run at their most efficient, or close to it. My Eau Rouge can actually run sub 10 liter / 100 km if I were not to decide on no VVL to save weight. And it’s a 7+ liter

Indeed. Changing sizes of individual turbos would be ideal.

Sometimes I don’t even use any boost. #natural4lyf

I get a small power and torque increase when I switch to GEIC- I mean turbo.

@Fayeding_Spray Yup, you understand right. Hypera tunes other companies’ cars as well as makes our own models. So we might not be willing to tune our direct competitor (or direct competitor for company we are united with), but that’s the only limitation :slight_smile:

@squidhead @OfficialWolfexWorks I know, and maybe I could get a bit better effects from bigger engine with less boost (who says I won’t - hint hint), but that crazy boost adds some insanity (which is good, in this case) and fits in the lore of Hypera being turbo maniacs :wink:

The only reason to go full turbo, and no engine is the weight and if you’re limited in your displacement for some reason IMO

Yeah. And lightness was partially the case here. But main reason was that Niddhogg was meant to be fast AND insane :wink:

I like this version of the Niddhogg. It’s like the Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo. What you can do is create the equivalent of the regular Saleen, an N/A (which in the case of the S7 was less powerful)

N/A? For Hypera it means “incomplete” :smile: So at least a tiny turbo, and a bit of boost. But as I’ve written, there will be two more variants, slightly less extreme.

1 Like

Thats what I get for being the only guy with a V12 :smile:

But 81 smoothness and max boost at 5000 RPM FTW

1 Like

Would Hypera consider working with DSD on a version of our DSD6?

Of course, just PM for details :slight_smile:

Man, you da real MVP.

I LOVE IT !

The rear lights and exhausts are perfect.
Hope you release something soon.

Hello everyone :smiley:

Do you know what happens when a company that makes crazy sports cars… asks Hypera to help them design their one-off fun/show car?

#Cadence Maxi GT Hypera
…happens. It seems that tuning hyper-hatches becomes our specialty.

Remember that orange, super fast and mysterious thing that we tuned earlier this year? Well, even if you don’t, Rori O’Malley (Cadence Engineering CEO) does. Soon after the unveiling of that nobody-know-what’s-this very hot hatch she sent an email to Hypera’s office with a proposition we just couldn’t refuse - she wanted to make Cadence’s new project lighter, more powerful (with use of turbos, of course) and overall faster. That’s exactly what we at Hypera love to do, and that’s exactly what we’ve done.

There were two main targets to achieve - squeezing over 250hp out of Maxi’s 1.2 V6 and making it lighter than 800kg. The task was not easy because the car was already quite stripped and made fully of carbon - so we couldn’t just mount some lightweight body panels. But we succeeded, even with an AWD system and a DCT inside Maxi GT weighs only 790kg.

Small engine mounted in the middle got a twin turbo system with air to air intercooler which bumped it’s power to 257hp. This, lightweight construction and a few tweaks to suspension and aerodynamics enabled this little piece of crazy fun to reach that level of performance:

• 232km/h top speed
  • 3.1s 0-100 time
  • braking from 100 to 0 in 28.3 metres
  • quarter mile in 11.46s
  • Nurburgring in 8:00.27
  • TG track in 1:16.47

The only car remains property of Cadence Engineering and is used by them during various shows or other events, and thus does not have any sticker price and is not for sale. But Cadence also have whole documentation and project of the car, so we cannot say whether there will be more of them, or that one example will remain also the only one :slight_smile:

Sorry @Fayeding_Spray for such looong wait. I’m a lazy one.
######Rumours: there are more Niddhoggs incoming. Track restoration is going at a good pace. Two important cars from Hypera’s history to be shown.

3 Likes

#soon #MoarRagnarok #HyperaTrack #40thAnniversary

Image courtesy of @ramthecowy

6 Likes