Omni Motor Cars

Omni Motor Cars (a.k.a Omni) is a Japanese car company that makes compact and sporty vehicles that are mostly inspired by Nissan, Subaru, and Toyota. The earliest model started production in 1982. Here is a list of models with images:

1985 Omni Sprite

1982 Omni Entrega Turbo

2018 Omni Caldo Turbo

1997 Omni Lujo

2005 Omni Ennui SE V6

2019 Omni Ennui Sport

1998 Omni Wellington Base

1998 Omni Wellington SportWagon AWD

Tips on improving car design and constructive criticism is welcome.

3 Likes

Looking at these, I would say that a bit more work and refinement could go along way here. I would say your best out of the vehicles shown would be the Wellington SportWagon AWD. Though I would say its a bit too plain for my tastes. The Ennui sport is okay, but the rear end brings it down. The Ennui SE reminds me of the front of the Holden Commodore(which looks good generally, but that is again offset by the rear(which lacks any character to me).

The Lujo was meant to be like a S13 Silvia/240sx couple, but the front is rather half good and half bad. If you changed the position of the indicators, removed the scoop, and fixed the lip, it would look fine. Theres good ideas here, but its mired by some bad choices.

the Caldo turbo is probably the one that I personally dislike. It really looks like one of those bad ricer cars with a terrible body kit and strange color selection. Although, if the idea was to make a bad ricer body on purpose to make fun of ricers, than I absolutely applaud you.

the Entrega is alright, it fits the era well(though the front is bit off to me). It could use some more refinement. I would suggest that you do a second pass, look at cars of the era and try to do better.

Lastly is the sprite. its a Eclipse/Eagle Talon clone basically. You nailed that design, though the front end could be changed up(the middle grill is like from a bad body kit to me, if you changed that it would be perfectly fine). This one pretty good other than the front detail.

Keep on trying, practice makes perfect.

Thank you for the input! I’ll try to change some things about these cars to make them better.

The Wellington looks decent enough from the front, but the rear-end styling of the sedan should be less bland and more consistent with that of the wagon.