Once More (Unto the Breach) [FINAL RESULTS]

Meanwhile at Team Gizzle

After a lof of insults and discussing, Zack and Jayson finally calmed down. Finding fitting tools was not difficult. Most of the time was spent assigning roles, on which they managed to agree on.

Z: I don’t know what annoys me more… sitting here for the next few hours fixing the car, or sitting here for the next few hours listening to you rapping.

J: [while lying under the car, searching for a source of the coolant leak] Fuck you! Get over here and explain why this cross-headed screwdriver wouldn’t fit in this slit-headed bolt.

Z: Hey Pussy! You’re not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, right?

J: …

Z: [angry; throwing some tools into a corner] Just because of this shitbox i cannot have some fun with that girl from the gas station.

J: [rapping] YO chill out bro is just a random hoe, we are the biggest fuckers in the world the biggest pimps not like small fishs more like shrimps. Expensive sea food. Yeah …

Z: Does ANYTHING make at least SOME sense in your life?

random mechanic: Hey! You have to behave yourselves or else my boss will kick your sorry asses outta here.

J: …
Z: …

to be continued

5 Likes

TGGBA: Shitbox Crusaders: Part IV I suppose

The van continues steadily trundling past.

EMILY: “…So, you prefer waifus?”

YURI: “Sometimes? This is awkward! I need to stop speaking of this subject!”

EMILY: “I guess we could talk about the 1980s aesthetics, with the grids?”

YURI: “Maybe…”

EMILY: “Oh, there’s a Module UR-15 overtaking us.”

YURI: “That is a very nice car.”

EMILY: “Me and Haruki have one. It’s gorgeous. And fast. And fun.”

YURI: “So… nothing like me then.”

EMILY: “Yuri, you look beautiful.”

YURI: “Thanks… I suppose.”

Meanwhile in the front row…

DAVID: “I might see if anyone else is nearby. I swear I saw that rusty SUV a few minutes ago, looked to be the same one we saw at the start.”

HARUKI: “Go on.”

DAVID on CB: “Tojaro Poojoe, does anyone copy?”

(@yangx2 is within CB range, a CB interaction can be made.)

Yes - Roundabout plays…
TO BE CONTINUED.

3 Likes

Team Wang Lao Ji - Fri 4-6 PM

As the decrepit HAC pulls into a Spokane Mobil, Anderson wakes up. Jackie was already inside the Seven-Eleven at the station.

H: Finally you’re awake, sleeping on the job…
A: You don’t need me for anything yet… is that A-Lin playing on the aux? Never knew you were into her
H (annoyed): She’s great, don’t knock on her aye.
A: Jolin Tsai a fine one though
H: Lexie Liu over that shit

The gas pump stopped. The bill read $30 which Harry ignored entirely. Both Harry and Anderson let out a yawn. They were quite tired by now, and the drab landscape of Spokane didn’t help much either.

A: All these damn buildings are sandstone… so boring.
H: Okay, engineer

Jackie then walked out of the convenience store with a bag of Cheetos and condoms.

H: The fuck did you buy condoms for?
J: Y-you said for me to get laid on this trip. Right?

Harry wanted to continue speaking, but the looks of everyone at the gas station left him restrained. He instead, let out a deep sigh.

H: Whatever.

4 Likes

Team “Buy Skyrim”

Meanwhile, the team has found a small eatery, which sells traditional German and also Central European food. They sat down on a table and Nathan ordered several bottles of beer in the scene.

VINCENT: These pork ribs taste a bit…oily. Do the Germans really do that? I went to Germany before, BTW. I don’t think they…

NAOMI: It’s okay, darling. Just eat it. We haven’t been eating anything proper since like, 2 days. Let us enjoy our food shall we?

Nathan suddenly took a beer, drank it and started moaning about The Elder Scrolls for some reason. He looks drunk, probably because he drank a lot of beer.

NATHAN: Dude. Skyrim is just a puddle compared to the classic that is Morrowind. You can get lost and have the fun you won’t intend to know in Morrowind. Trying to do that in Skyrim? Nah. Tough luck.

NAOMI: Uncle, It’s not the time for which TES game is better anyway. You’re drunk, by the way.

NATHAN: I ain’t drunk! Erm…Naomi, I want to tell you…your parents are di…

VINCENT: Dude, stop saying shit, I’ll take you to the car. Naomi, take him to the back seat, and I think I’ll drive.

NATHAN: Fucking Todd dumbing down my Elder Scrolls…

Naomi took Nathan to the car, and they continued the journey later on.

NAOMI: yawns I need to sleep.

4 Likes

James is driving, Charles is in the passenger seat, and Nathan is somewhere in the far back…

Nathan: The best way to leave the gas station is with style! …Driver please?
James: Oh, you’re getting it today…

They drive peacefully out of the gas station to get on the highway. When they get just onto the on-ramp James stops the car, with quizzical glances from Nathan and Charles, and gives a wink to Charles.
James then proceeds to brake stand the limo in first gear, creating a small but steady pouring of smoke from the rear tires, then hits second as he eases off the brakes. Outside observers get to see an old rusty limo pouring smoke from the rear tires as it accelerates on the on-ramp getting up to speed to merge. And it is quite the spectacle with the V8 roaring and the whole car going slightly sideways before James corrects it and zips into traffic.

A few minutes prior
Nathan: So where are we meeting them?
Charles: We’be meetin greasy lightning at Casagranda’s Steakhouse
Nathan: Ah, good, cuz I’m getting hungry. So driver [referring to James], gonna take me in style?
James: Oh, you are really pushing the VIP treatment now, since I’ve finally been driving my birthday gift.
Charles: We gonna get a hotel tonights? Ma back’s a acken!
James: Yes, yes, in Sheridan, Wyoming.
Nathan: Ah, good. My accommodations are all in order. What a fine chauffeur I have. Maybe he’ll even open the mysterious package we received on my behalf…
James sternly: We are not touching that package! That’s a rule.
Nathan: …I still think its a pie.

3 Likes

Previous time block

Friday, 8PM - 10PM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading on the vehicle’s fuel gauge.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Weather Condition: Current weather condition at the end of the time block.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

VicVictory:
BD: 75 mi OD: 598 mi FS: FULL MRL: +3 FTG: +0
Last Town: Butte, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairgrounds
Weather Condition: 84 degrees, mostly cloudy
Notes: Vehicle has passed through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team has refueled in Butte, MT. Team has stopped for dinner at Casagranda’s Steakhouse in Butte, MT. They are headed back to the freeway at the end of the time block.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 162 mi OD: 560 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Last Town: Deer Lodge, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairgrounds
Weather Condition: 74 degrees, thunderstorm
Notes: INCIDENT: at the end of the time block, this vehicle loses control in the thunderstorm and skids off the road. They do not hit anything, however there is potential wheel and suspension damage.

@Fayeding_Spray:

BD: 52 mi OD: 576 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: -4 FTG: +6
Weather Condition: 78 degrees, raining
Notes: Team has passed through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT.
CRITICAL FAILURE: Clutch has failed catastrophically.
FINAL MORALE/FATIGUE: (-3/+24) (Cranky and tired)

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 168 mi OD: 664 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Weather Condition: 85 degrees, mostly cloudy
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass. SES light has turned on. Team is currently climbing Bozeman Pass. Team is feeling a bit tired.
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 159 mi OD: 644 mi FS: FULL MRL: -2 FTG: +6
Last Town: Butte, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Notes: Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass. INCIDENT: Team has been pulled over and cited for speeding by a Montana Highway Patrol trooper. They are back on the road before the end of the time block. Team is feeling a little bit tired.
Ongoing issue: Car is making a grinding noise when turning right.

@Madrias:
BD: 156 mi OD: 636 mi FS: 1/4- MRL: +0 FTG: +3
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass.
Ongoing issue: Rattling noise in engine.

@yangx2:
BD: 148 mi OD: 571 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@mart1n2005:
BD: 139 mi OD: 499 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +5
Last Town: Missoula, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 85 degrees, dark clouds ahead
Notes: Waypoint complete: Lookout Pass. Car has passed into the Mountain Time Zone (ET-2). Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. Team has refueled in Missoula, MT.
Ongoing issue: Jury-rigged RR suspension mount. Unknown how long it will hold.

@Kubboz:

BD: 153 mi OD: 568 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: -6 FTG: +5
Last Town: Drummond, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 76 degrees, thunderstorm
Notes: Team has refueled in Three Forks, MT.
CRITICAL FAILURE: At the end of the time block, during a thunderstorm between Drummond and Deer Lodge, team begins to hydroplane due to car’s terrible handling. They slow down but are unable to completely correct, pitching into the median and rolling twice. Both occupants suffer minor injuries.
FINAL MORALE/FATIGUE: (-5/+10) (Ouch, that hurt)

@Mikonp7:
BD: 0 mi OD: 352 mi FS: FULL MRL: +2 FTG: -3
Last Town: Kellogg, ID Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 80 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team is resting/napping this entire time block.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 163 mi OD: 564 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Weather Condition: 76 degrees, thunderstorm
Notes: Team is currently passing through a thunderstorm.

@Xepy:
BD: 109 mi OD: 545 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: -2 FTG: +8
Weather Condition: 78 degrees, thunderstorm
Notes: INCIDENT: Cooling hose burst just east of Missoula, MT. Team has replaced from spares, and used spare coolant. INCIDENT: Team is having difficulty controlling vehicle during thunderstorm and has been slowed dramatically. Team is feeling a bit tired.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 157 mi OD: 637 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Last Town: Butte, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 80 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass. ISSUE: transmission starts slipping slightly going over Homestake Pass. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.
Ongoing issues: SES light is on

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 150 mi OD: 611 mi FS: FULL MRL: -1 FTG: +0
Last Town: St Regis, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 84 degrees, cloudy
Notes: INCIDENT: Driving through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT, team loses control and lightly taps a guard rail with the RF at speed. They bounced off and continued at speed. Damage: RF fender damage, RF door damage (difficult to open/close), possible tire/suspension damage. Team has refueled in Butte, MT. Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass. ISSUE: at end of time period, temperature gauge reading is climbing in an alarming manner
Ongoing issue: Slight hesitation at high speed. More pronounced now that the speed limit has increased. Team is feeling a bit tired.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 142 mi OD: 425 mi FS: 1/3+ MRL: +1 FTG: +5
Last Town: St Regis, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 82 degrees, mostly sunny
Notes: Waypoint complete: Lookout Pass. Car has passed into the Mountain Time Zone (EST-2)

@Mythrin:
BD: 159 mi OD: 595 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +8
Last Town: Deer Lodge, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 82 degrees, light rain
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team will refuel early in the next time block in Butte, MT. Team is starting to feel a bit tired.

@Ryan93:
BD: 0 mi OD: 283 mi FS: FULL MRL: -1 FTG: +10
Last Town: Spokane, WA Next Waypoint: Lookout Pass
Weather Condition: 81 degrees, sunny
Notes: Team is off the road performing a head gasket replacement. They will be off the road for several hours. Team is feeling tired, and will hit a hotel when their repair is done.

@abg7:
BD: 164 mi OD: 655 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Weather Condition: 82 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@Radster:
BD: 161 mi OD: 643 mi FS: 2/3+ MRL: -1 FTG: +10
Weather Condition: 82 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team has refueled in Butte, MT. Team has crossed the Continental Divide at Homestake Pass. Team is feeling tired.

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 155 mi OD: 554 mi FS: 1/3+ MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: Team has refueled in St Regis, MT. Team is currently driving through a thunderstorm, and is having some control difficulty. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@findRED19:
BD: 118 mi OD: 598 mi FS: FULL MRL: +3 FTG: -2
Weather Condition: 84 degrees, mostly cloudy
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team has refueled in Butte, MT. Team has stopped for dinner at Casagrande’s Steakhouse in Butte, MT. This will bleed into the next time period.

@Jaimz:
BD: 156 mi OD: 534 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Last Town: Clinton, MT Next Waypoint: Gallatin County Fairground
Weather Condition: 79 degrees, heavy rain
Notes: Team has disposed of deer carcass at the Quartz Flats rest area. Team anticipates a thunderstorm shortly.
Ongoing issues: Car has a squeak and slight lateral shift of the rear going over bigger bumps. Small crack in windshield.

@Caligo:
BD: 177 mi OD: 571 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +11
Weather Condition: 82 degrees, raining
Notes: Team has passed through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. ISSUE: There is a slight smell of fuel in the cab. Team is feeling tired.

@Aaron.W:
BD: 149 mi OD: 557 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +0 FTG: +7
Notes: Team has refueled in Missoula, MT. Team is currently driving through a thunderstorm (cooler temps + rain is a bit of a relief). Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.
Ongoing issue: AC compressor failure (irrepairable, comfort penalty)

@Keikyun:
BD: 154 mi OD: 574 mi FS: 1/4- MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Notes: Team has driven through a thunderstorm near Deer Lodge, MT. Team will be refueling near the beginning of next time block.

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:
598 mi - Torg, Keystone

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media are available.

Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks

Quartz Flats Rest Area, 8pm local time

“The hell do you make of this, Jim?” Wayne blurted as he scratched his head.

Jim finished slipping on the latex glove, knelt down, and gently lifted the leg of the deer carcass. “Don’t rightly know. I mean, it’s a white tail. But its an Idahoan, not a Northern.”

“Well just how the hell did it get out here?” Wayne pressed.

Jim shook his head. “I don’t know. I mean, it’s almost like it was carved up and dumped here. Smells of poachers, but why would they drag their waste all the way out here instead of dumping it where they butchered it?”

Wayne sniffed, and his lip curled in disgust. “We’re dealing with a psychopathic sicko, that’s what.”

Team Greasy Lightning

(Casagrande’s Steakhouse, Butte, MT)

Fuzz looked around the restaurant for the 10th time since they arrived. Jen rolled her eyes at him. “Will you quit it? They said they’d be here!”

“Yeah, I know. But they’re late,” he shot back.

“Only because you were playing leapfrog at warp speed with Team 49,” Rick muttered. He shook his head sadly. “Too bad about them. I was really looking forward to seeing their headlights behind us some more.”

Fuzz nodded in agreement. “Yeah, now I can’t punk them, either.” Both Jen and Rick glanced quizzically at him. “What? I brought a little something extra along just in case.”

Jen stammered for a moment. “You don’t mean… Project Brown? From our last trip?”

Fuzz chuckled. “Exactly that.”

A moment later, the waitress arrived with their food. A drunken ribeye for Fuzz, prime rib for Jen, and a petite fillet mignon for Rick. When the order was placed, it elicited a snicker and derogatory comment from Fuzz about Rick watching his figure. That, in turn, garnered a response from Jen in the form of stomping Fuzz’s foot under the table, as well as a rebuke from Rick about how his selection was both more sophisticated and expensive.

Rick paused for a moment, pondering whether it was right to dig in to food with the other half of the table empty, yet expected to show up.

Just at that moment, the trio from Pit Stop US arrived and took their seats opposite the Greasy Lightning crew.

“We were worried something had happened,” Jen chimed in. "We’re glad you’re here. Hope you don’t mind that we ordered already.

(@findRED19, your turn)

Most of you will have noticed a big jump in speeds after the cars reach Lookout Pass. This is because the speed limit is 10 MPH higher in Montana than WA or ID.

11 Likes

OOC.
SHIT. Thats a fuel leak.

1 Like

Team Tiger Trouble

Kaylie, Kayden, and Jaden left Jakers Bar and Grill hot on the tails of Team Trinity, the Sinistra’s wounded V8 rattling along behind them. Kaylie gripped the wheel, her teeth bared in concentration, looking like a feline (and female) version of Mad Max as she chased them.

Jaden shook his head and chuckled, before saying to Kayden, “The Huntress has found her prey.”

Kayden nodded, before grabbing Nova’s handheld. “Nova, what methods of communication are the teams using?”

Nova checked all available sources, before returning with, “I have discovered three main methods of communication. The first is physical, by showing up to the same location, whether planned or unplanned. The second is through the CB Radio, which I have been communicating with. The third is a social media page, locked down to contestants only.”

Kayden nodded, before saying, “I want access to that page, if possible.”

“Done. What screen would you like to read on?” Nova responded.

“Jaden, the big tablet. No, not yours, mine.” Kayden growled out. Jaden passed Kayden the nearly 18-inch tablet, then moved to read along with Kayden.

“Twin Suns, how do they read this?” Kayden growled out. “It’s like they write out everything the wrong way up the page.”

“The humans write English from left to right, and top to bottom. We write Tigrilan from left to right, and bottom to top. I can adjust this digital format to read in Tigrilan style, if you approve.”

“Do it, Nova, before I get a headache from trying to read like this.”

Jaden noticed Kayden’s look of discomfort as they approached Deer Lodge, MT, heading into the thunderstorm. While Kayden was busy with his reading tablet, and Kaylie was concentrating on driving, Jaden reached between the driver’s seat and the door, and pressed the window lock switch. “Kayden, the handheld, so I can keep up as well.” Jaden said, and tried to hide his smile as Kayden handed over Nova’s handheld unit.

Kaylie hit a relatively small bump, but it was just enough. Jaden got on the radio, asking,

(CB) “How are you liking this weather we are having? We are doing well en-” FFFRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRPPPP!

With the CB still transmitting, Kaylie yelled out, “Kayden! By the Twin Suns, that is horrible!” The sound of a window switch clicking could be heard clearly, and Kaylie growled out, “Why is this not working?” Nova responded with, “Because Jaden pushed the window lock switch.”

Despite the fouled air, Jaden was laughing quite hard, and in the process, unleashed his own cloud of gas, which prompted Kaylie to start pushing every button on the driver’s side door cluster. Eventually, she found the lock switch, and all four windows went down, despite the thunderstorm outside. Kayden, who had been getting a self-education on English swear words, growled out, “Fuck you, Jade.”

Only then did Jaden release the transmit button, and he followed it up with, “Nova, I know you record all audio transmissions. Post the audio on the Once More media page, in a format compatible with most of the devices used by our fellow competitors.”

“Uploading… Complete.”

Kayden shook his head, then said, “You know, Jade, she might actually kill you this time. You knew just how bad the gas would be, and you trapped her with it.”

“I doubt she would actually kill me. Wound me, maybe, but I am the older brother, it is my duty to bother both of you. I do not get many chances to annoy you, so annoying Kaylie is my best option.”

5 Likes

Team Harcourt-Entwhistle

Stage 4

Gran - So nobody saw you?

Spanners - No Mrs E.

Gran - Are you sure?

Spanners - Yes Mrs E.

Gran - Absolutel…

Spanners - YES MRS E! Nobody was around and I dumped it.

Gran - Jolly good. I’d hate to get into trouble for littering.

Mopey - Stop worrying Gran…it’s all good.

Gran - OK then we’ll carry on until 10pm and stop for the night. Have a bite to eat and get to bed.

Spanners - We’ll get up about 6. I’ll see if I can sort out the rear end abit while I eat breakfast and we can be on the road for 7.

Mopey - I can see lightning ahead of us.

Spanners - Yup, but we should stop before we hit it.

5 Likes

Team Rolling Star Update:

Zach: Just my luck, I’ve never driven anything like this and it starts pouring. It feels all skittish.

Marshall: Just take it easy and you’ll be fine.

Zach: I know, I’m just feeling uneasy from being up this high.

Marshall: Yeah, you are used to driving that little Toyota. But maybe we should take a short break to ease the old nerves.

Zach: I could really use that.

Marshall: Let’s grab a bite to eat. I’m feeling a bit starved anyway. I’m sure you are too.

2 Likes

The team finally gets to the steakhouse, and in celebration James whips the car around in a clean 90 degree drift into the side street before parking the limo in the lot.

James: Sorry we’re late. The storm slowed us down.
Nathan: He means to say he was having too much fun sliding across the road in the rain.
James and Charles chuckle.

They introduce themselves properly with names and hand shakes as the waitress took their drink orders.

Nathan: So, the big question… What do ya think is in the packages we got? I think it’s a pie.

(@VicVictory, back to you)

3 Likes

Important missing dialogue…

Team Harcourt-Entwhistle

Stage 4b

Car - Squeak, squeak, whine, squeak…

3 Likes

Team “Buy Skyrim”

Nothing major has happened, but since it’s pretty late and the guys are feeling tired they decided that they should stay in a home rented from Airbnb. Meanwhile Nathan is trying to fix the car’s wobbling suspension and SES light problem, but it was (temporarily fixed) after a while. Naomi and Vincent is having a romantic night together nearby. Todd Howard is not on scene.

2 Likes

Meanwhile at Team Gizzle

At some point in the afternoon, Team Gizzle manages to get the cylinder head off of their engine to get an overview on whatever they might discover below. Zack has calmed down and is fully focused on the work being done, whereas Jayson, as always, tries to be pack-leader.
Closing time is near for the repair shop they’re at and thus John, a muscular afroamerican mechanic is getting increasingly impatient and shows it.

John: Yo Mr. Handsome! Tell that Eminem-knockoff to shut the fuck up! I’ve got better things to do than watching you being unable to distinguish bolt types. I have a central-american girlfiend waiting at home.
Zack: Listen ub, big boy. I did not choose to tow this rat along and and the car being a shitbox isn’t my fault either. [points at Jayson] Do you really think i’d rather have oily fingers rather than having fun with the gas-station girl?
John: Wait… What? You mean Chloë? That little bitch is open for everyone… [smashes fist onto hood of unrelated car, then takes Zack by the collar] DON’T. TOUCH. HER.
Zack: [grinning; calm] No worries… i know it.
Jayson: Yo yo my favourite N-Word. Music’s connecing us, right? Le’ts battle for a bit yo yo.
John and Zack: [simoutaneously] SHUT UP!
Jayson: …
John: I see you have enough issues and worries already… [discreeting motioning to Jayson] But we should call it quits for now… I can show you a decent Motel. And maybe we can have a drink together. [patting Zack on the shoulder]

to be continued

6 Likes

RK Series Racing; Chapter V; close calls

With the team making good progress, and Redwood working well on his new job as a gearbox operator, the weather began to worsen. What started as a drizzle of rain soon changed into a full-on thunderstorm, quickly overwhelming the nearly-bald 175mm tyres of the Anhultz Dione. Limits were breached when evasive action had to be taken to avoid a slow-moving vehicle, sending the car into a spin.

Connor: “Weather conditions are worsening. And it will not get better in at least the next two hours.”
Tonsom: [already annoyed] “No shit sherlock…”

not even 20 seconds later

Tonsom + Redwood: “HOLY SHIIIIIII…”

The car swerves to the right to avoid a SLOW semi, sending the car sideways. The counter-steer was more potent than Connor anticipated, leading to the car spinning the other way yet still heading off the road onto the densely packed dirt supporting the road surface of the highway. Aftr a more or less graceful 360° spin, the car is slowed down significantly, but visually undamaged since they luckily did not collide with anyone or anything.

car rolls onto the hard sloulder, ever so slowly accelerating again to pre-accident speeds

Tonsom: “What. The. Fuck. HAPPENED?!?”
Connor: “I had to avoid a slow-moving vehicle. And Redwood: Third.”
Tonsom: [definitly angry] “Couldn’t y-”
Redwood: “Third.”
Tonsom: [trying to remain calm] “Couldn’t you have done so without spinning around like one of those fucking Beyblade things?”
Connor: “I’m sorry, but the rotation was unavoidable. Otherwise we would have rear-ended the aforementioned vehicle.”
Tonsom: “Ugh… At least we didn’t hit anything. Any damage to you or the car?”
Connor: “I have not recieved any additional damage. The car however has experience severe stress to suspension components and wheels during the off-road period of the rotation. Damage is possible, but comparatiely unlikely. I will watch the car’s handling and behavior to determine changes in suspension characteristics.”
Tonsom: “Whatever… At least nobody’s dead…”

Redwood sends a text message to @Mythrin’s team.

Tim Redwood's message

Hello there. Hope your car is holding up through the thunderstorm. We had minor issues due to bald tyres…
Wish Ya luck.
-Tim; RK Series Racing

@VicVictory If i want to temporarily change AF (in this case for the duration of the storm), does it count as two or one of our four available AF changes?

Also: Connor (current driver) is watching for unusual behavior in the car to have an idea on what (if anything) may be damaged or broken. -> info into DM pls

8 Likes

Team Wang Lao Ji - Fri 6-8P

The team stops at a ghost town in Idaho. They are all intrigued. Anderson takes a deep breath of the fresh air around them.

A: It’s an eerie town huh…
H (looking over a fence barricade): Shame we can’t explore it…
J: Good.

After a bit of wandering around and a few photos sent to WeChat, the team leave.

H: Where do you guys want to stop for dinner?
A: We have instant noodles in the back.
H: Right…

As Harry grabs the pack of instant noodles, he notices the box of condoms Jackie bought. While the two were in the front, he takes some tape and sticks it on the back of the spare tire, takes a single condom out and hangs it on the roof.

7 Likes

Maroon Marauders - Part 5

Mid-evening, Montana

As darkness fell, the Maroon Marauders continued to make steady progress eastwards, with no sign of any major issues, mechanical or otherwise, even as a thunderstorm raged above them. However, they remained as wary as they were before, knowing that any mistakes could well be punished severely. It was then that Denny asked Gary another question:

“I’ve picked up another rumor - this time two teams have just been eliminated, one for crashing out and another for a mechanical failure.”

Gary’s response was reassuring as it was blunt: “We haven’t had anything like that… yet. A few other teams, however, have had minor crashes; at this rate, they’ll eventually drop like flies, which means less opposition for us.”

Then Wanda piped in with a suggestion: “Why not take a rest stop in Bozeman, and refuel there as well? If we keep driving for too long, we might not be able to carry out our duties as effectively as we normally would.”

Gary accepted his wife’s offer. “Denny, we’ll make a rest stop tonight in Bozeman, as my wife suggested, but make sure to refuel before then.” Denny acknowledged the request in silence.

3 Likes

TEAM BAKEWELL BOXER

Part 2 : Texts and Thunder

Previous Part

the thundering and heavy raindrops had thinned now to a light pitter pattering on the glass, Mandy and Connor had heard news of multiple incidents and were thankful it wasn’t them

VMM VMM

Connors phone buzzed in centre console flashing a text from ‘Tim: Team RK (Anhultz)’

Hello there. Hope your car is holding up through the thunderstorm. We had minor issues due to bald tyres…
Wish Ya luck.
-Tim; RK Series Racing

Mandy : “who’s that then?”

Connor : “the other team from the restaurant, the one with the Anhultz … remember” Connor picked up his phone wiping the screen on his trousers and then read the message "sounds like they had a bit of a moment in the storm, bald tyres or somethin’ "

Mandy : “oh right the Redwood guys, as long as they’re alright, seemed nice enough guys to me though leaving that one guy in the car was a bit odd, even I’m not that bloody paranoid”

Connor raised his eyebrows at Mandy and sent a quick reply to Team RK

Heya Tim
Car doing alright so far touch wood, gonna refuel a bit early I think Mandy said so, hope nothing major went wrong with the car on your end
Good luck from Connor and Mandy :+1:

Connor : “sent!”

Mandy : “I know you sent it you said every sodding word as you typed them”

“yeah yeah I know I don’t do that”

Mandy raised her eyebrows and snapped back into driving mode

5 Likes

Ooc: reserving a spot here so I don’t forget to write something when I visit the forum before sleep

TEAM COYOTE JIM

Fatigue was starting to settle inside the Radster, with attention being harder and harder to pay to the road every passing second. Clutch Kick was once again behind the wheel.

CK: Right, we can’t keep this up. We need to go find somewhere to stay soon.

Coyote Jim nodded in agreement.

Coyote Jim: I reckon there’s gotta be something in a few miles. Let me just look up Google Maps…

Slowly getting more and more fatigued, the situation would get dangerous soon…will our heroes make it to somewhere safe to stay or will they succumb to tiredness?

5 Likes