Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

… CR… fuel mixture… ignition timing…

1 Like

No, I’m talking about the stock engine. We’re meant to remove all quality points from the stock car as well right?

I do not care how much slider use the stock engine endures, you’re not running stock form, so it does not matter

2 Likes

Okay, my bad. Clear now.

Also, somebody raid saminda and maesima for potential cars :smiley: , they’re pretty much the “JDM go-to” on the forums. I might do a drift version of the 2016 pre-restyle MRZ-3 though.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, should this turn out well and squidhead is ok with me adapting the rules we’re writing for future use, I’d like to run an “anything goes” drift Bonanza which would have very little grounding in reality and would allow people to drift trucks, minivans, utes etc. with no stock power limit, in the future.

probably as a prelude to the 2nd BSLL, whenever I get around to that.

4 Likes

it’s no use replying to him.

LOL oh yeah I forgot about the public hair scandal :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, I could be up for that. Not sure what Luke would turn up in, but… guaranteed he’d be there. Probably in something completely ridiculous.

But even for this one, I have a plan in the back of my mind for Luke’s drift car.

Just like life shit was temporary.

1 Like

T’is not the point. Drifting is already a no-limits bonanza with RWD SR20 swapped Toyota Yarissss and ting being real tings. The 0 quality sliders rules is what annoys me. Why bother modifying something (ahem any IMP product ever) when you have to “upgrade” it using worse quality parts?
@strop

tell that to squidhead, he’s gone all Formula Drift approved makes only on this which is fine by me, but later on I do plan to get totally ridiculous on it just like people dream of.

@Awildgermanappears Yeah hm. Our original rationale for this was that shit gets expensive to replace and you’ll be doing a lot of replacing. But I don’t know how that part would work. Squidy did tell me he’d leave it to me to work out the costings and all that, which means potentially I might be able to work out a more flexible solution involving an overall budget instead. We’re both too busy to make any more headway on this for at least another week but I’ll get back to you on that.

Maybe have a rule of you can only add x number of quality points to any parts of the stock car, unless the stock quality points exceed 7 or something like that. and have a cap of 7 quality points in any one part (unless the stock already exceeds that, then you could run what the stock already has)

1 Like

OR, we could just say “0 quality points” and not spend extra time calculating the exact number of points every contender has spent, and leave everybody in the same boat as if they all could just put +15 on everything.

Also, @strop PM incoming soon. I’m back and going forward with this very soon.

1 Like

I am opening this thing up. You may now start building cars. The rules have been posted.
Considering the fact that this is a long competition (I’m planning to draw this out longer than usual) You will have till about 15th of february to submit the cars.

2 Likes

Argh, can’t use the Azer :weary:

98 RON is the Super Unleaded, right? Sorry, I use the AKI scale, so I’m just asking for clarification.

98 RON is the 2nd best fuel available, the best being 100 RON

2 Likes

I’m thinking my car will look the most shocking in Arc Blue High Gloss.

(And no, that is not a hint at the car I’m using. If you think it is, you’re wrong.)

1 Like

I don’t even know which car I’m going to use for this.