Portland International Speedway

Portland International Raceway is in Portland, Oregon. It is part of the Delta Park complex, just south of the Columbia River. It lies west of a light rail station. The track hosts ICSCC and SCCA and OMRRA road racing, the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West, and SCCA autocross events. Additionally, the PIR grounds are host to OBRA (Oregon Bicycle Racing Association) bicycling races on the track and the surrounding grounds. The facility includes a dragstrip and a motocross track. The road course is almost perfectly flat and runs clockwise.

PIR is built on the former location of Vanport, Oregon, which was destroyed on Memorial Day, in 1948, when a dike on the Columbia River broke and flooded the city. After the flood, all that remained were the paved streets and concrete foundations of destroyed buildings. The first races took place on these old city streets in 1961 during the Portland Rose Festival. Since then, the Rose Cup has become an annual event. Racing at “West Delta Park”, as PIR was known back then, was quite dangerous. Racers leaving the track unexpectedly could collide with leftover concrete foundations or fall into ponds. Due to the deteriorating roads and dangerous obstacles, the track was finally paved in the 1970s.

It was also well known for the Grand Prix of Portland, a CART World Series race.

Background track graphic from Wikimedia.

== Changelog ==
v1 Track created. Sportiness, elevation, length (within 0.6 metres!) all accurate.

== Download ==
Portland International Raceway v1.zip

1 Like

Amazing job on this one, I took my Leviathan GT3 around here, got a 1:22, which was a few seconds from the GT3 lap record of 1:19. I’ve been to this track a few times, that back strait seems to go on forever, especially when you’re on foot for the annual swap meet.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the support! I have to say, this was one of the best done tracks I’ve ever managed. The racing lines and angles and lengths and everything, it’s on point here. :smile:

1 Like