Prototypes and race cars/engines

I think it would be cool to have a checkbox with somethink like: “Build prototype” when building a new car or engine… For engines it would make all parts 25-35 % stronger (higher torque/RPM limits) but also way more expensive and of course disable mass production. For cars it would make the engine bay bigger (maybe also 25-35% more space) and the whole car/body a little bit lighter… This would allow us to build race cars and use really big engines (21.7L v16 ^^) just for fun (and exporting to beamNG drive). I think/hope this could be added without too much effort…

Alternatively it could unlock a higher qualtiy settings for engines, for example a maximum of +30 instead of +15

Edit: I’m talking about an option way stronger than the quality setting, maybe “overpowered” and unbalanced,
with the purpose of giving us a way to test out ideas or build race cars for beamNG… this could also be limited to sandbox only so it doesn’t mess with the balance in career mode

Making parts stronger and more expensive is literally what quality sliders do though.

2 Likes

Every quality points adds 2 years of development I believe, so +30 quality is a technology that took 60 years to develop…

It’s definitely not that linear. I have an engine with +3 in one part that would take 15 months to develop. The whole engine, that is.

1 Like

Expensive race engines with better materials: quality slider (It don’t work well in campaing as “race car engine”, but it sure does in the sandbox and BeamNG). You can’t make crazy engines like F1 ones reving to 20k rpm, but you sure can have a lot of fun.

Lighter car: the devs just need to add a “race car interior” option and other options that saves weight.