QFC42 - Retirement plan [Final Results Posted]

So, is anyone willing to collaborate? I got an SUV ready for some tuning

I agree with Texaslav on this one, because of the technical difficulties.

Any chance we could get a techpool raise to somewhere like +7 or +8 overall? I know this is QFC, but designing a 2020-spec car on that tech base feels really weird. and it’ll still be tough to squeeze in a V12, lux, ind etc unless you skimp on quality tremendously. If you want to you can lower the budget, but for God’s sake designing with +5 overall doesn’t feel right anymore

4 Likes

I agree, +5 techpool for 2020s seem weird, a good option would be a low max techpool $ amount (engine + trim combined)

2 Likes

To add on to that: I just made a mule. A light truck entry with a solid axle, specced reasonably (six-seat prem/prem interior, SOHC V8, 2WD, 9AT, decent amounts of quality) already takes $35k at this techpool level.

I am fine with the budget… snickers

5 Likes

I can if I have the time, but can’t promise. Send me what you have so far and I’ll see if I can improve it.

Made a few updates to the brief.

I understand the feeling, I need to think about this more, so I will need a bit longer to decide.

It is still a QFC, but this type of vehicle and how automation works does not mesh really. I would like to avoid an actual V12 Luxury SUV with indep all around. You need to compromise. Also I do not know if any QFC ever used non default +5 TP.

2 Likes

I did deviate from the default TP settings for some of the QFCs I hosted (most notably QFC19), but not all of them. In fact, a mandatory +5 TP setting across the board is pretty much the rule throughout much of QFC’s history, rather than the exception.

If this was any other challenge than QFC, I’d say you could change them. That being said, this is meant to be a quick challenge for everyone, not having to put thought into what techpool should go where and just leaving it as default is one less complication.

4 Likes

Expect the TP to stay the same, but there will be a budget increase and slight priority adjustments later today, but that should be the last change before the subs open.

Should be the last big update now. I will wait about 12 hours before I start subs to get any last minute feedback.

!! Important change !! Max Budget is now 37,000 AMU! Go crazy. No changes to TP.

A few priorities were swapped as well.

2024 Fujimi Roamer Campo

The ultimate in utility, practicality and reliability, the new Roamer Campo is the entry-level member of the Roamer family. Available in Urban Line and Trailmaster configurations, for those that want a more practical everyday vehicle or those that prefer a hardcore offroader. Either way, it sports adjustable air suspension, hydraulically-disconnecting swaybars, a two-speed transfer case and locking differentials. A folding and removeable third row, as well as a hidden trailer hitch ensure its usefulness for those that want to take advantage of its cargo and towing capacities.

12 Likes

2023 Voltari Spår Prestige 3.0d

Lore

First revealed in 2020, the third generation Spår sees a heavy mid-cycle refresh, bringing it line with other Voltari models across the lineup, and adding minor mechanical changes to improve drivability, performance and comfort. The model shown here is a US/Canadian-specification Prestige 3.0D, which adds 22-inch wheels, grey cladding and trim, a trim-exclusive grille pattern, a more rugged rear diffuser, and dual exhausts. Prestige trim Spårs come very well equipped, with 5-position cockpit-adjustable air springs and magnetorheological dampers, Active Matrix LED head and taillights, a power liftgate with gesture control, intrusion detection and the ability to hold its position, power folding third row seats (on 5 + 2 models), 16-way adjustable heated and ventilated front seats, heated second row outboard seats, 3 person memory and massage on the front seats, a heated steering wheel, four-zone automatic climate control, a cabin atomizer, a digital rearview mirror with Homelink integration and an integrated compass, a surround-view camera system with guidance lines, a 12.3 inch reconfigurable OLED digital gauge cluster, a 12.3-inch LCD center display with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, front and rear automatic emergency braking, Voltari ActiveCruise LIDAR-based adaptive cruise control, front and rear ultrasonic parking sensors, blind spot monitoring with active lane drift warning and assist, automatic lane recentering, Intelligent Access with walk-away lock/unlock, phone-as-a-key with ultrawideband support, and more. The Spår is powered by a multitude of available powertrains, but the Prestige 3.0d shown here is powered by our 3.0L direct-injected and turbodiesel V6, producing 250 horsepower and 404lb-ft of torque, mated to an 8-speed automatic, routing power to all four wheels via our standard torque-vectoring AWD with a mechanical limited slip differential. As shown, this Spår Prestige is painted in Blue Steel Metallic, with our Cumulus and Piano Black interior, and carries an MSRP of $37,000.

Gallery

Specifications

2023 Voltari Spår Prestige 3.0d

Base Price/Price As Tested;
$37,000/$37,000

Final Assembly;
Assembled at Voltari Uppsala Technical Plant, Uppsala, Sweden

Body Style;
Front engine, all-wheel drive, 5-passenger, 5-door SUV

Engine;

Voltari SC-series - SC30d-R1 (USDM and CDM Specification)

Longitudinally-mounted, single turbocharged 3.0L/2997cc 90-degree V6
AlSi block and heads, forged internals
Common rail direct fuel injection with Voltari VEMS 6.5 Engine Control Unit
Chain and belt-driven dual overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder, single standard medium-allowance air intake
11.0:1 compression ratio
250 horsepower at 4,000 RPM
404lb-ft of torque at 2,500 RPM
4,500 RPM redline
Dual-exit exhaust with a high-flow 3-way catalytic converter, pre-catalyst and dual reverse flow mufflers
Low-sulfur diesel fuel required

Drivetrain;
8-speed automatic with a manual shifting mode
3.54:1 final drive ratio
All-wheel drive with an mechanical limited slip differential

Dimensions;
2.85 meter wheelbase
4.93 meter overall length
2.12 meter overall width
333.3 millimeters of ground clearance
0.241 Cd drag coefficient
58% front, 42% rear weight distribution
4,567 pound curb weight

Chassis/Body;
Unitary corrosion-resistant steel monocoque with isolated subframes
Stamped aluminum and steel body panels

Suspension;
Front independent 4-link, 5-position cockpit-adjustable air springs, 5-positon cockpit-adjustable dampers, anti-roll bar
Rear independent 5-link, 5-position cockpit-adjustable air springs, 5-positon cockpit-adjustable dampers, anti-roll bar

Steering;
Electrically assisted variable ratio rack and pinion steering

Brakes;
Hydraulic with anti-lock control
400mm front ventilated disc brakes with 2 piston rotors
240mm rear ventilated disc brakes with 1 piston rotors

Wheels;
22-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels
P275/45R22 110H front and rear tires
35psi front and rear

Performance;
0 to 62 MPH in 6.8 seconds
130 MPH top speed (electronically limited)
15.06 second standing 1/4 mile drag test
62-0 MPH in 44.4 meters
0.815g on a 20m cornering test, 0.788g on a 200m cornering test
Fully defeatable traction and stability control
24 MPG city/30 MPG highway/27 MPG combined

8 Likes

Very interesting side thing you got going on, looks like the Axxus MP5 Grande that i posted a week ago, of course yours is better executed :wink:.

2 Likes

THE IP TAIGA DUAL CAB. FROM $34 800.

5 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 2023 P6 series Gateway DX

By Halvson

The all-new Gateway is here, and more capable than ever.

With a punchy 4 litre turbocharged 6 cylinder engine from P&A Trucks, the P6 Gateway is more than capable for around town, offroad, and towing. The eight speed automatic ensures great fuel economy* while the AWD system and diffs make it more than capable offroad.**

But it’s not just off the beaten track where the P6 Gateway shines. The DX pack comes standard with a premium interior, a HUD, luxury trim (with diamond cut wheels), and a removable towbar, making any trip, be it cross country towing or just cross country, comfortable.

Available now for $33,000, call your nearest Halvson dealer or visit us online at www.halvson.com.au/ca for more details or to book a test drive.

*for its size and class
**road tyres come as standard and may not be suitable for all offroad use
7 Likes

2023 Miller Miner 24T

A rugged 4x4 with a 2,4l turbocharged inline 4 giving 265hp and lots of torque.

Gallery

10 Likes

The Yinzer Command CVLN

Usually when a Yinzer Command is seen on television over the last half century, it is responding to an emergency. Being the continental workhorse for several armies and militias, the Command has been demilitarized for a civilian market release. It comes from the factory with a black anodized coating and with no additional options. Even though the market demographics consider this version of the Commander as an off roader, it is very comfortable on the road, and from the carryover of design for mounted anti aircraft guns and rocket pods, even more capable as a hauler with one ton of load carrying ability, and over 1,000 miles of range with the removable auxiliary tank filled.

1 Like

BetterDeals HPD Mondi

It has a bed!

QFC42_-Djadania-_BetterDeals_HPD_Mondi.car|attachment (87.4 KB)
(im way too tired to do anything more)

2 Likes

The 2020 Piedmont from Flint Motors gives you the capability of a full-size truck and the comfort of a car, all in an easy-to-maneuver mid-size package.

Piedmont gives you full-size capability from the jobsite to the campsite. With 2250 pounds of payload capacity and a standard 4.0 liter 6-cylinder engine that produces 370 hp (276 kw) and 343 lb-ft (465 Nm) of torque, Piedmont gives you more standard power and payload than Ram or F-150. With an advanced 6-speed automatic transmission, Piedmont will keep you on the road instead of at the pump with an estimated fuel economy of 10.3 L/100km (23 mpg). Full-time all-wheel drive, electronic stability control, and standard all-terrain tires give you the capability to get where you need to go, no matter the weather or road conditions. And a 1524 mm (60 in) bed with standard lockable tonneau cover is ready to swallow up any cargo.

Unlike some other trucks, Piedmont doesn’t make you sacrifice comfort either. A fully independent suspension delivers a smooth ride over any surface, while there’s room for 5 in the standard crew cab that gives you more space than leading passenger cars. SE trim comes well-equipped with cloth seats and a touchscreen infotainment system, while LE trim includes a premium leather interior and upgraded 10-speaker infotainment system.

Piedmont puts all of this comfort and capability together in an easy-to-drive, easy-to-park package. While some trucks have gotten so bloated that they can’t fit in a garage or maneuver in town, Piedmont’s efficient use of space means that it has a smaller footprint than some large sedans.

One other thing Piedmont delivers on? Value. Piedmont SE can be yours for only $32,300 MSRP, or upgrade to LE for $34,600.

Visit your local Flint Motors dealer to test drive today!

1 Like