Race Cars?

I had an idea. Many manufacturers have cars that race in many series. Some examples include Ferrari F1’s, Audi Le Mans Prototypes, and Ford Australian V8 Supercars. So what I was thinking if possible we can build race cars and either make a team or sell them to teams. Racing can be profitable. So could this be possible?

I like the sound of this. Could be fairly simple too, just treat a race team as a special customer. I’d also like to see other special customers that will purchase larger amounts of vehicles such as governments and other companies such as car rental companies, taxi companies, all kinds of possibilities.

We should be able to get lucky in the game and score a nice cop car contract like Ford with the Crown Victoria. Could even be part of the marketing, allocate a certain amount of money just trying to sell fleet vehicles.

1 Like

Use the search function on the forum please. This idea has been contributed and spoken about a fairly number of times already.
Race contract are not going to be in at the initial release, maybe as DLC someday.
Contract for taxi’s, police cars, etc. are still on the list to be implemented, but that will further be discussed when the tycoon part of the game is taking shape.

2 Likes

[quote=“WizzyThaMan”]Use the search function on the forum please. This idea has been contributed and spoken about a fairly number of times already.
Race contract are not going to be in at the initial release, maybe as DLC someday.
Contract for taxi’s, police cars, etc. are still on the list to be implemented, but that will further be discussed when the tycoon part of the game is taking shape.[/quote]

^^ Kudos.

As he said, most of the content adding (Like car bodies, new engine types, etc) Will certainly not be coming before the tycoon part of the game. Basically, after the tycoon, it’ll be more of a content adding phase.

I have a friend that like BeamNG.drive and he bought Automation because of the integration. He is having lots of fun making his real life past cars in the game. And I liked Automation and bought BeamNG.drive because of the export function, and I’m also having fun. We both think race cars would be great to have.

Now that we have BeamNG.drive export function, I think its time to talk about race cars again. I don’t know about you guys, but I want racing versions of my cars. Nothing too fancy, just a race car made out of a regular one. Because race car! Go fast(er) around the track!

Racing team as just CUSTOMERS I think are already in the game: the “track” markets. Or maybe just add a new group (the regular “track” markets would be like a normal Porsche GT3 car, the “track ony” market would buy without any emissions requirement, don’t need to go on the street, like a Porsche GT3 Cup, the racing version).

Racing teams as parters and factory teams is future work or add-on, I get it. No need do do this now.

Race versions of normal cars: we already have almost everything set. Just tune the engine, suspension, race intake, delete cat, no muffler and so on and we’re ready to rock. But there are a few thinks missing. We need “racing interior” as an option, all stripped for weight savings, increasing performance but decreasing comfort. We also need other weight savings options, like carbon fiber wheels, carbon fiber hood, lightweight glasses and so on. Just a button to select those and reduce car weight, nothing too fancy. And maybe strut bars as option as well.

Race paintings would be nice as well (but I dont’t know how or how difficulty this would be, but that would be great to have).

Race interiors - basic with negative quality.
CF wheels - already in the game.
CF hood, lightweight glass etc. - negative body quality I guess?

Also…

…why?

3 Likes

Why reopen this? Because if I open a new thread there will be complaints as well: “why u didnt used the search blablabla”. Well, I used the search and here we are, I’m talking about something that was already on the table, just with a new twist (weight savings and BeamNG). I’m sorry if this upset you, but it is less disturbing than opening a new thread.

I think I never saw carbon fiber as option for wheels, just magnesium, alloy and steel.

I’ll try negative quality as weight savings, I never used it for that purpose, just to reduce costs. Let’s se if it works.

you’re not looking hard enough then

1 Like

Most of the cars I make are 2012 or under. Now I found them, just increase model year.

I did -15 body and interior in a 2+2 coupe. Also set seats from 4 to 1.

Saved only 79kg in a 1582kg coupe. It would be OK for interior only, but body + interior should be more, I think.

Security -15 increased the weight savings, but thats not a real option (a racecar would have a roll cage for security, this means weight, unless you want a widowmaker).

I suggest increasing the penalties for quality slider -15 while also increasing the weight savings. This level should mean an extreme stripping of the interior and body.

It has never been on the table. Automation is (and has been for the past years, and probably will be) only focused in road cars, not racing. Sure we have some amenities (such some racing parts, a test track and now a exporter) but the scope of the game is create a car company, create road cars, and make profit, as you surely see as the response from the devs and moderators, it is not part of the initial release, exactly as it says just above…

Maybe in the future? a DLC? Who knows, the devs can surprise us, but for now, the idea has been brought up several times and always ditched out.

That doesn’t sound right, would you mind sharing it? Maybe some members of the forum can get the weight down.

Using the quality sliders you can get close to racing cars, for example, -15 quality in safety and -15 quality interior. I usually leave the chassis quality slider at 0, otherwise it increases weight. In modern cars (it is a lot harder and impossible in old models) you can easily get below the 1200-something kg weight limit you see in most racing cars. although reaching the 850kg limit for LMP1 cars requires some clever design as well :wink:

I’d love to see that, since now even some road cars are having roll cages in their most extreme configurations.

When I said on the table I mean the subject is alread here on this forum. Not the “to-do list”. I know automation focus on road cars, but it doesn’t hurt to be able to make a lightweight racecar version of a regular one. It is all there, I just think it needs some tweaks to weight savings.

That doesn’t sound right, would you mind sharing it? Maybe some members of the forum can get the weight down.

Sorry, I already modified it (no clone, was an ongoing project). It was a pig with AWD and a big heavy boxer from the “civil GT” version of the car, now with a light turbo inline 4 and some more tweaks it have around 1200kg.

But I was not talking about the total weight of my car, just about the weight savings, the difference of doing -15 quality in interior and body. I just opened the car as it was, put sliders from 0 to -15 and wrote down the difference. Getting just 79kg less is too low for interior + body at -15. Total stripping of the interior + body (think metal sheets, carbon hood, light glass or acrylic and so on) should net more than that.

I’ll do more tests with other cars.

I get that making race cars isnt part of the game but what about having players design/manufacture homologation specials and then abstracting everything else.

Basically your car company would create a Motorsport division that would generate prestige and research off screen and occasionally you would have to design and build homologation cars.

2 Likes