Razyx's mods

::sings::

Did I ever tell you you’re my he–e–ro–o–o
You’re everything I wish I co–o–ould be–e–e

So glad we’re getting more mid/late 60s, early 70s stuff in. Almost makes me want to try to get back into modelling and do the '65-'69/'78+ full–sizers.

Go ahead, more models would be always a good thing :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve released the Toronado thanks to Max (that guy!! :rage:) that has decided to mess up every holy skinning done till the morning. Fortunately I had the regular version almost done (but not the soft top version), furthermore the tricky thing with the UVmapping was not completely solved (now the issue goes on the back of the front wheel arch)…, so I’m somewhat disappointed. :disappointed:
I’m going back to polish the first models and then take a look closely on this… car.

2 Likes

UV mapping is definitely tricky with a front end like that. Depending on the area of the fender that’s having the issue, you could temporarily modify it like the front to allow the UV mapping to work properly.

When UVmapping you could try using the flatten option, it doesn’t always work very well but it was a huge help when I made cars with tricky shapes. Just make sure to save right before trying it as Max could crash.

1 Like

Amazing job, Razyx; it’s a top-quality body. Other than a few stamping issues (that I was able to get around); she’s flawless.
I built a beautiful personal luxury/sports car with very impressive performance for the time using this body.

Shame ECV is out of the right era for that body.

Will just end up f*cking around with it.

Thanks guys for your help and support, I’m not going to stop despite the mishaps on the road :slight_smile:
I’ll try a quick fix on the Tornado, thanks @thecarlover and @Corvette6317!!
I know that I’ve been playing without some concepts (in some way I like to find ‘the walls’ and know the app by myself), now it’s time to dig into things and arrange the puzzle…, just a bit.

@Razyx thanks for bringing us a truly classic design, I absolutely love it! But I was wondering if you had considered making a smaller version of the same design as I understand it the RL one was never intended to be this big either so I think it would be really cool to use it on a more compact variant. But y’know just a suggestion :slight_smile:

The quote from the wiki says:

“The original Toronado began as a design painting by Oldsmobile stylist David North in 1962. His design, dubbed the “Flame Red Car”, was for a compact sports/personal car never intended for production. A few weeks after the design was finished, however, Oldsmobile division was informed it would be permitted to build a personal car in the Riviera/Thunderbird class for the 1966 model year, and North’s design was selected. For production economy, the still-unnamed car was to share the so-called E-body shell with the redesigned 1966 Buick Riviera, which was substantially bigger than North had envisioned. Despite the efforts of Oldsmobile and General Motors styling chief Bill Mitchell to put the car on the smaller A-body intermediate, they were overruled for cost reasons.”

1 Like

So far I haven’t seen the new body appear in the sandbox yet. How do I fix that? Is it because I am using the current stable release (build 160420) and I must opt into the open beta to use the Toronado body?

Have you subscribed to it in the Steam workshop?

Yes, but unsubscribing and resubscribing has not helped me thus far.

Go to the support Forum and check the common problem in automation and how to fix them. Read the part for mods that don’t dissappear after you unsuscribe, It is exactly the same solution for when mods download but don’t appear in game.

@Rk38, you’re welcome and glad that you are enjoying it/them. A compact version, ok, let me see the calendar… (I’ll try :wink: )
@abg7, I don’t know, if, as Sillyworld has suggested, there’s no info about that on the forums… really don’t know.

Well, I’ve been practicing, trying things (with more knowledge on what I’m doing) and that means some new models (I wish to polish the ‘old’ ones in the better way possible), I’ll release the next atm and then the old ones.

7 Likes

Awesome models! If you could, I think it would be awesome if you could emphasize individuality with your cars and adding more morphs :slight_smile: Thanks for the consideration!

Thanks. Now I have to polish the old models and I’ll give a close look on the morph areas, anyway, I’ve to try something highly ‘morphable’ but that will come later.

1 Like

I spot a 2nd gen Haiyan here…

What?.
Ok, Shark roadster updated and completed. I’ve added the soft top version.
What do you think about the aerodynamics of the Aero?, okay, bit high… I think it fits with the super/hyper cars segment (hmm maybe a bit high without wings/lips).

PS: the Aero has been updated with new aerodynamic values.

For calculating aeordynamics in my mods I use this https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fpm41n4if112d3/Aero.xlsx?dl=0 which is a Cd calculator that Daffy post in the old forums, in this, when you know the Cd and power of an existing car, it calculates the Cd minus the cooling (example: a .32 with 400hp of cooling will translate to something around .24), it’s pretty useful, it also does lift.

And for when I can’t find and exact figure for a Cd of an existing car (or when it includes copious amounts of downforce), I use this http://hpwizard.com/aerodynamics.html I obtain a cd figure from that and use that value in the excel calculator. Sometimes, with some extreme bodies (like my 70s Racecar) I obtain a very low Cd, around 0.14 or so, but since that is ridiculously low (for a reference, the mclaren body is the one with the lowest Cd 0.1799999999) I just tweak it until it was reasonable competitive with the other bodies of the time.

1 Like

The supercar body is perfection. Couldn’t ask for anything more. It’s great for folks who don’t want to be confined to making Lambo looking supercars like myself.

Well flares could be smoother but they’re alright as is.

Any Cd value should be lower than the real car (such as 0.24 instead of 0.29) because the real value includes vents and stuff. The base value you set is without anything, and the game will calculate a drop when adding ventilation.