Razyx's mods

Anyone know what the Wheel Load modifier in Drivability means? I built a car with the Aero and the drivability is crap, largely due to a -7.6% wheel load modifier. Meanwhile the same tire setup in the McLaren body gets +6%.

1 Like

I just plan second generation of my evil track toy

The Wheel Load modifier comes from the bump test, if I remember correctly. It basically says how well the tyres are kept on the ground and how much they are additionally stressed by anti roll bars.

Hey Raz somethings not right

Seems like you don’t have the mod anymore, or you build it before it was updated.

Yeah; that happens after a mod gets updated. Restart the game and all should be well.

Nice new body, Razyz; well done. I wasn’t really excited about it at first because it’s yet another mid-engined supercar… but I built a nice Veyron-killer with it.

1 Like

@Sillyworld, as usual, thanks for your help mate, the last time i’ve tried didn’t find the spreadsheet.
I’ve had to set the CD value on 18 to keep the thing on competitive numbers (even aerodynamic prototypes have a higher values…)
@Deskyx, I wanted a car wih nice flowing lines. The top of the rear end is a bit meh (I had too many ideas but none fit right at all)[quote]Well flares could be smoother but they’re alright as is.[/quote] Yep, a littlle flaw.
@thecarlover, yup, I’ve seen it after some comments on the workshop. I had in mind a CD around 0.25 or something…, an aerodynamic efficiency close to a Gallardo (the car is not real or a copy) but the mistake was testing it without the aero fixtures (wings/lips and high cooling stuff).
@phale, dunno man, I get the next with almost everything on default but the wheels (with a v12 @700Hp and two lips).

@Darkshine5, I guess that you need to restart the game again (reloading the mod that has been updated).
@KA24DE, thanks, we have many non-lambos around, why not a new contender? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Tornado has been updated and completed. A soft top version is available too.
Finally I made the @thecarlover technique, [quote]you can temporarily move some vertexes[/quote] flattening the front wheel arch. There were always a hole (although small) in a darn place.
@Corvette6317, the flatten option always gave me new stamping issues despite having tried different setups :cold_sweat:.
Thanks again guys!.

Hmm, will it break a car made before the update?

It should not break anything, just maybe some fixture misplaced.

Next thing coming. It’s going to be interesting trying to fit on the chassis.

7 Likes

I’d have preferred a Series Land Rover, but a Jeep works better as a “predecessor” to Felgen’s UAZ 469.

One question though, will you also make some additional variants like a Station Wagon and Pick-Up?

2 Likes

Haha; now that’s something different. It’s going to be hard to make it not look like a Willys clone though because it’s so iconic. I’m looking forward to trying.

I had in mind hardtop, soft top and an estate (SW) version…, the pickup, time will tell :grin:

yep, hehe. I’ve seen that we have only 1 SUV in the 40’s so, as you said, we cannot miss some iconic cars :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick test after many tweaks and everything in place.
It has a shorter wheelbase than the original, these blueprints can drive anyone crazy (if you like perfection).

13 Likes

While ‘the willy’ is evolving in a relaxed way…, not an Alpine but…

11 Likes

Neat, a 70s supermini. Don’t have too many of those.

Maxi car (R5) released in two variants. Hatch and sedan variants will come later.

edit: Maxi car completed.
Added hatchback and sedan variants.

13 Likes

Haven’t tested it properly, but I have already noticed one thing - although its normal size sets it more or less in small car lineup, its wheelbase could allow it also to be part of compact lineup. But morphing blocks it a bit - if it only could be a bit bigger, it would fit perfectly for me between Lada/Fiat 124 body and Polonez. So there is my (I hope) little request - could you make rear end morphable to be longer? And maybe make separate morphs for upper and lower end of the rear window?

But it’s great work, as always, so thank you :slight_smile: You are one of my 3 favourite Automation modders :slight_smile:

PS Are planning an estate version maybe? Just a bit bigger suggestion than those two above :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll look into it, actually every ‘model’ shares the same bones and morph values, so it could be a mess. I do not made a wagon variant cos the width of the car, but let me think about it :slight_smile:
Thanks.

One more thing from the ‘practise days’.

11 Likes