Real car database for comparison purposes

Well, I had this for myself for quite a bit of time (heavily expanded recently though, I had like 1/4 of this) - a spreadsheet with loads of real car data, to make realistic design decisions easier. Right now it’s mainly engine data, as I struggled with my engine lineup. Then I thought that

1. it’s a f…ton of work for one person to complete it and keep it up to date
  2. it might help others - newcomers in seeing what real cars look like in the numbers and veterans in knowing all the statistics, average numbers of sth, quirks in the lineups of the real companies etc. - without their own extensive research every time

So I decided to share it here. Few rules before you go in, to keep some order:

• Read the sheet titles carefully and follow their meaning - if it contains “EU”, then don’t enter Pacific Asia models in there
  • Bright green model name cell means that it’s data is confirmed by at least one official site configurator - if you add a model gathering data that way, please set this colour too and add the country which counfigurator you are using in a note (right click -> add a note)
  • Apply formatting as shown in the example tables
  • If you add modern engine data and edit an already added model, don’t delete engine variants you don’t see in your configurator, unless this model data comes from one source and it’s the same as yours (see note attached to the model name cell); if you see such a variant, add an asterisk ( * ) at the end of the variant name to denote it’s limited availability
  • If you know or strongly feel that a models engine lineup is temporarily incomplete denote it in the model name cell
  • For hybrids insert combined system power, not “[ICE]+[electric]” power and remember to denote whether they use petrol or diesel engine
  • If you add your Automation cars data and have some actually created engine simulating a diesel, hybrid or electric enter data of that simulated engine existing in the lore with “[!]” before the engine variant name

Ok, I think that’s all and you’ll get what is what and won’t accidentally turn it into mess :stuck_out_tongue: (I hope we don’t have people here who’d intentionally turn it into mess). In case of any doubts ask me or @ramthecowy. Same when you think that editing a protected part is needed. You can also leave a comment in the spreadsheet itself, I’ll get a notification I think.

Here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n_LdYitZGviQeWkHaLQuz9gOVAAlD95xPTmEYZ6US4k/edit?usp=sharing

6 Likes