Returning to the game - whats changed? (specific questions)

Hi
I was really into this a few years ago, but dropped it for a while as things were still in flux.
My questions are:

1. Have turbos been changed so that you can replicate modern turbocharged motors?
  2. Are most players using stand alone or steam?
  3. Are most players using the game with the existing engine or the UE4 engine?
  4. How easy is it to import another user’s cars+engines? I remember last time I did a review (here Auto Magazine which I’ve tidied up as many broken links and images as possible!), I had a lot of trouble importing a car if it used a lot of mods, so much so that I stopped doing reviews altogether :frowning:

I’d like to get back into things (especially reviewing!), as I sometimes do find myself going back to the review thread and rereading some of my old reviews :slight_smile:
I think if I did restart reviewing, I’d limit cars to using standard features only, but I’m not sure how prevalent fixture mods are.

HAI! Welcome back.

1. YEaaaaaaaahhhh. NO, we’re still in the 70’s

2. Steam

3. Both are in play right now with UE grabbing more attention and popularity every day

4. Just as easy as it was before. All you need is to have all the workshop mods.

Well… have fun reviewing nobody’s cars. Mods is what makes the designs stand out, more fixtures means more options and more combos.

6 Likes
  1. Is there a list of standard mods that everyone uses? For users who are reviewers, what mods do you use now?

2. is it possible to fit larger engines in the mid engined bodies now? I remember it was impossible to recreate say an MR2 because you couldn’t fit an I4 with the same bore and stroke as the actual Toyota engine.

3. If I’m going to review cars as a roundup, am I better to use the old version or UE4 version? (eg in terms of ease of loading cars, number of players etc)

1.IIRC theres a list of kee mods that everybody uses. As for UE4 mods, there arent too many of them yet so you can download most of them

1. Im not too sure

2. Most people have moved to UE4, but there’s still a few people who still use Kee (either because they cant run UE4 or don’t want to).
    Regarding UE4, its probably better to run the stable version of the UE4 and opt out of the open beta, since its highly likely the open beta will break pretty much every update. Until the open beta gets better, reviewing cars will be difficult

EDIT: Scratch the last part. The devs are planning to update the stable branch anyways so stick to the open beta

1 Like