Screen problems

Hi,

I recently factory reset my computer and now whenever I try to load up the game my screen resolution is off for the windowed borderless mode. Before the game would run bug free on fullscreen mode, but after the re-install I cannot seem to get a similar effect with widowed borderless, The only thnings I think of is a reccomended screen resolution to run the game on or a maximise button on normal windowed mode.

Did you also update video drivers and check your screen resolution?

Yes, The first thing I did knowing windows 10 is install all drivers, including the nvidia experiance which keeps my drivers up to date. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 which when set leaves the window zoomed into the top left corner so most if the interface is off screen. To be honest as some workshop content is not installing too, i’ve considered waiting for the unreal reslease as it should be at least another month, but maybe the devs will do an open beta of just the engine and car designer.

I don’t really know how to manually adjust the offset and other people may not either, could you possibly do a tutorial on how to do it, may help for a few people so they can play before ue4 on the current build, you know as a goodbye to the past. But i guess issues like this show why it is important to upgrade to a modern engine that supports most modern hardware.

I think you’re thinking of the wrong problem @Killrob What I meant is this;

What I meant was the auto-setting for the zoo on the game windows for windowed borderless.

You are quite correct, sorry about that :smiley: I was thinking I was in another thread! Indeed disregard everything I’ve said here so far.

Does the game give you the correct resolution overall, it does say that on launch in the little text window that also pops up. Do you have any problems with windowed mode also?

I’ve had a similar issue when I minimise the game as it’s loading. Not minimising it as it’s launching prevents the issue. Not sure if that’s what might be causing it for you.

No it’s not that, when I minimise whilst loading in borderless windowed it crashes. Also, in windowed mode it works fine, but not being able to maximise the windowed just gets annoying to me and I set my resolution to 1920x1080 which should be right, if it helps my laptop is an Asus n55sl with nvidia geforce gt 635m 2gb and 6gb of ram. At this point it doesn’t matter to fix it with the unreal release being round the corner.

Yes, the UE4 version handles this stuff much better even now in the dev build, you can just dynamically resize the window during play or fullscreen it via Alt-Enter, so I doubt this specific problem will persist in UE4 :slight_smile: