Seats configuration and engine layout

I’ve been poking around with ‘luas’ and car bodies aand I ended up with ‘juicy question’ :stuck_out_tongue:
Do you have any plan with seats configuration related with engine layout?, in other words, while front and rear engined cars could share the same seat configuration (2,4,5…) , a mid engine variant hardly would do… so,
do you think that it would be interesting/feasible enough to get a more accurate seat configuration?.

Seeing that the ‘lua system’ seems rather easy (but there could be issues that I do not see),

Hatchback ‘coupe’ -3 doors- example:
EngineTypes = {
FRONT = { SeatOptions = { 4,5, },
MID = { SeatOptions = { 2, }, - In a large body, or transverse engine, it could be 4 (2+2)
},

(no rear text > REAR = false)

Besides the accuracy thing, it might allow more tweaks on some parameters (comfort/prestige/etc).

Thanks

PS: crap, I’ve found this and guess it answers my question

Another point I have is the comparison between FF and FR layout sedan with 5th seat
Both should have similar comfort with 4 seats but FF should be better when the 5th seat been added since there is no bump for the shaft.
But in game now, the FF car body does have a bump for a possible AWD\4X4 layout… which…might not been ever used in many circumstances… So I think we should have some car body with exclusively FF only that boost the cabin size even better.

Isn’t the “tunnel” there to provide strength and rigidity to the chassis.
Pretty sure every FF car I’ve ever owned has had one and the poor sod in the middle has had to put their feet either side of it

4 Likes

my Toyota Yaris (in some states called Vitz) from 2012 is FF and has no tunnel at the backseats. so i only have one carpet.

I’ve seen it vary by car. My dad’s old 1998 Corolla had one, but then his 2011 Scion tC does not. I have yet to see a minivan with one as well, but considering how much emphasis they have on practicality it makes sense.

Tunnel is there to provide enough clearance for the transmission (Without having it rest inches from the ground). Some FWD cars did have transmission tunnels for various reasons. The Focus from the early 2000s had both a transmission tunnel and mounts for the 4.6L V8 built in, presumably for a crazy RWD performance model that never materialized.