SGTV '16 Hockenheimring GP Endurance Race results

So I’m working on a little (or not so little) something for this…

The Solo Shark. Currently does 0-100 in 2.7 seconds and has a top speed just over 300 km/h.

Edit: and well under 8 minutes on the green hell :smiley:

5 Likes

halfway designing my van i just realised something… there’s no front engined version?

and then it dawned. it wasn’t a steam mod, i had to update it manually. dammit

i guess my second van is a mid engined one

You won’t lose your progress or anything, since the file names are the same. The front engine option will just be added when updated :slight_smile:

So, let’s say your van weighs 1785 kg. Then the maximum amount of hp you can run is 892,5. Can you round that up to 893 hp or does it have to be 892 hp?

892hp, don’t think that was the answer you were looking for =/

Just to update everyone, I will take a look at your vans asap, I have quite a few assesments coming my way…

Sorry, I’m super late to the party due to busy, transfer of job and general lack of mojo. I had one question not mentioned in the rules: Any drivetrain limitations?

This may be a chance to test my new range of eco performance engines, depending on what I can pair it to…

Pretty sure I have answered that but no you can even do fwd :slight_smile:

Are entries still open, as I can finally enter my two vans!

One week left to enter, get your entrys in now!

For the 2016 SGTV series, ECV-R is working with Kaspian Racing from the UK.

The first is an update on the 1972 Crest MkII. Using the Crest FTC as the base, some very large vents were cut into the side to cool the V8 at its heart. The ECV-R update runs a mid-engine AWD setup.

The seccond is a joint effort between Kaspian racing and ECV-R to make the strangest machine possible. Firstly, they made a custom chassis and body for it, then mounted an 8 liter Inline 6 mid-ship.

This is one big i6.

I wish all others luck in their en-devours (and I’m probably going to come last :smiley: )

4 Likes

I know it’s a bit late for that but why would you need all the formalities in the 2. and 4. tab?

Also, is entry list any longer than 2 teams? Cause if that’s the case I don’t know if I’m going to spend so much time on entry :slight_smile: (currently 1 van almost ready)

there are pendiing resubs that i need to look at and one or two more entrys that I haven’t looked at

naming format - too late to change it now

Finally got my stuff together to put a contender in!

Gryphon Gear doesn’t have a vehicle suitable to race in this series… and their driver is already fully occupied with other engagements. However, they were approached to quickly draft up a racing prototype as part of a promotion for a national delivery service: Pulse Couriers.

Part of the reason GG accepted the brief was because with the allowance of V12 back into the GT circuit, it was keen to assert that it was their V8 configuration that afforded better volumetric efficiency and weight distribution. Regardless of number of cylinders, with economy equally foremost alongside performance, GG had another opportunity to apply their new philosophy of more for less, using their turbo VVTL techniques to extract surprisingly high outputs for surprisingly little fuel.

Just how wieldy the turbo setup is on the circuit, remains to be seen. But with early spooling scrolls pushing just 0.44 bar of boost, certainly the driver has a very wide, gentle powerband with which to play.

6 Likes

One day to go! Send in your entrys NOW!

There will be 2 days allowed to sort out any problems after the entrys are closed

2 Likes

Last day entry by Smooth Racing:

Smooth Classic Mini

MR, transversal NA V12. Classic.

Smooth Yomama

F-AWD turbo V8. Not classic. Nor classy.

Now let’s get this party started :smiley:

2 Likes

I see you’ve used the BMW term for “Mini” :laughing:

Bmw be like:

1 Like

i… may not make it in time for this one…

Entrys are now closed, Sorry I couldn’t close them yesterday, I was stuck in bed being sick. I will cheak the latest entries later today

3 Likes

I just opened my entry again and it appears my vents I was using for cooling (Zen Vents) have disappeared, I can’t even find them in my vent tab in the game. Let me know if you have the same problems @UMGaming , hopefully, it’s just my game acting strangely and it won’t affect you.