SGTV '16 Hockenheimring GP Endurance Race results

Sorry I haven’ty really been active, I’m in the middle of “Assessment Week” so if you could send me the mid season re-tune that would be great First race weekend is planned starting on the 4th

ps I don’t need the re-tunes before race one but i do need them by the 5th race weekend (9th and 10 race)

1 Like

I feel you UM, I feel you.

(Fucking NZQA assessments.)

First Race This Weekend!!!

Get you Super Grand Touring Vans Ready!!!

6 Likes

Woo!

Quite excited for this!

So this is basically how a SGTV’16 Race weekend works:
Friday: Qualifying
Saterday: Sprint Race
Sunday: Endurace Race

Todays a friday so heres the qualifying results for Sochi Autodrom:

Lining up on the front row we have Smooth Racings Smooth Classic Mini with a lap time of 2:17.07 and KSR’s Unfin-1 with a laptime of 2:17.71. On the second row of the grid we have Smooth Racings other entry the Smooth Yomama who will be looking to challenge the Unfin-1 for second place with a laptime of 2:18.13. Lining up next to them will be Pulse Couries entry the Pulsar GT Spec with a laptime of 2:19.02 who will likely be defending from OMG’s entry Surge who set a laptime of 2:19.14. Chuckles Chuckless-Schuckles will be looking to get in the mix in sixth place with a laptime of 2:19.78 as will Erinsport’s Formula Van which set a laptime of 2:20.76. In a lonely 8th lies EVC-Kaspian Racing’s Kaspian Racing KR Custom with a laptime of 2:25.33. In ninth place with a laptime of 2:27.58 Moldovan Speedstars Bogliq Cargostar Maverick will be looking to defend from their teammate the Bogliq Cargostar Ungoliant who set a laptime of 2:27.74, Storm Automotives Van 2 with a laptime of 2:27.77 and their teammate Van 1 with a laptime of 2:27.85. In luckly last 13th place drives EVC-Kaspian Racing’s EVC Rune MkII ECV-R Racing Edition with a laptime of 2:31.30. Those are the qualifying results for Sochi Autodrom, I will see you tommorrow for the sprint race.

3 Likes

the KR was the one I tuned. It is also the one with a 7L inline 6.

this is going to be a fun season.

I’ve never tuned for Sochi. I wonder how it compares to the other tracks.

Also I seem to be a bit off pace! Let’s see if the economy and drivability help any.

I totally did not saw this coming.
Especially with a relatively unfinished van.

13 vans and 12 drivers, this looks to be an impressive field.

As for the relatively bland names between my two vans (Van 1 and Van 2) they weren’t given an official designation. Both of them are built on the Blunderbuss architecture, which was mostly intended to be large, high-capacity not-quite-a-bus-but-bigger-than-a-van type people movers. Just one of them’s cropped short and loaded with sensors.

Looks like we’re a little slow, but then again, we’ll see how things turn out for the actual races.

And a bit of thought in character from Luke.

“It’s good that they’re running so close together. I would have preferred them to qualify faster, but perhaps they’ll outlast the others in a race. All I can tell you is that the self-driving system worked well through the qualifying laps, and while there were few, if any, vehicles on track at the time, it did manage to find its way around a track that I’d never seen before. The sprint race will give more data to work with, but winning races is secondary for me. This is, first and foremost, a test of self-driving vehicles. If either van manages to win a race, I’ll consider it a bonus.”

Nice! :smiley: Mini is killing it!

@UMGaming, is it possible we get a list (in the thread head) of all entrants with pictures, basic specs and tires? Something like amwec15’s posters/spotters guide? Just so we know what we are up against :slight_smile:

Really looking forward to race days, I had trouble finding (or even figure it out what is) the balance btw sprint and endurance performance.

yeah I can do something like that, it will take some time though so don’t expect it to be done by tomorrow :smile:

also race weekends should be weekly

2 Likes

Damn! My bonkers van-thing actually didn’t do terribly!

@airjordan
oh god… the monstrosity that is my van that you will be seeing will make you scarred for life.

it’s worse than just plain and no lights.

The first race of the season is finally here! If anyone would like to be a race reporter/ writer for the basic overview of what happened in qualifying, sprints, and enduros please pm me with an overview of this frist sprint race of the season based off the info that the table has givern you. I have found that i just don’t have the time to write up anything to go with the results like i did yesterday with the qualifying. So here are the results:

5 Likes

Based on the difference between the fastest laps and overall race tune, I just realised I have no idea how the times are determined! That’s what I get for not even looking at the spreadsheet, lol.

Also so much more economy, did I go too far? :joy:

it was a sprint race, only half an hour so maybe maybe not

Looks like Van 2, the self-driving one, had a pit stop. No tires swapped, and better gas-consumption than the bigger Van 1. So who’s the one that decided to hit it?

Maybe it had a self driving malfunction :stuck_out_tongue:

well… to be honest… i also didn’t
as i said, i made my Van in only a couple of hours and just entered because ‘why not?’, since it’s fun to look at competition results when i’m in it, even when i’m losing.

sooooo yeah. this was totally the opposite of what i expected. and also, at least you have the best fuel/speed ration though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like