Shifts, trims, and pricing management screen

One of the biggest un-fun parts of the Lite Campaign at the moment is the amount of micromanagement and min-maxing to manage markup, trim distribution, shifts, etc. for each model. Especially since the current model-specific page doesn’t take into account other models being produced, this ends up adding a lot of tedium to the campaign, which I think should be focused more on long term strategy for what models you should produce.

Obviously it won’t be happening in Kee, but I wonder, with the faster calculations in the UE4 version, if a single page with all models / trims would be feasible. It would be a very dense page, for sure, since you’d need the shifts, trim markups, trim distribution, and region markups for each model on it, but it would make it a lot easier to manage current production, and ideally, know which models are due to be replaced.

I wouldn’t take away the current page, since it is a friendlier interface for anyone newer to the game, but I think for people who have been playing the game longer, or really anyone with a lineup of more than 3 or 4 models currently being sold, a single “catalog” page would be a marked improvement.

2 Likes

Well yes, that might become possible and feasible with the UE4 foundation. We’ll try to make it as user friendly and transparent as possible.

2 Likes