Sports/Supercar Design Thread

The C21 B50CSi, in no way related to the 850CSi for legal reasons

7 Likes

The Bellezza, shown in multiple trims

(6.2 GT, released in 1995)

(6.4 GTS-2, released in 2001)

10 Likes

Putting that aside for a moment, it had enough pace and presence to be the darling of attention-seeking celebrities, athletes and media moguls with lots of cash to spare. How much power does it make, then? I’m expecting well over 500 - and that huge engine is most likely a V12, probably normally aspirated. But how much does it weigh? After all, back in 1995, when it first came out, full carbon fiber bodywork and chassis were still very new - so I wouldn’t expect it to use such an advanced construction method. And is it rear-drive or AWD? If it were the latter, it would have more traction off the line at the expense of extra weight.

1 Like

650hp, and believe it or not the body panels were part-carbon, which I believe was new in 1995 (the original release date for the GT), and RWD of course, so it would’ve earned a 911 Turbo esque reputation in its day. I’ll add the weight in when I next get to my PC

The C2

6 Likes

Valoroso Ratero VRX8. Which is a hypercar, not a supercar.
VRX8
VRX8

9 Likes

Made this french coupe for the wangan comp. Lost the due date. Need a name for it.

6 Likes

What’s the Portugese word for phwoar?

I suspect that’ll provide a very apt name for this beast! :heart_eyes::star_struck::innocent:

Is the minimalist good enough?

2020 Yamataka NCX

21 Likes

One more more proof that the GT-R would be way cooler with horizontal headlights

1 Like

I don’t think thats…humm…apropiate for the hour. And topic. I might gently tuck it under the Beta-Juliet brand, even though they’re Braz-Italians. TBH I kinda lost interest on it when I remembered how close the purge update is.

2 Likes

I have to disagree, it probably has the most iconic vertical lights.

Some other sporty cars

11 Likes

Looking at these four cars you’ve just made, I know exactly what inspired their aesthetics: the first one reminds me of a '98-'02 Firebird Trans Am WS6 (but without the pop-up headlights or a hood scoop with four giant nostrils), the second one brings to mind a C5 Corvette (but with exaggerated rear haunches), the third looks like an AW11 MR2, and the last one is clearly reminiscent of a second-generation Eclipse GS-T, wing and all. It would have been even better if you went to the trouble of making fully detailed interiors for each and every one of them, but even so, their exterior designs alone are still more than good enough to leave me in awe - just as you did with the NCX you made earlier.

1 Like

I’m lazy when it comes to interiors, I think the only interior I made was for a NASCAR version of the firebirdn’t.

You don’t need to add a full interior to be good for pics.

6 Likes

I should start doing that

Fifth generation IP Pandora (1995-99)
2000 GTT models in Ebony black and Rallye red shown.

6 Likes

Introduced in 1976 and produced all the way to 2004 in various iterations, the Fenrir is one of RAUKs most produced models.

This is where it all began, the 1976 RAUK Fenrir Mk1.

The shortblock is based on the Volvo B21E, bored to 93 and stroked to 86 mm to create a displacement of 2339 cc. However, it features a 16 valve DOHC head engineered by RAUK. This early N/A version with a slightly modified version of the CIS injection from the B21E had a power output of 191 hp and a torque of 225 Nm. It is transversely mid-mounted with a 5 speed gearbox and there is double wishbone suspension all around, as well as 4 wheel disc brakes (2 piston vented up front, 1 piston solid in the rear).

The car weighs 966 kg, 0-100 km/h takes 6.55 seconds, it has a top speed of 249 km/h and the quartermile is done in 14.7 seconds. It manages 1.06 G on the skidpad and brakes from 100-0 in 34.2 metres.

The Fenrir was the last RAUK that was designed with input from Urban Karlsson before he passed away in 1970, since it was part of the “RAUK 70” project that was initiated in 1969, that resulted in the 1974 Draugar, the 1975 Huldra and the 1976 Fenrir.
Price? $36000 AMU. The good things in life are seldom free.

7 Likes