BS Cars launched the Stoneleigh Victoria executive car in early 1975. It was named in honour of the Australian state in which Stoneleigh cars were produced as complete knock-down kits (Geelong, Victoria). The Australian subsidiary had assisted in developing the new car, and it was hoped that the car would prove popular in that market.
At launch, the model range consisted of the 2600 and the 3000. The 2600 had a 2629cc version of the old LCV-series SOHC straight 6, producing 123bhp. The 3000 model featured an all-aluminium 3.0L SOHC V8 producing 141 bhp.
1975 Stoneleigh Victoria 2600
1975 Stoneleigh Victoria 3000
The Victoria sold decently but dealers were asking for a higher-spec model to attract more buyers to the showroom. In response, the 3000 Injection was introduced in 1977. Its fuel injected engine boosted power to 174 bhp and the car was appointed with many sporty styling touches.
1977 Stoneleigh Victoria 3000 Injection
The Victoria range received a facelift in 1981. The engine range was also revised and fuel injection was introduced across the range.
Catalytic converters were adopted for all engines by 1982.
In certain markets such as Italy and Finland, smaller capacity turbocharged engines were used to avoid heavy taxation.
For the South African and Australian markets, a 5.2 litre V8 licenced from Maxton Motors was avalable as 5.2i and 5.2Gi.
1981 Stoneleigh Victoria 2.5i
In 1982, a high performance GRi model was added to the range.
The V8 was bored out to 3.3 liters and used multi-point fuel injection to produce 218bhp.
1982 Stoneleigh Victoria 3.3 GRi
Engine: 3270cc SOHC 16-valve V8
Fuel delivery: Multi Point EFI
Power: 217 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque: 200 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Performance 0-100 km/h: 7.0s
Top speed: 237.5 km/h
Full 1982 range:
- 1.9i - 1903cc 8v, 136 hp DIN, 154Nm, 4-spd manual, 193km/h. Italy, Switzerland, Finland only
- 2.5i - 2495cc 12v, 138 hp DIN, 200Nm, 4-speed manual, 194km/h
- Gi Turbo - 1903cc 8v Turbo, 159 hp DIN, 213Nm, 5-speed manual, 206km/h. Italy, Switzerland, Finland only
- 3.0 Gi - 2995cc 16v V8, 163 hp DIN, 243Nm, 4-speed automatic, 204km/h
- GRi Turbo - 1998cc 24v Turbo, 203hp DIN, 264Nm, 5-speed manual, 211km/h. Italy, Switzerland, Finland only
- 3.3 GRi - 3270cc 16v V8, 221hp DIN, 270Nm, 5-speed manual, 218km/h
- 5.2i - 5162cc Maxton AOC V8, 143kW / 194 hp DIN, 363Nm, 4-speed manual, 209km/h. South Africa and Australia only
- 5.2Gi - 5162cc 16v V8, 143kW / 194 hp DIN, 4-speed automatic, 203km/h. South Africa and Australia only