Survival of the Fittest 1983 [Finals posted][Complete]

Well, Phale is in the finals as predicted, one out of four ain’t bad :sweat_smile:

Very interesting contest, now both have taken damage. WHO WILL WIN TONIGHT? WHO WILL REIGN SUPREME???

1 Like

Ah, very proud with how far I got, and best of luck to Phale and Matti. This shall be glorious!

well, it seems my v12 Turbo experiment was an utter failure :smiley:

great stuff squid! good luck for the two finalists!

Fingers crossed for Matti, I want to have been defeated by the later winner :wink:

try experiment with v12 turbo on my challenge :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s 25% better than any fortune teller I know.

Of all the things that could go wrong with the engine sticking out the back of the car, it’s the gearbox :laughing:

Awesome competition!!! Many thanks for @squidhead for hosting!

Before the Grand Finale I want to present you my car:
Schack Endurado

3 Likes

Another day, another race done.
Congrats to all who entered, see ya on the next SOF!

SRSLY, We done here, roll credits!
lightning strike, etc etc, cool effects

1 Like

congrats phale and
i wish i could get some of that cookie crumbs

Grats @Phale! and good run, @Matti

@squidhead, were you planning to share the calculation/track results from each challenge at the end? Quite curious to see how I would have done if @DeusExMackia hadn’t crushed my hopes and dreams so early.

Especially seeing as my car did a 1:20.1 around Airfield.

1 Like

Survival of the fittest.zip (26.1 KB)

There you go. If you can make sense of it

Woohoo! I humbly accept this internet cookie and thank @squidhead for a great competition! I think it’s fantastic that two completely different cars made it into the finals :smiley:

Here’s mine:

4 Likes

Job well done @phale, definitely a very strong contender in that car. To be honest, even at full strength I’m not sure my vehicle would have been able to match that.

Next time, I will make sure to master all the rules before I submit. It’s a surprisingly complex set of rules and very easy to forget a vital piece of info… not to mention impossible to predict. Great format @squidhead

Congratz phale! Not only the best one but also one of most unique bodystyle. I’m really looking forward to the next SOF challenge.

I know :frowning: It looks so simple from a glance and then you have to make all those formulas and it’s all percentages of percentages which may or may not be beneficial, of percentages to the original stat, and it’s all a big mess eventually.

Also people will be surprised to learn that both finalists finished with about 47 reliability. Those cars did not yet die and had a good 2 stages in them, maybe 3

Very well done to @phale and also to @Matti, and see all of you at the next SOF!

Congratulations to @phale !! Eventually got roasted by miles. Thanks to everybody!

Possibly make excel app or port excel calculations to simple windows app?

Congratulations again @phale, and @Matti as well for reaching that last peak.

A very big thank you @squidhead for this competition. It’s a demanding challenge you got here. Furthermore it’s interesting and exciting to the last stage, even if the own car isn’t in it anymore, which is quite a rare thing actually I think.

I’ll just go ahead and make a Squidbot for race calculations then :smiley:

1 Like