Performance Tuner Drift Series [Pre-season tests finished]

I’m not sure what top speed should I be aiming at… if there will be laptimes at some high speed tracks than 250kph+ seems like something worth having, otherwise… not so sure.

I ended up with 250 and some change kph to get 40% wheelspin, but then again, i probably have the lowest amount of hp @ sub 600 :smiley:

I’m @ sub 500 so…yeah :slight_smile: trying to keep drivability above 30 and wheelspin above 35…

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile: I’m trying to keep it above 25 driveability, maybe should lower it some… 35% wheelspin seems enough

erm, 15 and 53%. i’ll crash,m but the drifts prior to that will be amazeballz

1 Like

SRD is reacycling the 1983 SOF entry, the legendary ENDURADO, wich placed 2nd in that years brutal competiton.

(Survival of the Fittest 1983 [Finals posted][Complete] - #262 by Matti)

The ugly duckling got a happier face. Who isn’t happy when going sideways? We still didn’t return the rear wing to Lufthansa. Some also say it will be renamed into ENDURIFTO.

6 Likes

22 drivability, 64% wheelspin, nearly 600hp from a naturally aspirated V8… What are you all even talking about :laughing:

These are the kind of figures that are more along the lines of what one should shoot for.

That is, if you’re using sport tyres. If you’re using semi-slicks, you will likely score better with judge 1 but have lower wheelspin and drivability figures.

I don’t know how the tyre degradation system will work to differentiate scores from judge 2, 3.

Yeah, i though it might… thats why i try to keep 25 driveability and up the wheelspin… 40 doesn’t seem enough… Aiming for 50 at least, with slicks

Going to sports will also hurt braking and lateral G…so I’m puling numbers above on slicks.

Will compound affect degradation?

EDIT: will the math behind degradation be a race surprise or will we get to know the mechanics before submitting?

I’m guessing the answer is no, since that’s what it says in the OP, but - if the car cannot get 50 safety with +15 Advanced, can you put +3 quality into Interior or are you doomed?

Edit: Also I’m assuming you can’t change chassis material, but can change panels?

That just means the car is not eligible, sorry. No ladder frame 1940’s designs

Yes, the compound will affect degradation, as well as number of runs your car makes, the amount of wheelspin and weather too.

It will be based on removing quality from the wheels section, I can post exact maths behind the logic if you want.

ALSO, this probably should be stated beforehand

#This competition will not be as fast judged as the previous ones by me. You will also have ability of changing setups between races (just setups, similar to PTTA rules) and will have time to do so.

BTW if anybody knows how I can stop updates to the game on steam, I’d be very much happy about it. I can then freeze the Automation version on my laptop to run the competition while the game undergoes changes (I.E, UE jump happens mid-competition).

4 Likes

It’s my SoF car from 1983 actually. It’s very close, so I can probably get it there with other methods, but they will be heavier.

Well did you update the trim to 2016?

I did, but for some reason going from +0 to +15 Advanced makes less than 6 points of difference.

No matter though, I got there. 612hp and 1500+kg. Completely surrounded by airbags, the driver is. Probably has to hold one in his lap while driving because there’s no more surfaces to put them in.

5 Likes

I think if you go to preferences on steam for automation, theres a list that lets you uncheck for updates. I might be wrong though.

1 Like

That’s not the update he’s talking about mate :laughing:

It is. Read his previous post.

Too few pictures of cool driftcars in this post :wink:

Updated looks and (probably) finalized the tuning

500+ HP, 27 driveability and 40+% wheelspin for now.

10 Likes

love the 100mph tape holding the bumpers on

1 Like