Survival of the Fittest 1983 [Finals posted][Complete]

And how can we forget this early noughties classic…

Only the stages stated as “rally stage” are affected by your offroad stat.

Yes.

Also… actually

1 Like

HE’S GOING THE DISTANCE!!!
HE’S GOING FOR… SPEEEEEED

That’s only stage 5, so there’s 31 points of unavoidable damage?

That’s 31% Worth of unavoidable damage, yes.

Hmm. It’s going to be tough to get reliability up without engine sliders…

Also the entries are as of now open.

Maybe you should make clear in the challenge description if you mean engine or avg. car reliability.

I will definitely join the challenge, i think looks very interesting :slight_smile:

Fixed. All damage is going to avg reliability

Yeah I figured as such, but it’s still going to be difficult. I’m already spending more than I would like on chassis and fixtures.

Is there any limit of entries?

One entry per person, Silly.

well that’s ambiguous

We’re losing all of the entries but the top 16 by the second stage anyways.

this is gonna be tough. i am seriously considering setting up a spreadsheet just for getting to the event :smiley:

1 Like

Been there, done that and got the equations!

Journey fuel = economy @ 120kph * 36

Actual Fuel = journey fuel * ((100-offroad)/100)

Min weight = Actual Fuel * 20

:laughing:

Pikes Peak, eh?

I started work on this last night, and there’s still a way to go, but it seems to fit this challenge like a glove.

Howler Prodigy 1983 Pikes Peak Edition:

Too bad I can’t build a turbo I5 that sounds like the world is ending (yet) but I’ll make do.

2 Likes

I’ve forgotten all the math I did for the first one to figure out my fuel efficiency… Not good.

Still, I kinda know what I plan to do.

1 Like

The year was 1975 and First Order Automotive took part in the Survival of the Fittest challenge.

The car drew many an admiring glance but there was a problem with the technical accountant. It turned out he couldn’t count to 11 without taking at least 1 sock off.

Because of this the styling was beautiful but it was a complete horror story under the dressing.

So this time we decided to pull out the blueprints and remake the body shell. This time around we’ve got rid of the old 4x4 transmission and replaced it with one of these new fangled all wheel drive systems. We bolted in a 3.5 litre, normally aspirated, engine that produces 250(ish) horsepower.

The previously named Cruzer RS2500 is now the Cruzer XJ250.

Still the same beautiful shape and styling but this time it’s black.

Fuel economy isn’t the greatest but we can guarantee that it’ll make it to end of stage 1.

For pictures of the RS2500 please visit….RS2500

2 Likes

if i done the math right
car weight 1200 KG that means 5% is 60
60 liter of fuel tank with a fuel economy of 11 liter per 100 KM

20% of 11 liter is about 13 liter per 100 kilometer

so it should made it 300 kilometers with only 39 liters. which means only 21 liter still remains

1 Like