The 1990 Taxi Competition

After 2,5 years absence, I am back in Automation. Before re-starting my ATC contest, I want to get back into the game with something else.

Since taxi fleets are mostly uniform (Ford Crown Victoria, Chevrolet Caprice, Mercedes E-Class, just to name a few evergreens in taxi service) it makes sense for the countrys to make a contest.

Since the Iron Curtain has been fallen in 1990, we are able to recieve participants from all over the world. Gasmea and Frunia are searching for their new taxi!

Both countries have different ideas of their perfect taxi. You see the requirements here as welll as the formula to crown the king of Taxis.

As you see, you might need to propose two different cars, as it is hard to meet the regulations of both countrys at once (I failed trying).

An idea is:

[(Price x Fuel consumption) + (Comfort value x reliability value)] x (drivability value x interior space) / (Automation Test track Lap time x another track).

How do you think about that? Competition will be open for entries after I have finished my thoughts about the formula.

GASMEA MINIMUM VALUES
drivability:40
comfort: 27
safety: 40
practicality: 35
utility: 15
reliability: 50
seats: 5
environmental resistance: 50

GASMEA MAXIMUM VALUES
consumption in L/100 KM: 13,5
emissions: 1000
loundness: 46
maintenance cost: 850 $
price at 0%: 17.000 $
octane: 91 RON

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS REQUIRED IN GASMEA.

FRUNIA MINIMUM VALUES
drivability:40
comfort: 20
safety: 50
practicality: 30
utility: 10
reliability: 46
seats: 5
environmental resistance: 40

FRUNIA MAXIMUM VALUES
consumption in L/100 KM: 10,0
maintenance cost: 700 $
emissions: 1250
loudness: 50
price at 0%: 14.200 $
octane: 91 RON

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS NOT REQUIRED, BUT ALLOWED IN FRUNIA.

6 Likes

Interesting challenge.

2 Likes

imo having a formula heavily provokes min-maxxing the vehicles

i’d suggest making it more CSR-like without disclosing any formulae upfront

maybe put some tips like:
“Fruinians need less power than Gasmeans cuz blah.”

4 Likes

I’m going to try and make something for the Gasmeans since they give me a more variety to choose from.

Not sure if I’m the only one struggling to meet gasmean enviornmental resistance standards. Seems borderline impossible to do without the use of corrosion resistant steel.

@CMT - Saloon or estate? Does it matter?

Body type does not matter at all. I guess Wagon, Van and sedan are a good choice

gonna make a taxi that can Hopefully work in both areas
well dam I could not get enough safety for fruitina

I might go down a little if it is really that hard.

1 Like

welp here is mah entry for gasmia
Variro - TaxYEET.car (32.7 KB)

Blaire - New Car.car (26.4 KB)

1984-1990 Blaire New Car ready for service

It is certainly possible, however in my opinion it would be better suited to around 40, as that gives us more options to make it than just corrosion resistant steel, such as putting on offroad skidplates, using semi-monocoque, etc.

Are Automation stats the only judging metric?

As well, you may want to chill with the hard stat limits and add some ET/PU limits. Take a look at the Car Shopping Round (CSR).

All rules and minimum/maximum specs are still WIP. But I like that I already got the first cars. Nothing is really thought to end, I will listen to your comments and see if some things need a rework. As there is no deadline, all cars proposed already can get a rework if necessary. This is a friendly competition that lives from fun and not from rules

I don’t see an issue with the current regulations. I managed to make a car for both regions without too much stress…now there’s the styling. :open_mouth:

Wait when’s the deadline?

There is none by now. I would say March 15.

This evening I will tell you more about the evaluation of the entries. I have a few good ideas to share with you.

1990 DMV Quasar Taxi (Gasmea Entry)

DMV Quasar - Fleet Taxi.car (31.7 KB)

Will edit in Fruinia entry upon completion

Marquez SS - B-Spec 120i5.car (26.3 KB)
, my entry for both regions

50 safety is quite hard for me. Strange…