The Automation Photo Editing Competition [Round 5]

lol

Time for a second round of

Final Entry

https://i.imgur.com/zdaPoji.png

Xavier Llobet and Rocco Martell are back again, bringing the Enso tuned Znopresk Zeta 1.7 XSX.

Once again, the European tuner company infamous for their extensive portfolio of modified BMMAs, Erins and Znopresks as well as a memorable performance in the Great Automation Run brings out a new piece to highlight the timelessness of the Zeta design. With sleeker lights, wider fenders, flush stance look, a modern carbonfibre diffuser and an exposed exhaust system, the Zeta is catapulted from the early 90s straight to a near cyberpunk-esque look, taking on a commanding presence despite it’s size.

12 Likes

Hey everyone! Here to remind you guys that I will close the competition in a little bit under an hour and a half. Please submit your entries before 00:00 GMT!

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

Voting will end tomorrow at 00:00 GMT.

Please vote for only one entry.

0 voters

Also, now that the competition is in the voting stages, any comments and feedback for the artists I’m sure would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

(whoops)

Voting has officially ended!

Of our 15 votes for this round, the first round winner goes to…

@ramthecowy!

There will be a new brief tomorrow at 00:00 GMT chosen by @ramthecowy.

Final voting breakdown:
12 votes - @ramthecowy
2 votes - @Chickenbiscuit
1 vote - @Mr.Computah

6 Likes

hahah holy shit this might be the first time I’ve won something outright after 2 years of second places

Thanks everyone, appreciate your support, again, have to extend my thanks to Andrea for lending me the car. I do have to admit this was a very simple but distinctive PS job, the two other options were way too hard to attempt within the time I had. Anyway, I’ve passed on my idea for the next round to Evan, so good luck to all again.

2 Likes

Round 2 - Multiple Exposure

@ramthecowy’s winning entry from last week.

Welcome to the second round of the APEC. Our theme this week is presented by last week’s winner @ramthecowy; the theme he provided was “multiple exposure photography.” Here’s what he has to say…

“Grappling with the basics of learning to use photoshop is time consuming and difficult but eventually as you gain expertise you look for new challenges, new looks. I never really got into art formally but am quite interested in getting into it, so I just wanted to see what artsy things you guys could come up with”

Examples

Original ruleset

Deadline: 26th of March, 2018, 00:00 GMT

3 Likes

Final Entry

The car is a modified version of a Brivo Roma from @CadillacDave.

“Background” image is of a skyline of Chicago

6 Likes

Can I put in more than one car in the picture, or should it be the same car?

1 Like

You can do whatever you want @goblin95.

3 Likes

My entry.

The people are the casts from “The Making of the Mob: New York”.
Scenery in blood is the New York city skyline.

7 Likes

Hope nobody forgot; deadline is this upcoming Monday!

Definitely didn’t just make this after I saw your post…

FINAL ENTRY

Which James Bond movie is that car from?
Yes.

7 Likes

Voting will end tomorrow at 00:00 GMT.

Please vote for only one entry.

Any comments and feedback for the artists would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Voting has officially ended!

Of our 14 votes for this round, the first round winner goes to…

@goblin95!

There will be a new brief tomorrow at 00:00 GMT chosen by @goblin95.

Final voting breakdown:
7 votes - @goblin95
5 votes - @Chickenbiscuit
2 votes - @Fayeding_Spray

4 Likes

Woo-hoo! Thank you so much to everyone for your support, and in extension to @MONARCH for the base car (I believe I haven’t been crediting you enough for it lately, sorry!). It was really fun playing around with masking tools in this round, and it was not very difficult to execute either. I’ll think of a theme that doesn’t need advanced shopping skills but still open for creative interpretation.

2 Likes

Round 3 - Crossing Eras

@goblin95’s winning entry from last week.

Welcome to the third round of the APEC. Our theme this week is presented by last week’s winner @goblin95; the theme he provided was “Same Place, Different Time.” Here’s what he has to say…

“I’ve always been fascinated by these kinds of pictures, where you align an old-timey photo to the same location but shot in present time, giving a contrasting effect. It’s interesting to see how much things have changed between those two pictures.”

Examples

Original ruleset

A special tip from @goblin95

“If you don’t mind me dropping external links, Overlay21 has tremendously helped me in aligning cars in photo mode to real-life scenes (though the free version is very much a nagware making it a little annoying to use).”

Deadline: 12th of April, 2018, 00:00 GMT
19th of April, 2018, 00:00 GMT

Challenge has been overridden due to a lack of entries.

4 Likes

6 day warning for the deadline!

Seems a little quiet here, huh?

Due to a lack of entries, I’ll extend the deadline a week until April 19th, 2018.

1 Like

Huh.

This is awkward.

• Extend the deadline another week
  • Hold the competition until people find time to make something
  • Ask the previous winner to think of another theme

0 voters

I would make something for this, but with doing digital art stuff for school, I never feel like it when I get home. It is a good challenge though. I surprised more people haven’t jumped in on it the past few rounds.