The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

we’re exchanging how we’re gonna do it and a few idea right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done guys. Top marks across the board. And to be in the top 5 is humbling. Thank u @Killrob for the let’s play and YouTube tutorials and thank u Der_Bayer for a interesting round and your hard work

your car was the chiropractor’s best buddy

1 Like

Nice work! Congrats on first place!!! :laughing:

Okay. Just an update.

The longer we discuss, the deeper we go. And such, we might take a little more time to prepare.

All i can say is, we’re trying to leverage the advantage of splitting the work.

1 Like

I fondly remember the last time you hosted a round: you played the role of a CEO looking for an executive luxury car, and @AirJordan won that round. With @Rk38 to help you, I hope your task of defining the rules for this round will be made easier - and congratulations to both of you for winning!

Incidentally, the upcoming round is the first one with two hosts…

1 Like

I hope your task of defining the rules for this round will be made easier

Ahahahahahhahah. Not likely. I’m intending to keep the amount of work the same, but since there’s 2of us, the result will hopefully double in both quality and content

Okay, this will give you guys a hint of where we are thinking of taking things into the upcoming round. :wink:

12 Likes

I could be over-analyzing the image a bit, but with the simulated scanlines, retro-styled ‘chrome’ letters, and neon-pink ‘coming soon’, I predict we’re building something from the 80’s.

2 Likes

SYNTHWAVE CAR!!!

1 Like

Judging by the look of the poster, we could be asked to design some 80s classics for the first time since @Sebesseg hosted a round a few months ago. @koolkei won that round, which was very unsurprising to me.:slight_smile:

That’s very Vice City…are we making an 80s car that’s made to be cruised along the waterfront at Miami Beach?

hahahahaha okay. the poster is a bit more misleading that i initially thought it would.

though, the dirt and sand part is pretty close

lol yeah, well don’t worry folks all will become clear soon.

I sense the 80s start to the SUV craze.

I am in favor of this round being set in the 80s - it’s been done twice before, and the first time it happened, as I have told you earlier, @koolkei won with a car which was basically the Continental GT of its time (twin-turbo V12 luxury coupe). That era was also when Group B took off, then crashed and burned (literally), to be replaced by Group A, which had already been in use as a touring car formula for some time by then. The second round to be set in the 80s was about building a cheap car for developing countries with at least 0 (not negative) quality in everything. But the poster also taught me that the next round will actually feel more like the former…

Reminds me of the font used for the title of the first couple of Test Drive games. Boy those were the days. They featured some of the hottest and most legendary cars that remain so to this day… Countach, F40, Testarossa, 911 Turbo, Esprit Turbo, ZR-1, Yellowbird… Not to mention all the classic muscle. But I digress.

I just spent the better part of an hour drifting an F40 around Nurburgring GP in Assetto Corsa, so I may be high on digital fumes

1 Like

look, i’m gonna enter a Miami Vice reject for this challenge, no matter what the rubric.

yup. that teasing after teasing after teasing are working isn’t it?