The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

2 Likes

rubber + foursome. could mean a 4some with condoms or just a set of car tireā€¦ either way, if one is broken you could lose a life, but if the other one is broken, you could get a life :stuck_out_tongue:

if you know what i mean

2 Likes

Yeah, and if you donā€™t have a rubber in a foursome (or any sexual partner of unknown medical status), you could contract actually nasty STI iscwhat ibwas getting at!

i think you just missed the joke

THE JOKE ---->

@stropā€™s Head

Oh, so we could get a wickedly tuned Subaru out of this deal? (yes, I get the actual meaning, I just had to be the joker)

3 Likes

No no, Iā€™m saying you missed my joke :joy:

Well this just got weird.

2 Likes

Weirdness aside, thereā€™s 2 1/2 hours to go until deadline. Iā€™m going to get a quick presentation writeup together and wait for the vote to close. Iā€™ll post pretty soon after the deadline because after that, Iā€™m going to bed lol.

2 Likes

So from the sounds the write up will be ā€œhalf these cars are great and the other half and their builders mysteriously vanished over night. We can only assume Tommy was displeased with them.ā€

1 Like

At least in the case of Luke, missing one chassis unit isnā€™t going to do much more than annoy him. Heā€™d be more upset by the loss of the car than one mostly-easy-to-replace chassis and some electronics.

Okay people, we have a minor problem. One voter (they donā€™t know who they are, because 99% likely they are either away or asleep), has submitted a not-quite-valid vote.

This vote likely breaks the deadlock, depending on how itā€™s fixed.

So should I:

• Discard the vote. This will allow me to proceed.
  • Wait for the vote to be fixed? This will delay the presentation by approximately 18 hours, as Iā€™ll have to wait until I get home from work.

0 voters

Very good, I shall proceed then!

Flanked by guards toting assault rifles, you step through the doors of the palatial residence of Vice Cityā€™s most legitimate and intimidating businessman, Mr Vercetti. His pet tiger (did he even have that last time you were in? How gauche) snarls at you, and nearly jumps off its chain before two retainers haul it back in line. Sweating bullets, you tread the impossibly plush carpet, through an impossibly large hall, and through the doors to his office. Tony, the man himself, still wearing his grenade bandolier, cocks an eyebrow at you through the thick roiling haze of smoke from the cigar he has perched between his teeth.

ā€œThank you for your interest,ā€ he starts. ā€œI tested your car, and hereā€™s what I think.ā€

Well! It looks like @phaleā€™s Vercetti Custom truly was made for Mr Vercetti, nabbing both the most votes, AND the most 1st votes. Interestingly, my car, while gaining as many votes, was not considered the top contender by anybody (except, I will note, the one user whose vote ended up invalid, sad. But also not so relevant, because Iā€™m precluded from winning this round anyway.) I will agree though that my car, while gaining points for being a visual remake of a modern take on the legend that actually graces Vice City, fell behind on stats due to the required compromises.

@HowlerAutomotiveā€™s Poseidon TT, with its striking front grille arrangement and superlative saloon appeal, was in a class of its own, at 2nd place. Technically, I goofed with the graph, and 3rd place actually goes to @Puffster, with more 2nd place votes.

Do note, most people did not vote for their own car! And I didnā€™t vote, because I could easily have manipulated my own vote to edge out phale on total votes, which would have been unfair and cheating.

Unfortunately it looks like a few people did surely leave the roomā€¦ and get thrown off the dock in nice new concrete shoes. You shall be missed!

Okay, Iā€™ll leave it to the tagged people to work out who hosts the next round. Weā€™ll be running strictly to time from now on, so do make sure you can guarantee you can fulfill hosting commitments!

9 Likes

wellā€¦ @phaleā€¦ it is your fate afterall.

congrats on technically winning 2 CSR rounds in a row.

This also marks the second time Iā€™ve technically come second to phale :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: uh, what am I talking about LOL. The other time I came second to Dragawn.

I MUST KNOW WHO VOTED MY CAR IN FIRST FOR I MUST THANK THEM!!!

4 Likes

Congratulations to @phale for being the first user to win consecutive rounds of this contest and also the first user to win three different CSR rounds! Whoever hosts the next round must not neglect the responsibilities that come with doing so.

I just had to vote for @phale simply because it was not only one of the best-looking cars, but also among the sportiest and most prestigious of the bunch. And its high drivability score made it easier for me - and others - to vote for it.

Now what will the next round be about? In terms of budget, we will almost certainly come back down to earthā€¦

Congrats to @phale another win and many thanks to @strop for stepping in at the last minute to save this round. Maybe someday weā€™ll hear the full story from @Kubboz. I also want to thank the two kind strangers who gave my car in first place vote! Now letā€™s hope this next round goes smoother with this new format in place.

4 Likes

Excellent job @phale, you truly earned the publicā€™s approval (and Mr Vercettiā€™s too it seems!)

2 Likes

Congratulations to @phale :slight_smile: Well built.

Big thanks to everybody who voted for the Poseidon TT. I have to say, there were so many good cars and so many clever approaches that it feels great to end up so high in the lineup.

In addition, to my mind, the top three rows of the excel table count as the ā€œthar be fixturesā€ zone of a purely speculative and theoretical treasure map, so the super saloon has fulfilled its specification with flying colours.

To avoid any potential delays, being second in line to host CSR21, I should say that unfortunately I would not have the time to run the next Round if phale were to bow out, due to out-of-internet commitments and the ongoing DBR.