The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Yes and no, I have a habit of refusing to use any interior with a comfort rating of more than “standard” :stuck_out_tongue: Ouroboros would probably still be considered a bit “Spartan” for these purposes.

To really win this, it does seem that this is most likely to be a GT round.

P.s. will have to work hard to win against stats Monster master phale… These kind of rules Play right into their hands…

1 Like

Being a robot, does Luke have emotions? Like if he sees a car of maybe feel its wibe and just know it’s the right one, or are his robobrains running only rational algorithms?
I have THE car but it won’t won any trump cards game, so if nothing irrational is possible I might do another build…

I am an android, and I do have some programming similar to emotions. I do, however, keep them in check most of the time, though some cars do have a certain draw to them.

3 Likes

Logic tells me to enter some groundbreaking 50 mpg hyper GT car that’ll do a sub-7 minute lap of the Green Hell.

Logic also tells me that that is very dull and that a) this is a good excuse to showcase the latest cars from Erin, b) I should try to enter something that, hopefully, no one else will be entering.

Hence, I present to you the Erin Tauga X 3.3 - the third generation of our compact sports sedan.

Let’s keep it quick: 417 hp 3.3l V6, 7 speed DCT gearbox mated to E-LSD, Alu/Steel Body/Chassis, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, top speed: 191 mph, 5 seats, 29 mpg.

Loves corners, goes fast, will happily do the school run. That’s all you need to know.

7 Likes

I’ve already got something just about perfect for this :smiley: Just needs a few modifications…

Awesome presentation! As one has come to expect from Erin. Now I’m really tempted to put the Sachiuri sL200 up to compare with the Tauga X. But logic tells me it’s not the smart thing to do…one of their higher spec models or a DHB vehicle would probably work better, in fact, I could probably tweak and resubmit my CSR19 entry…hmm, decisions, decisions.

Congrats to @Madrias for the win last round and I’m very much enjoying the new prompt! Thanks to @phale for hosting the last round it was refreshingly unique and although I never really had any intention of winning it was fun to hear the reviews.

3 Likes

I think any excuse to get Erin and Sachiuri to lock horns is a good one. Do it!

1 Like

With an estimated pre-markup price of $200k I am currently having to consider plenty of ideas, but are there any restrictions on engine placement?

Edit: Turns out there aren’t any, and since I already have a suitable engine, I am now trying to decide if placing it behind the occupants is better than putting it ahead of them.

why are you making a statement instead of ASKING???
since he also edited it. i’m also marking this as edited

There’s no restriction on engine placement. I’m comfortable driving most cars, regardless of front, mid, or rear engine.

1 Like

Can I join?

Absolutely! Everybody is welcome to submit as long as they look at the rules of the round. Speaking of which, I better update the OP…

1 Like

Great :slight_smile:

Supreme comfort.
Mean looks.
0-62mph in less than 3 sec.
0 compromises.
Top speed over 200mph.
Hasta la vista human peasants.

6 Likes

Lovely looking car. Is it a restomod or a retro-future style car?

there’s nothing wrong using old bodies in 2017. except safety but we die like real men

Thanks!

There is nothing classic left on this car apart from body shape so I guess a retro-future.

I hope even that will be taken in consideration. Safety number is quite low but come on hq carbon tub with advanced safety…how not safe could it be?

i mean you get safety and desireability punishment. its kinda bad for kit car makers

Presenting the 2017 Bogliq Ambassador!!

Latest tech, old world craftmanship and excellent fuel economy… The Ambassador is available only for those who want no compromises in their lives!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at all the entries, and while they all look to be very strong competitors, they don’t exactly deliver in the way of style, or beauty, or elegance. Allow me to address that issue.

EDIT: Higher quality photos.

8 Likes