The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

The new DSD Saratoga

Its not fast, Its not prestigious it’s too loud but it is the first DSD Concept car to make it into reality and it doesn’t have a turbo

8 Likes

DMA Engineering presents the future of grand touring, the new-for-2017 XT55-4. Its front-mounted twin-turbo 5.5-liter V12 sends well over 720 bhp via a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission to all four wheels with a 50/50 torque split, and its electronically controlled LSD allows for the inclusion of a “Drift Mode” for when you really want to cut loose. Progressive springs, semi-active dampers and active anti-roll bars provide an excellent mix of drivability, comfort and sportiness without the reliability and economy penalty of fully active springs. An active rear wing and flat floor allows the car to remain stable even at high speeds.

Inside you’ll find one of the finest luxury interiors in the grand touring category and a highly advanced infotainment system incorporating a heads-up display. High-quality advanced safety ensures that occupants (of which this vehicle can carry two - our client only actually needs that many) will most likely escape from even a severe crash unharmed. And yet, despite a curb weight of over two metric tons, this beast can still reach 217 mph and blast from 0 to 60 in just 2.8 seconds, all while returning surprising economy for such a powerful car. A very wide range of exterior colors (of which Skyfire Blue, as seen on the example shown here, is among them) and interior finishes are available, but if you want to, you can even specify your own color combinations at extra cost.

At a pre-markup estimated price of well under $70k (well under the $200,000 limit for this round) this masterpiece is priced to move - fast. If you’ve got it, flaunt it!

2 Likes

That rear remind me of TVR :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any Restrictions on Quality Sliders & Engineering time?
What’s Most & Least Important of the following: Drivability, Sportiness or Comfort?

No restrictions other than keeping it under the budget.

Drivability is most important, because I’d like to be able to cruise once in a while, and not always be battling my car. Between comfort and sportiness… If you could give both, that would be best, but if one has to suffer for the other, sportiness is of slightly less importance.

How much does being below budget matter to you?

1 Like

A car that manages to be as good or better than the competition for a lower price is always a good thing, but I’m also willing to pay more to get more. But, I’m not willing to spend more than $200,000 on a car.

Designed by anal-retentive megalomaniacs, for anal-retentive megalomaniacs. The GSI Warlock.

3 Likes

And that right there is my direct competitor currently for my planned submission lol!

3 Likes

similiar story. but cheaper and a bit more shitty… i’m not aiming to win this time. just wanting a novel approach

For 2017 Ventnor has resurrected the Sovereign!

Hypercar performance, uncompromising luxury inside, and an engine that started out in a pickup truck fifteen years ago.

With some minor changes since then.

2 Likes

Breaking character to update on who’s cars I have right now. With the deadline on the 11th, I figure now’s as good a time as any to give an update.

Passed Inspection:
lordvader1
CamKerman
DeusExMackia
TheUltimateD00M
AirJordan
HighOctaneLove
Darkshine5
abg7
oppositelock
BobLoblaw

Pending Revision
rcracer11m (Wrong build year)

If you’re not in this list, I don’t have your car yet.

3 Likes

That Sovereign looks ace - I actually considered building a coupe or sedan with at least four seats just like you did until I realized that the extra seating capacity was merely a recommendation than an actual requirement.

The question is how much a recommendation? I dropped two seats in CSR17 when it was recommended and while my entry was the best driving machine, the benefit gained over the two other 4 seaters in the top three wasn’t enough to justify giving it the win.

Hence my current conundrum (provided I get time to finish testing). It’s not as easy getting a 4 seater luxury GT car to have true hypercar performance as it is a 2 seater but at the same time, a 4 seater is far more versatile for use and the brief did start with “a car that does everything” so…

actually…

based on that statement… i just released the perfect car for this round on my company thread… haven’t i…

#Mott Works Aqueos
###A legendary name revived

215+mph
500+hp
33mpg
The ultimate grand touring vehicle

3 Likes

That is one of the craziest cars you have ever submitted in this contest! Does any car manufacturer in real life build a 4-liter V12 which can rev to >10000 RPM? Nobody does, but I’m glad you did - and wrapped it up in a seductively gorgeous bodyshell with all-composite construction, all-wheel-drive, and a hand-made interior, among other things!

Greetings, Luke.

Diamond Automotive would like to present to you the one-off Diamond Quartz Storm! It is based on the Diamond Quartz Gold andt has been tuned for more power and better driving dynamics, as well as being painted in your own Storm Automotive Twilight Blue High Gloss for a truly personalised appearance.

Let’s begin the tour of the car from the exterior… Visually, there is no difference from the Gold trim it used to be except for the larger wheels and the custom paint. You’ve got a sleek and stylish coupe that looks like it came straight from the future. It’s entirely made of carbon fibre for improved performance and economy while the double wishbone suspension on all wheels provides an excellent balance between comfort and driving dynamics.

Moving to the high quality hand-crafted cabin, there is plenty of space to comfortably seat four adults in the utmost luxury. A luxurious infotainment system has screens for every passenger and a heads-up display while the 21 speakers will delight your sound receptors with their exquisite quality. All driver assists are also provided along with the best safety features available at this time. This is truly the future of travelling.

Moving on to the performance aspects of the car, you’ll find a naturally aspirated 5.0L DOHC V12 under the hood that produces 681 hp and 420 ft-lb of torque while revving up to 9600 RPM. This is enough for the rear wheels to propel this 1.7 tonne car to 100 km/h in 3.9 seconds and to a top speed of 422 km/h. It also achieves 31 MPG in no small part due to the aerodynamics while the carbon ceramic brakes will bring it to a stop from 100 km/h in less than 29 meters.

We believe that the Diamond Quartz Storm is the perfect car for you, as we’ve worked hard to achieve a balance of comfort, prestige, drivability, and sportiness all while offering excellent fuel economy for such a car. All things considered, $173,400 is a bargain for so much car.

4 Likes

when you have money to waste. buy this a 7 seater hyper suv

4 Likes

Presenting The JHW Sol Invictus: Probably The Fastest Lounge In The World

3 Likes