The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Enry said he’ll get it in shortly, like in a few hours

Hopefully that’s good enough.

Here are the full stats for my entry, in case anyone missed them:

1 Like

Ok Enry’s given me a list of the DQs and the top three. To quote the post with minor edits for tags and format only (text is verbatim):

List of DQ’d entries:

• @lordvader1 '00 LVC-coupe (Disqualified, Wheelbase over 2,50m)
  • @Denta : '98 Pragata Asara Turbo R (Disqualified, Price >7500, Safety <40)
  • @koolkei & @ramthecowy : '01 Komodo Kuma (Disqualified, Comfort <25)
  • @TheUltimateD00M '95 DMW-glider (Disqualified, Avg.Reliability <70)
  • @phale '01 Misty (Disqualified, Price >7500) (This one is very close, 7560, and it might be a slight variation on my end, as the provided images state a legal price.)
  • @BobLoblaw '03 Petoskey Montauk SB (Disqualified, Price >7500)
  • @Starfish94 '02 Saminda C3R (Disqualified, Price >7500)
  • @dracoautomations: '95 dac-smally (Disqualified, Safety <40)
  • @AirJordan: '00 Smooth Vox-S (Disqualified, Price >7500)
  • @CamKerman: '03 Vanguard Metro VII (Disqualified, Avg.Reliability <70, Safety <40)

They’re 10 out of 26, that’s quite impressive.

As for my personal top 3, in no particular order:

• You, with the Matteo Miglia De Silva

There’s a huge list of DQs so I think for the entries where price was the only issue, it’s worth going back over the prices especially and working out the proper depreciation just to be sure we haven’t misunderstood horribly. This means @phale, @BobLoblaw, @Starfish94, and @AirJordan. As for the others please double check whether your DQ reason was correct.

The other headache this produces is that if entries were DQed on the basis of unreliable exporting we should simply go to poll as the results will otherwise not include actually eligible cars and that would be unfair. If none of the entries DQed are actually legit, we could go with the list Enry provided.

Thoughts?

1 Like

2000 Canada Motors Erie EL

I’m perfectly fine with Enry’s list :slight_smile: Might want to specify an order though, unless two of the three are willing to pass.

Edit: Also, I just checked and my car is now more expensive with the new update. It was under the limit before. But yeah, I’m still fine with Enry’s top 3 :wink:

when 7 centimeters DQ’s you, we could make a pool and vote

Someone posted the prices we should follow for specific year and I did that. That means I got DQed because I did not do calculations myself, which is… actually a fair game.
Still shame so much work and not even a blurb…
However I’m good with accepting and voting for all (even dqs) or just top 3.

I’ll get my stats done ASAP

PANIC!!!

1 Like

this should suffice, i hope.

I’m very happy that Enry put my car on the top 3, and I was already intending to pass the hosting duties in case I won, so if people agree with his judgement, it should be between @strop and @rcracer11m to decide who’s going to host the next round.

I’m also for voting out of Enry’s top 3 list. It would make things easier and also be fairer in terms of competition since those are the preferred ones.

Vote out of the Top 3, personally. They’re the ones Enry preferred, and a vote between three means it’s faster. Sure, it excludes cars that were otherwise legal, but, guess what, I know what it feels like. So yes, I’m voting that if, by some reason, you got pinched, take it on the chin. I got nailed once for sending in a Beta car in Stable, I’ve been walloped in other challenges for sending a Stable car in Beta.

So, yeah, vote out of the Top 3. It just makes more sense, honestly. We only get one vote, the three cars are displayed, and the community picks the next guy to run a round.

Lol tbh I’m also planning to pass on hosting for this round. So essentially we’d be voting if everybody’s happy to nominate @rcracer11m for the next round master. If rcracer11m really wants to pass, then I can do something so we won’t be left hanging.

@lordvader1 : that doesn’t count, your rule breaking was as flagrant as somebody saying “stop” and you go :joy:

2 Likes

I should be able to host the next round, it’ll probably take me until sunday to actually get it up but that should help give me time for reviewing next weekend.

2 Likes

I would be very happy to give @rcracer11m the win. Of the cars with posted stats, the Apollo is the one I would choose, even over my own :wink: I tried to build a car like it and I legitimately could not match the stats, so I’m very impressed!

With Strop and Leo both passing, then I’m also for rcracer11m hosting the next round.

1 Like

HOORAY!!!