The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

What’s the easiest way to know which parts require a medium factory?

No idea. Just hover your cursor over it to see if the pop-up dialog says something.

year??

Trim must be 2016

Just as a quick epilogue, the results of the poll are in to mark the beginning of the next round. It was just about as close as you can get!

• [color=brown]3rd- yours truly: Matteo Miglia De Silva[/color] fuck me I just can’t seem to win at my own contest :joy:
  • [color=grey]2nd- rcracer11m: Mott Works Apollo[/color] small but mighty but still pipped by a single vote!
  • [color=gold]1st- Leonardo9613: Ikkonagashi Sport 1170S[/color] too clever, too cool, too much temptation

I’ll record the results accordingly and away we go!

4 Likes

in short
build a perfect race car with trim 2016
any body
max 20000 with @50%

Here’s a few Questions:

1. Is it Advanced Safety at any quality, or above 0?
  2. Can we be a few points out (say 14.6 comfort) on stats?
  3. Sweetspot for wheelspin?
  1. I’ll allow any quality, although it may not be advisable to use negative quality
  2. Nope, limits are limits
  3. Some, how high you go is up to you with how it affects drivability

questions
should we make race ready race cars

or just cars that later will be made into race cars

Race ready cars. They are to be sold as racing cars, and as such do not need to be road legal.

so fuel economy can be ignored i guess

The fuel economy stat given can be ignored however i will look at the fuel usage graph in the engine designer to see how efficient it is at high rpm where it will be used.

what range of horsepower are you looking for

This is probably something that will be determined by the very restrictive budget and other minimum considerations.

you are right im just not sure what to use high revving nasp or turbo

That’s totally my first question. Depends on what body you go for, I feel, because the weight will also be a factor.

I suspect everybody’s going to go quite small. I know I would. Less material = less trickery required to make a drivable fast car. It means lower top speed but better cornering. Safety will be an issue but since the stipulation is advanced only, maybe this isn’t so much an issue.

Now I notice that only the trim year is 2016, does this mean model year can be anything? (Though the wisdom this is questionable, the tradeoffs are high).

Yup any model year is accepted but the trim year must be 2016, which does allow you to use a previously made car and just make a specific trim to use in the competition.

2 Likes

#2016 Eduar XXV

The Eduar XXV, a great machine, made in low-volume for Spec Racing. Most Eduar cars were more Stock Car in spec, with large V8s, Superchargers, and long wheel bases.

The XXV was different. Being the 25th model, the XXV was very different. With a 1.2L V6 (making 111hp) mounted in the rear, a table mounted on the bootlid, and rather nice (imo) itallian-esque styling on the front. Currently one test model has been made, and sent to the relevant persons. Now, gaze upon the XXV in it’s racecar looks!

5 Likes

DSDR Pacific coming soon…

4 Likes

4000th post woooot!

so… ladder vs space frame… is there any actual significant benefit going with ladder other than cost?