The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Nope. Making a race car with a ladder frame. lololololololol

1 Like

I might take that as a gauntlet being thrown down, Iā€™ll see if I have time to build something this week ;).

1 Like

You can use glued aluminum monocoque as well.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :wink:

EDIT: hmmm hereā€™s a draft number 1

It certainly wonā€™t have the most power but that lovely weight distribution catches my eyeā€¦

2 Likes

Fuel type?

91RON. The stated economy is not great. But the top end economy is not bad, I guess?

Iā€™m posting because I frankly have no idea what the best approach is or even what kind of stats would be considered adequate, but letā€™s say that this car is a bit too comfortable despite having basic interior and zero entertainmentā€¦

Any fuel type is allowed but keep in mind the added cost of higher octane fuel. Also strop is right I will not look at the economy stat, but will look at the engine economy graph as the engines will mostly be used at high rpm.

damn reaching 20000 with 50% means i need to use negative quality sliders. cut expenses where ever i can

Iā€™m mostly doneā€¦just that safety sliderā€¦ Because Iā€™m building a light car (strop is building a fatso ha ha), the urge to submerge the slider to -15 is highā€¦ but I guess that would compromise my scores quite a lot. So Iā€™m not quite finished yetā€¦

i have a car. it may or may not be a 3 pot.

I Have something Currently, just waiting to submit in case I Decide to make some Changes.
1965 Chassis, 1988 Engine, 2016 Trim, 1250cc N/A I4. I Attempted to use the Current Legend Car as a Base (Never Seen Let alone Race one IRL, Only in iRacing.)

With the vehicle I am considering for entry in this round, I have not needed to use negative quality sliders anywhere, and have even managed to use +1 quality on advanced safety, while still remaining under budget, retaining a favorable drivability/sportiness ratio and having comfort to spare. But can we use semi-slick tires for this round? Especially since I am considering using them for my entry, which currently weighs in at just under 0.9 metric tons (or 900kg).

i have no negative sliders. nada. zip.

Just Figured Iā€™d Add This For People not really into Racing or Just donā€™t know what a Legend Car is:

Ohhhhh I did not even pay attention it says legend racing :disappointed_relieved: Thanks, that changes A LOT at my endā€¦ I was trying to do a better miata cup carā€¦

the dilemma

use driving assistance
or
donā€™t use driving assistance

You can but keep in mind that semi slicks are more expensive than other compounds

1 Like

confirm this is the legend car we need to build? @rcracer11m

You dont have to make a new legends car, your goal is just to build a new spec racing car it does not have to relate to legends at all.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification
@AirJordan I guess you can ignore that wiki article from earlier, and go back to your original car. Or keep a new one, whatever floats your boat.