The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

A+ marketing strategy for the 180k market :joy:

btw any answers to my query? I’d love to use nice big fat 395 rears (because you kind of need that much to deal with about 2000bhp). But if I can only use 335, well, I do have that covered (and a drivability of almost enough, haha).

1 Like

Solo Motors Co. would like the present the 2017 Solo Lightning SM V8!

The Lightning is a carbon fibre mid-engine supercar with pushrod suspension and active wings that retails for 174,500.

It’s powered by a twin-turbo 5.5L V8 producing 987 hp and 684 lb-ft of torque transferred to all four wheels through a 7-speed double clutch transmission. 0-100 km/h takes 2.3 seconds and the top speed is 403 km/h. It also runs on 95 RON and achieves 20 mpg.

Inside, you’ll find a good quality premium interior with standard infotainment system, allowing for plenty of comfort without too much weight. Advanced safety if of course part of the package, as well as all the driver assists which can be disabled.

11 Likes

yeah i wanted to make it bit funny everyone’s too serious around

btw what query im bit confused now

Oh that was a general one to ask what width tyres the big supercar body (with the one piece skyroof) could house on the rear, because I modified mine and wanted to know if it was ratified or I need to fix it.

I used the LT body and that only allowed a 325 rear end so I’d go with it hasn’t been updated if I were you @strop.

325??? I thought it was 335… Damn. Well I can handle that I suppose!

i used 265 rear 200 front

Thats a lot of stagger

My original version of Jörmungandr (yes, the serpent that heralds Ragnarok), had 395, 265 :joy: Because I’m going back to original spec, the one I’m submitting will probably have 335, 255.

But hey, it’s a supercar, if anything the rears should be broader than that! But the body wouldn’t allow such. And I refuse to use AWD (will make for hilarious fun times).

1 Like

F…k, another great name (after Sleipnir) from Nordic mythology occupied by GG :unamused: And I planned to name one of the Hyperas exactly that…

that’s what happens when one of your main employees is a ‘Viking’ :joy:

Of course that doesn’t stop you from trying to stake claim to the name. The question is can you out-Jormungandr my giant apocalyptic serpent? :stuck_out_tongue:

This post will be edited when I get around to revealing the car proper, but this will be close enough to what I submit:

The safety and the single wing are not GG’s style… the GG approved version has a larger budget, over 2048bhp, and runs 395 rears, and is therefore at least 5% faster on the track but also harder to drive :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Well, my Jormungandr was planned to be produced in 1992-2000, so… I doubt it :smiley: But, hmm, Hypera is focused rather on the track times, not top speed, so, maaaybe in that department.

This body, being a bus, is disturbingly capable on the track. Even with nearly 2000bhp, the car’s capable of going down Haruna downhill in just about 4 minutes :joy:

GG tuned Jormungandr on sports (all weather) tyres will do Green Hell in 6:33ish. I’ll get around to proper revealing stats when I have time (a.k.a. never).

So that’s me with Hyperas:

1 Like

I avoided the body for a long time due to tyres being too narrow… but it just proves if you throw a huge engine in a big enough body to have ludicrous power figures it will overcome many limitations.

that thing… look anthromorphically stereotypical asian…

Are you saying it’s slit-eyed? :joy:

it looks like a stereotypical japanese when smiling. wide smile with slit eyes. so yeah… :joy:

Then there is hope for Hypera… If I solve some problems with my lore that creates :stuck_out_tongue:

TIME TO RECONSIDER MY STYLING CUES :joy: