The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

#+

#=

##i’m really sorry…

[spoiler] WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!![/spoiler]

12 Likes

and i cant get 7:30 for green hell what do i do wrong

plus only 700bhp. With a body like that your car must weigh something close to 2 tons too. Mine has a power to weight ratio of something like 1100bhp:ton :joy:

2 Likes

mine weighs 1.6tons-ish… with handmade interior and luxury stuff, even with quality points on them

A smidge shy of 2000 kg, but I’ve got plenty of power and AWD.

and here I am running 1330kg on my current build with more comfort than strop

I’m using a sports interior and basic infotainment with a few tech points on it. I’m not here for comfort, I’m here for the 500km/h hypercar.

3 Likes

Only way I’m gonna beat you around a track is if I can put a jet engine in the Taipan.

Taipan needs some serious aero and suspension first to cope with the kind of forces speed will generate to that much bodyweight

question… what is hypercar and what is supercar then?

there’s 2 major approach i see here.
super luxury super performance cars.
and just pure extreme performance without the luxury cars.

which kind of cars are we supposed to build?

abg7 stipulated a minimum drivability and comfort, but the way I interpreted the brief was he wanted a car that was capable of going super fast but also capable of being a daily, but didn’t really need all the creature comforts although hey that might be nicer than a real sport car if he was going to live with it. Basically what I thought was a modern hypercar.

Actually no I don’t really care what I think about the brief, I just want a legitimate excuse to run a 500km/h hypercar with actual semblance of street manners.

5 Likes

Well, for this, I had to detune the car from the +15 quality shitfest it was because that wouldn’t fit in the budget unaltered. That, and the Taipan in unaltered form is… not very comfortable. It was designed to do one thing, and that thing was to beat a certain set of numbers from an old challenge run long ago. Which it did quite well.

i’m just over 2000kg, but over 1000hp

1 Like

515hp broom broom…

1 Like

when you are into nasp life

Model 1.zip (23.4 KB)

7 Likes

Currently have a 600hp N/A and a 850+hp TT version of same engine. Still deciding my approach.

depends how did you tune it. smooth turbo delivery or a laggy one

850hp for the turbo one and 600hp for the N/A one sounds like a smooth turbo. Then take the turbo.

I’m also trying to keep it rwd… and lightweight…

I am making another venture into the world of the CSR, this time from my Japanese company ‘Shimatsu’, the entrant is more like a 2 seater GT with supercar performance and hatchback practicality thanks to the 3 door nature, this car also features a windshield that goes all the way back behind the doors, thus eliminating the need for a heavy sunroof. The engine (well I should really call it a masterpiece of precision engineering) is an 8.0l v12 producing 980bhp exactly, this engine also features our patented since our return to production in 1980 FreeFlow performance style intake, producing more power and a richer sound than other intakes. At Shimatsu, we take pride in our home country of Japan and since our inception in 1962, all of our cars have been named after places in Japan, with our new car being named the Aioi, a small town along the Sanyo Shinkansen route, the Aioi name has been around since the late 90s now and can trace its roots even further to 1962 with our first model taking the name after the birthplace of our founder and CEO until 2009 Hirigami Shimatsu and the site of our first factory. Your test model is in Black Satin, a colour we are only producing 2230 cars in. Here are some stats- Engine- 8.0 v12- 980bhp and some torque
Speed- 0-62 in 2.5s-223.1mph
Interior and equipment- Premium+3 and Luxury HUD+3

3 Likes