The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

The evolution of Kimura’s 2017 F1 Lineup has just began…

7 Likes

The TwoFourtyFive: By JHW

This is a car that achieves insane goals with insane methods. let me explain:

The engine powering this Highly Luxurious, 2010kg, all aluminium supercar is a 5.0, Twin Turbo V6.

So, you might be thinking the power is 600hp, maybe 700 at a push?

Nope.

1039hp, 695ft-lbs, 11.45l/100km, and 18.4 emmisions rating. so it’s bonkers fast, whilst being highly wallet friendly.

0-62mph is dealt with in just 2.7s, thanks to a culmination of our top of the line chassis and driveline elements.

and what does that name mean? thats the top speed.

yep, a V6 that does 245mph

and what will this slice of supersonic luxury cost you? $161k.

thats it.

grab an order form today!

4 Likes

I know I said this already but… XJ245!!! With Koenigsegg levels of specific output!

wanna know something scary? My entry is somehow more economical… Must be the aero

2 Likes

This is a ridiculously overpriced Buffalo, only for the most discerning customers. basically a hopped up grand tourer this AWD V12 powered beast is ready to eat up highways, returning 26 US mpg, it’s 769hp engine is quiet even when pushed, barely audible inside the well damped cabin, the 7 speed sequential is quick shifting and silky smooth but is barely needed, this motor makes over 500lbft of torque from idle to redline, 75MPH is done with easy just ticking over at 1900rpms, but bury your foot to the firewall and this 2 ton monster will propel you past 200mph in about 35 seconds and on to a top speed of 220mph. it’s so comfortable you can use it everyday if you wanted.

3 Likes

Well, the body you used is one of the most aerodynamically efficient in the game, so…

######Off-topic BTW - but I still got better results in terms of the track time with a beefed up Niddhogg :D. (despite about 500hp less) But that’s not so strange, as this body can’t achieve the same levels of downforce and grip as the Aero one.

believe me, it took a LOT of work to get 200hp per litre and not have it undrivable. and now it’s 45, so thats about as good as i can hope for lol

V8… MOHV… 455ci… Naturally Aspirated… rated at 620hp…

soon…

2 Likes

Looking at what I see, I think my car has been blown away by every conceivable measure.

Published confidential material:

Leaked photocopy:

Printer status: cyan ink depleted

Printer status: printing job aborted by user
7 Likes

With an F1-designed 3 Liter Twin-Turbocharged V8 producing over 600 HP, specific output is an insane 200 HP/L. And with the engine redlining at a stratospheric 10,500 RPM, the sky truly is the limit for Kimura’s new halo car.

12 Likes

Well yeah, the truth is that body, while surprisingly capable, is really capable because of big engine capacity and despite its dimensions. Even altering the bones to allow 395 rears, its maximum track potential is still somewhat less than the smaller bodies, that is, if the track is anything more than minimally technical and has tight bends.

It does have an abnormally strong downforce level for the body, though. I barely need one wing and one lip to have downforce.

Lots of amazing marketing work being done here :smiley:

HOW?!?!?!

@titleguy1 “Marketing has just hit DEFCON 2, I repeat, marketing just went to DEFCON 2”
Also that F1 livery is amazing.

@JohnWaldock Just want to echo @strop’s comments, the TwoFourtyFive really is a modern day XJ220. Cannot wait to see how that does in the final reviews.

@nialloftara How the heck did you get 78 comfort?! Are you using a luxury interior or something? Styling of the Buffalo is also properly good. Not sure it’s what I’d call GT car (or suped-up GT car) styling but it’s bedroom wallpaper material :thumbsup:

@BobLoblaw Join the club :blush:

2 Likes

Look at all this cars , SWEET JESUS.

2 Likes

I’ll go a different approach. mid engine. 4 cylinder turbo car, basically successor to the mr2
the only thing that separate us is the price tag. its 98000 $

4 Likes

78 sport, only 70 comfort.
I wanted this version to have a automatic rather than a dual clutch, that version had a 76 comfort but the sport took too big a hit for this contest down to 68, I played around with smaller turbo engines and a larger 10 liter v8 with more power but I wanted a balanced car with all scores above 70, which is why I’m calling it a GT, it’s gearing, torque split, and suspension setups are more for ease of use than flat out performance. With a close ratio stick shift and a hotter cam setting I could have shaved several seconds off the lap time and pushed the sport score into the mid 80’s but it would not have been the kind of car I’d wanted to build for this. Honestly I started throwing money at it, it was only a $75k car before I added the carbon fiber panels and spruced up interior and a lot of quality sliders.

3 Likes

@abg7 same question like strop probably but do you mind weird size tyres?

Having tires on either or both axles which are the wrong size for the car’s drivetrain layout and/or power output worries me. That’s what comes to mind first when I think of tires in weird sizes.

imgur is being slow today, I will try to get my presentation up after classes.

2 Likes