The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

>Sell a full squadron of Bogliq Blue police cars
>Get everyone scared whenever they see blue in their mirror
>Cruise around in a Bogliq while everyone cowers in fear
>Profit
14 Likes

Lawsuit inbound.

Similarly sized car, identical model name, both are 4-door sedans. Mine is from 1998.

4 Likes

My entry’s now called the Guardsman, not Guardian as it was previously. And is the transmission type a factor in the scoring?

1 Like

I would like to present the newish Licorne Wapiti
A family sedan with enough power to keep those pesky turbos a bay and safe enough to transport granny.

Now we understand that you are looking at a fleet buy for new patrol cars well the Wapiti is comfortable, dependable and most importantly has a 5L 400hp v8. zero to sixty in 5.5 and a top speed of 180MPH.

Expensive but safe.

6 Likes

wait. sequential? wasn’t it out in 2001?

not single clutch, thats available well before then

2 Likes

Single clutch sequential. I really wanted to use an auto but i just wasnt happy with the zero to sixty time so in my head the gearbox is a auto with flappy paddles that u can leave in drive

I have a very different approach for what I’m going to build.

i would have put a wankel, but kilrob says no

3 Likes

JHW M.R.P.V.

Ok, it’s 2000, the new millenium. In the US, Police force fleets are dominated by Panther Platforms And W-Bodies from the 1990’s, and the THPD is looking to upgrade their very much ageing fleet of Petoskey Romeros with something newer. so, why not go for the W-Body or Panther cars, seeing as they are the obvious choices? well, they’re modified for law enforcement, but underneath it all, they’re still just a Cherolet Lumia or a Ford Crown Vic. Not something built with law enforcement in mind. well, here at JHW, we have a car that is built specifically for the role: The M.R.P.V.

M.P.R.V. stands for Multi Role Police Vehicle, as it can be used for City, Highway, and Countryside roles with equal aplomb.

The car is 100% Corrosion resistant Steel in construction, so it’s both very safe and durable. The drivetrain is a 5 speed automatic, hooked up to a 50/50 AWD system with auto lockers as standard, so it works in all weather.

The engine is a 3.7L V6 with Multi Point EFI and our unique PAI system, delivering 325hp and 298lb -ft of torque.

what is PAI, you ask? well, PAI is Power Assisted Intake. it’s a turbocharging system consisting of two small turbos, with an Air/Air Intercooler, running a very high AR ratio and relatively low boost pressure to strike a balance between performance and economy.

and this car costs just $17880, leaving you room to purchase 13 of these cars within your budget.

so why buy a street car with light when you can buy something built for pupouse?

get an orderform today!

4 Likes

yeah. tried it… actually good for the stats… but the values though. so expensive for such little increase. but is better than auto, and as good as manual…

decisions decisions.

i wanted to do automatic gearbox. so you can eat donuts without needing to shifting gears

5 Likes

Introducing the Bell Corleone Impel…

The Impel is the ultimate police interceptor.

A easy to use 5-speed auto makes this car simple to drive, it’s no slouch though with a 7.5second 0-60 time.

AWD with a 58F/42R balance

Produces near 200hp with a 3.0V6

best bit is, this car only costs $15,730

5 Likes

First Order Automotive would like to present our offering for the mighty fine officers of THPD.

--------------------------------- The Ceptor ----------------------------------------

Important facts…
3.5L V8 Naturally Aspirated
5 spd manual sending 311hp to the rear wheels
26mpg

Top speed - 170mph
0 - 60 - 4.6s

For the bean-counters
Purchase price - $14,520
Service costs - $157 per year

Front seats are higher quality than rear seat but the company computer only recognises 1 “interior selection” so the comfort levels in front and rear are different than those quoted in the brochure.

If there was a requirement then we could also offer an SW version of the Ceptor, we call it the Highway, for $14,740 with pretty much comparable stats.

Thank you for considering First Order Automotive.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, at the reception computer of Tatum Heights Police Department…

From: Mike Wackenbauer (wackenbauer.m_sales@tatumheightserin.com)
To: reception@thpd.org
Subject: RE: Regarding New Police Vehicles

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently a letter came across my desk regarding a request from the THPD for a new fleet of police vehicles. I believe that we at Erin may have the vehicle you are looking for.

For your consideration, we have the Erin Tauga Tourer, in mid-ranged Lex trim and fitted with our AllDrive AWD system. It makes for a reliable, practical and efficient wagon that also covers your performance requirements and drives like a dream.

While it is built over in England, we can have them built in left hand drive configuration and will be happy to fit any police equipment you require.

If you are interested in such a deal, we could sell the cars to you for $18700 each, including a standard 3 year warranty and 10 year parts support.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Mike Wackenbauer,
Head of Sales, Tatum Heights Erin Dealership

Attached files (2)

13 Likes

thats gotta be fiberglass

AHS chassis with aluminium panels. :wink:

With a coating of helium and fairy dust! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit:- Although looking at other entries…maybe my car is a little smaller.

#2000 Talon Automotives RX-T Interceptor Package

Talon. A small General European company, created by the EU to supply europe with specific model cars and vehicles. This is the Most Advanced Talon Police Vehicle.

This is the RX-T

Made and designed in Germany, the RX-T is a ground breaking design, with SynchAWD and a Twin-Baled V6, the RX-T is made for taking down and quick response.

This specific model is the Interceptor Package, with more aggressive looks, a short rear end, and stiffened chassis, this baby will take care of any pesky runners. This model is specifically made for Police, and Military, application with built-in connection ports for all Police Equipment, and bullet-proof glass.

Now, you may ask how much for one? that would be 24,800. So, on your budget, you’ll only be able to get 10 of these machines, but, if you need to get somewhere fast, this’ll be your ride. 0-100km/h in 4.5 seconds, and a top speed of 263km/h. This is plenty fast as an Interceptor, Highway patrol, or Rapid Response vehicle.

9 Likes

Slowly taking shape…

17 Likes

Wow… Looks so… realistically generic? Anyway, I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like