The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Let see where my minivan will place me, I made after seeing Fiat Doblos and Ford Transits used as police cars in Europe but, I don’t think I’ll get any points in the ‘pursuit category’ or for the looks since it’s so bland and nonthreatening

Introducing the 2000 Boss Motorsports Police Interceptor P93.

That’s right, we took an American classic – The Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor – and made it better.

We took a basic P71 from Ford and did everything the bean-counters wouldn’t let the Ford Engineers do. Make use of a Mustang Mach 1 inspired 4.6L 4-vavle DOHC Modular V8? Yeah, we did that. Increase horsepower output over 100 HP over the P71? Yeah, we did that. Use the best available engine technology to produce a broad, dome-shaped torque curve, topping out just shy of 300 lb-ft of torque, and still get a combined 21+ US MPG? Yeah, we did that too.

These cars are also purpose built from Boss Motorsports. No need to buy the P71 shell and ship it off to a special company or use man hours in the department garage to outfit the vehicle with lights and radio equipment when you buy from us. Simply spec out your P93 equipment and we’ll put together the police interior in the most ergonomic and utilitarian way possible while making all the tweaks to the original P71 design. Meanwhile, the exterior comes standard with grille, mirror, and roof mounted emergency lighting in addition to integrated head and taillight “wig-wags”, roof mounted radio communication antennae and a push bar.

The P93 is also equipped for general policing duties. The original Boss Motorsports Interceptor, released in 1978, was available in two trims: standard and pursuit. That was our first venture into the police market. Our standard version proved to be in a gray-area between general patrol and pursuit capabilities. 325 HP and poor fuel economy from a 400 CI engine was just a little too much for departments on the other side of the American oil crisis of the mid 70s. However, our Pursuit package was used by a select group of Highway Patrols and were popular in specialized application for their 500 HP thanks to a pre-emission regulation engine. The 2000 P93 has the advantage of the lessons we have learned over the last 20 years Boss has been in the American Police Vehicle Market. That means this vehicle has the horsepower to keep up with Corvettes and the technology to slow down fuel consumption.

In order to ensure we built a police car that checked all the boxes, we made a few specific design choices. First off, the car weighs in at less than two tons. We make use of some aluminum parts in the body in order to save weight. The powerplant is also all-alloy in order to save weight in the front end. This leads to a decent weight distribution that makes the P93 much less prone to oversteer as its P71 counterparts which are notorious for fishtailing in poor weather conditions. We also raised the suspension, not only to ensure the car never bottoms out during regular driving, but we raised the body an additional half-inch after that for those curbs and medians the car may encounter in a rapid response to a call while using modest medium compound tires to get the best out of performance and tread life.

Finally, we didn’t mess with a good thing. Sure you’ll find Boss Motorsports badging and our signature taillight arrangement, but the CVPI has been the dominant police car for the last five years, and with little to no competition in the market, we don’t see anything changing anytime soon. That means this car is very closely related to the P71 simply because Ford did many things right. However, we took a good concept of body on frame construction, added some power, preserved fuel economy, and prioritized safety and handling over all else. Parts for the P93 interceptor should prove to be almost as ubiquitous as the P71 thanks to keeping things relatively simple.

Boss Motorsports is pleased to offer this built-to-spec police vehicle to departments across the Untied States. Furthermore, we’re happy to offer this all-rounder for under $20,000.00

Certainly there will be cheaper options, but no corner has been cut in creating a vehicle that is designed to last while reliably and effectively patrolling your jurisdiction’s streets. Don’t just buy the cookie-cutter cop car. Buy a Boss and command crime to stop like one.

10 Likes

#The Valiant Omicron
######(yes I’m currently trying to reboot my Valiant brand which I never properly finished… or started)

The “Omicron”, an intended competitor for the Vauxhall Omega and BMW 3 series, is powered by a British MicroDesigns Inline 6, mated to a 5-Speed Manual and is assembled in Preston, England… all while being owned by the American company “Valiant”.
The bulletproof, silky smooth Inline 6, which features VVT and VVL technology, delivers plenty of low end torque when moving around town and still manages to deliver a good kick when you put your foot down.
The firm 5-Manual gearbox has a very forgiving clutch that makes it very easy to learn to drive on, so this shouldn’t be a worry to any potential American customers.
The front double wishbone suspension combined with the rear multi-link setup ensures that steering is very precise and quick whilst maintaining a neutral attitude (no extreme oversteer or understeer) at all reasonable speeds.
The interior is made up of only high quality materials so that the seats don’t wear (or tear!) when put through constant heavy use.
We could go on and on. The only way you can really find out just how good the Omicron is, is to try it out for yourself. I mean… we can deliver 15 of them to you.

7 Likes

Solo Motors Co. has received the Tatum Height City Council brief on the need for a new fleet of police cruisers, and we believe we have the solution…

##Introducing the 2000 Solo Fleet Interceptor

What you see is exactly what you get: a full size sedan designed for the American market. We introduced the Fleet in 1980 for taxi companies, municipalities, and police departments. What you’ve got in the all-new 2000 model is twenty years of experience in police spec vehicles.

The Fleet Interceptor has a 9’6" wheelbase and overall length of 7’3" (excluding the ram bar) and weighs in at 3710 lbs, so it’s got quite the presence and heft to intercept vehicles. The long wheelbase translates well to interior space and ease of access in the rear doors. It’s a solid steel body on a lightweight AHS steel chassis, allow for moderate collisions without compromising the structural integrity of the car. The front dual-wishbone and rear semi trailing arm suspensions improves on the drivability of your current cruisers while the FR layout will already be familiar to the officers.

Moving on to the engine, you’ll find a 4.6L naturally aspirated SOHC V8 producing 248 hp and 277 lb-ft of torque while also returning 20.5 MPG. The Fleet Interceptor will hit 62 mph in 7.4 seconds and has a top speed of 150 mph, assuring that it will be able to hold its own on freeway pursuits. The 5-speed automation transmission is perfect for the multitasking officers have to do at the wheel as well as ease of use, all officers will be able to drive it. Medium compound tires and four wheel disc brakes with moderately sport tuned suspension offer fairly dynamic driving performance for such a large car, certainly a major improvement over your current cruisers. We also recognise the importance of reliability and have worked hard to ensure the Fleet Interceptor will last for years to come.

Inside, you’ll find the necessary plugins for a police computer over the basic stereo. We went with a high quality basic interior for decent comfort and high reliability, and the same goes for the standard safety features. All driver assists are offered, as well as bulletproof door panels and dashboard. The advantage of the long wheelbase should be obvious here, with lots of passenger space and plenty of room for a divider between the seats without compromising all the leg room. The trunk is resistant to forced entry and offers more than 36 cubic feet of volume with a standard shotgun rack.

With all these features and attention to detail, we believe the 2000 Solo Fleet Interceptor will be the proper choice for the Tatum Heights Police Department. When designing this car, we simply looked on how we could improve the police cruiser, rather than reinventing it.
The Fleet Interceptor comes with varying warranties that can be discussed while its price of $14,630 will allow you to purchase 17 cars with your budget. Part of the purchase includes having the department colour and decals applied before delivery for the cars to be available for use as soon as they’re received.

11 Likes

Shromet/Nickel Engineering is proud to present the Nickel 4 Spec!

Archaic? Maybe. Durable? Undoubtedly. Powered by a 5.1 Liter Small block V8 making 210 Horsepower, and 283 Pound Feet of Torque. At first glance, once could be forgiven for thinking that is anemic, until you learn that coupled with a 4 speed EcoShift© Transmission with Overdrive, This Full size car gets 25MPG combined.
It’s no slouch either, getting to the quarter Mile in 16.1 Seconds, and a top speed of 139 Miles Per Hour. More than enough to keep up with local Hooligans.
There’s more. A toughened up body and simple construction give the Nickel 4 Spec a reliability rating of 74.6, and a Drivability rating of 67.4, making it Ideal in any situation.
For any law enforcement, there is only one obvious choice. The Nickel 4 Spec.

######*Optional Equipment Shown, Estimated amount of Cars purchasable on fleet purchase is 17.

7 Likes

Just something obvious I thought I’d mention because I know for a fact people are gonna get confused about it or something when the reviews come out… always round down the amount of cars you can fit in the budget. If you have 13.903242394, it’s not a full car, round down. As much as GM likes to sell incomplete cars, we cannot, so don’t false advertise! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

I think I did a factory-standard 20% markup, but that was because I hadn’t seen to estimate at 10%. So I hope that doesn’t affect my overall.

Even still, I know this isn’t one I’ll win. Just having a little fun.

I have no idea how to be better and/or different than cars already posted so I’ll pass on this one…

2 Likes

Could go for a van, call it a K-9 unit. Try to one-up all of us for going with sedans and wagons.

How do you know if you don’t try? :wink:

3 Likes

@Microwave I made sure to be as close to a full number while staying above to maximum efficiency. +1 on brakes bringing me to 16.96 cars? I doubt Tatum Heights well want one without a steering wheel.

@AirJordan I was feeling completely uninspired as well. Just look around the bodies, or maybe think of what kind of engine/performance you want and that might get you going.

3 Likes

#ZM Danzig Patrol

As all the ZM cars sold in USA, this car too is based on mixed technology from Znopresk Avtotehnika and Blue Marlin Motori Auto. The platform and chassis is based on the Znopresk Zenit, with fully indipendend suspension front and rear (McPh+SemTrail) and the engine is a inline six from BMMA, the same mounted on the Narwhal.

Anyway, this spec is not available on the market, but is built specifically for public service all around the world. What makes it so special? Let’s start.
###Chassis
The whole monocoque and bodyshell is in corrosion resistent steel, to increase the life expectancy of the model. It has also reinforced front and rear bumper with “ready-to-install” bull bar capability.
###Engine
The 3.5 liter inline six is turbocharged, developing 307 horse power split 54/46 to the front and rear wheels thanks to a torque converver with 5 speeds. It gives the car a top speed of over 158 mph (255 km/h) and goes from 0-62 miles in 5.8 seconds. Still, it runs on 91 RON (87 AKI)
###Special Equipment
The car was carefully designed to fulfill all the requirements of the public service.
The AWD system is coped with an offroad skidtray for protection, higher ride height and steel rims in order to allow car chase everywhere, without fear of kurbs or sidewalk to jup on. It has also manual lockable differential in case of extra grip required in offroad (comfortably activable from the driving seat).
Also… a very special surprise. :wink:

An integrated LED communication system programmable from inside.

With the price of 14.190$ the municipality can update 17 cars of their fleet.

13 Likes

#Presenting the 2000 Fidel V8 by Bush

Rugged, well engineered, easy to drive and to run. If those are your requests, look no further.
With a 225 hp 4.6 SOHC V8, the Fidel has plently of low end power to move you along the streets making the best use of its smooth, slick 5-speed automatic gearbox.

Costing just 13,090, we can sell you 19 brand-new Fidels for you to renew your city fleet.

Bush Motors. Kinder, Gentler Cars.

Disclaimer: Colour and name may or may not be related to a cuban dictator. The slogan may or may not be a rip off from a late 80s presidential election.

8 Likes

Interesting how many 4.6 sohc v8’s are being made for cop cars… Wonder what caused that coincidence. :joy:

Also fun fact, my unreleased price is still a full car cheaper than anything so far revealed, guess we’ll see how badly THPD really wants to upgrade their fleet.

2 Likes

meanwhile… i’m going the pony car route… well as much as a 4 door sedan can be a pony…

Mine came first. Anything else is a copy :stuck_out_tongue:

The Omicron’s lack of markings, light bars and other external law enforcement paraphernalia make it look like an undercover car. Frankly, I’m surprised that hardly anyone has gone for that approach - suspects would have had no idea they’re being pursued!

Bob did already specify that car’s may be fitted with the fixtures post submission as the current fixtures available aren’t 100% immersion friendly.

Or you could make an undercover car, but since Bob’s looking to replace an entire fleet that may be counterintuitive :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of which, PDs tend to be restricted and quite strict on their budget. So has anybody else here actually done the math to see what the maximum cost of each unit should be if you want to replace all the old cars? Hint: it’s quite a bit less than almost every single submission shown so far :wink:

2 Likes

I think there’s 21 cars worth replacing? so you’d have to run super fucking cheap. Like budget cheap. Like “no-one will buy this car” cheap.

2 Likes