The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

To be fair, I wanted to avoid flaring the rear wheel arches too much. I was kinda going for ‘corporate sleeper’ styling, which apparently screwed me yet again.

That, and I was kinda hoping I had a good strategy with the high fuel efficiency and interior full of tech.

yeah…
13km/l (around 7.7L/100km) is gonna screw me right up the ass…
and my exterior designing too…
the rest are pretty okay i think.

@vri404: how could you even miss something you stared at for maybe around 20 minutes?

Because I am a freaking spaz

Fantastic Asdren! Loved the presentation and great reviews. And I think I managed to get a suspension setup that didn’t have too many inherent flaws! :smiley:

Nice reviews and a very tough competition I must say…eager to see more :slight_smile:

Whoa Asdren, these are quite thorough. Worth the wait in my opinion, well done!

Asdren, I have a question. How the hell did I get third? :laughing:

I am really surprised! I thought my car was not very good but it seems I did okay! :slight_smile: Congrats to storm automotive!
[size=10]
I wonder if I should have entered the Gyro R-Spec…[/size]

Err speedemon, the reviews aren’t done yet. That’s just the order in which asdren’s reviewing them :stuck_out_tongue:

I must say, the standard and attention to details of the reviews has been very well maintained. Everybody’s putting in a great effort on these, and the rounds are also proceeding in a fairly timely fashion. Keep up the good effort everyone!

Added three reviews, i think about five are remaining, but life is calling and have to leave them for tomorrow :frowning:

I might have overcooked this one a little.

Hard to disagree with her on this one, I must say. Though it wouldn’t be a smart thing to do, since throwing it into corners is a far better use of this car than racing between lights.

I think my power goal for this car was far too high considering the power numbers of the other cars. I shouldve reduced the fuel mixture and made the turbo a bit smaller to improve the practicallity of the engine. Either way i did manage a very good specific output of 160hp/l from my 200hp 1.25l

[quote=“koolkei”]how much does fuel matter?

if i pick 91 over 95, would you consider it more?[/quote]

no answer
and then i read this

dammit, had i known that. could’ve got more power out of it or make it more efficient

[size=35]aside from that. mind if i ask, is V’s opinion your actual real wife’s opinion?[/size]

[quote=“asdren”]
[size=150]9. Boss Manager[/size]

The next car was another from the united states, and even though I am not very familiar with Boss cars, the back of this sedan was as American as it can get, at least in my opinion. Nothing very fancy about the looks, the side looks especially clean, almost a bit empty, but what I was not so sure about was the headlights. If you kneel down and look at from the front, it is a look that I would expect from a hatchback, I guess its because the front grill is relatively small compared to the big headlights. It does not look what it is named after, a Manager. Maybe I am getting a bit nitpicky here.[/quote]

I feel like this is payback for comments I may have made about your farm truck. :laughing: Other than that, I’ve long envied the design capabilities of some of the other competitors. I have no creative foresight. That’s why the Boss Motorsports style is plain. It’s not about the outside. It’s the performance and quality that make a car.

I’m an Italian from Jersey. Need I say more?

This is probably the first Boss car that’s not an insane power monster, but I had to throw some performance at it. I’ve been getting more… reasonable… as I’ve played the game more. Especially with the tycoon part coming out. I think the Manager came out well for a larger sedan.

I thought they were fade free when I built the car… I must have adjusted something in the fine tuning.

I designed the car to run on regular American fuel. Just think, you could get the car chipped with a Boss Motorsports tune and get some more power out of it. If not, you’d never have to worry about knock or a sub-par tank of fuel.

I’m pleased with the review and the thoughts on the car overall. I figured I’d be more American that you’d expect as far as weight and power goes, but I think the car yields a strong performance overall. I tried to cover as many bases as possible and I think that if you really want a long term new car that can be fun and supremely practical and reliable, you have to give up the flashy bits to stay under budget. Good interior, good power, and a great handling feel are all things important to a good driving experience.

Well it’s got muffler bypass and rwd :wink:
Smooth car comes with a smooth ride. I think you will appreciate that on the autobahn more.
Great review, shame we had those export glitches…

[quote=“koolkei”]
dammit, had i known that. could’ve got more power out of it or make it more efficient[/quote]

Sorry mate, i was not available that week.

→ Yes :slight_smile:

So i updated the original post again, final four cars and the result remain for tomorrow.

Nice job on the reviews Asdren. I’ve enjoyed reading them a lot. The anticipation is killing me; that’s the downside of submitting on the last possibly day, you have to wait lol.

Wait…

I still need to wait for my score?

I thought that I came in third! :frowning:

Waiting too see the results! :slight_smile:

Final reviews are done and the results have been posted: Link to post

Congrats Sebesseg on getting to taste the sweet, sweet wine of forum victory! :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley:

I can’t wait for the next round, bring it on!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason the cs didnt have a diff on it is because it had very little impact on the wheelspin stat even when using the very expensive electric lsd so i just kept it open, besides the TC should kick in to keep the wheels from spinning anyways.

Congrats to sebesseg and im prepared for round 8, hopefully it will be something a bit different than what weve had thus far.